Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Pinnacle bettors, liking in-game on every NBA Game? Or, miss 2nd half betting format?

This is the first season Pinnacle stopped putting up an official "2nd half NBA line" because they have their in-game markets on every game. We haven't heard much here about the new live betting option, surprisingly. Pinnacle has stepped it up!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I have wondered why Pinny don't have a live-betting-centric page like a lot of other books do. Rather than kind of hide it amongst the regular betting options menu.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Agree. It would be good if they at least had a tab on http://www.pinnaclesports.com/en/odd...nba?sport=True

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I like it when a book just posts an "in-game" line and continuously updates it at every commercial.

I hate that in-game software. It's a pain in the a$$. I don't see any advantage to the player. And the juice is extremely high.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I like it when a book just posts an "in-game" line and continuously updates it at every commercial.

I hate that in-game software. It's a pain in the a$$. I don't see any advantage to the player. And the juice is extremely high.
    They actually mention that juice and limits are identical to the old NBA ½ time lines.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I don't like it because it means nitrogen is not posting 2nd half nba lines. They only leave their shitty -115 juice (and delayed now) live betting open during half.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    I don't like it because it means nitrogen is not posting 2nd half nba lines. They only leave their shitty -115 juice (and delayed now) live betting open during half.
    wow surprised Nitro is that committed to copying Pinnacle. Why not toss up a -110 2nd hlf line @NitrogenSports ??

larco15
    larco15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Unite live betting. Multiple searches = waste of time.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

i prefer when 2nd half betting is separate than live betting. and i don't like the live betting during game play. i wish it was just at commercials when play is stopped. action too fast in nba, so it is useless betting during a play.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

What's there not to like? If juice is in fact the same, this is fantastic

I highly doubt Pinnacle would do this unless Greek, BOL, b365 and others were cutting into their revenues with all the in-play games on the offer each and every day.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

In-play does more volume than straight bets at places like 365. Bookmaker will do more depending on the market. Not NFL yet. Players in Europe expects it.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Their live betting juice on NBA is as highest as its ever been.

Their 2nd half juice has stayed the same( its essentially the same thing as betting 2nd half's as before just only available in their live section now for some reason).

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

Quote Originally Posted by lecubs28 View Post
    i prefer when 2nd half betting is separate than live betting. and i don't like the live betting during game play. i wish it was just at commercials when play is stopped. action too fast in nba, so it is useless betting during a play.
    Yeah impossible to bet in-play, would prefer if they did commercials only. But for HT's its basically samething just need to do a little math.

larco15
    larco15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog52658 View Post
    Yeah impossible to bet in-play, would prefer if they did commercials only. But for HT's its basically samething just need to do a little math.
    Disagree. The opportunities are limitless.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

I miss the second half betting format. I'm all in favour of as much live betting as they want to offer, but I think moving the second half lines
    into the live betting sucks. I mean, let's see, I want to bet the second half over. So...what's the line? Well, let's see, the half time score is 50-47, so that's 97 points...the live betting total is 195.5...so, that means the second half total is 195.5 - 97 = 98.5...ok, sounds good, I'll bet that...oh wait, the line's changed now. Really? You folks like that? I guess I'm just lazy, or I suck at math, but I'd rather just have the second half line posted as over/under 98.5...kind of like every other sports book...

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingbettor View Post
    I miss the second half betting format. I'm all in favour of as much live betting as they want to offer, but I think moving the second half lines
    into the live betting sucks. I mean, let's see, I want to bet the second half over. So...what's the line? Well, let's see, the half time score is 50-47, so that's 97 points...the live betting total is 195.5...so, that means the second half total is 195.5 - 97 = 98.5...ok, sounds good, I'll bet that...oh wait, the line's changed now. Really? You folks like that? I guess I'm just lazy, or I suck at math, but I'd rather just have the second half line posted as over/under 98.5...kind of like every other sports book...
    This shit still annoys me.

Wish Pinny would just post regular 2H lines.

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

This wouldn't even be worthy of note if Pinnacle weren't so behind the times with live betting. This kind of betting has been available in Europe for the last 10-15 years, and the fact Pinnacle are only just doing this sort of stuff shows how much catching up they have to do.

Anybody stuck in their ways and wishing for the past in the way they bet live on this sort of thing will need to forget that and adjust extremely quickly, as this will very quickly become the norm at Pinnacle and everywhere else where it isn't the norm already. It's an instant world nowadays and the mass market is demanding second by second betting and all the rest of it, and it's up to the bookmakers to live up to those demands.

Bet365 posted financial results in September 2016 stating that 72% of their sports betting revenue was from in-play, with only 28% pre-match, which just shows how big in-play has become, and shows how important it is for bookmakers to have a top of the range in-play product.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pinnacle going to more of a euro style way of betting

I wonder when UK players will be allowed back?

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pinnacle going to more of a euro style way of betting

I wonder when UK players will be allowed back?
    Pinnacle have said in the press and on Twitter for the last 6 months or so and still do that they expect to be back in the UK market by the end of 2016.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

I think the biggest annoyance is that it is a US Sports market and the US focused markets are still using 2H. So now you dont have Don Best or SBRodds showing a half time market anymore to go a long with the CRIS books, 5dimes, BOL etc. Those betting line moves or just price shopping with Pinnacle have to always know the first half score and be subtracting it.