brett1508
    brett1508's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

FanDuel/DraftKings

Thoughts on the daily fantasy model?

I saw an article that said it is pretty much impossible to win money because the entire thing is dominated by like ten guys that use software to play hundreds of teams at once. Not sure how accurate the article was. Anyway, the concept seems interesting and I was just wondering if anyone here has tried it.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Waste of time, waste of money. Better off buying a powerball ticket.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave themike78 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Waste of time, waste of money. Better off buying a powerball ticket.
    Yep. I have invested some money last 2 seasons. This past Sunday I had my best scoring ever on a single fantasy day by scoring just under 300 points. Finished 308 out of 57000 teams. And basically won 7 x the cost of that weekly league fee. So yes, I compare winning one of those the same as a powerball ticket.

themike78

Too much time and too much effort to win such little money. Yeah if you come in first in one of the big contests great. But what are the odds of that? I am sure it is close to hitting the powerball.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Just got into the weekly thing this nfl season on DK. Dudes with 70, 161, 393, 688,+++.. entries in the sunday million. What a joke. My teams have done damn good but not made a penny. How can the average joe who has seen the thousand commercials compete?

There are a few contests that are single entry, will stick with those. They should all be this way to see who is the true champ, but it's all about that $$$$$$$$
    Last edited by FilletMaster; 09-30-15 at 04:29 PM.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

Yes there are a few guys like that. But the normal guy can win too if you know your stuff

i won 15k, 10k and 7k in one night at different times.
    Last edited by Itsamazing777; 09-30-15 at 06:44 PM.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273623

hopefully offshore outlets with redcued VIG or formats like 3 entries max will soon rule the day.

these two crap companies can BLOW me. and now I see draftkings on the city buses advertising. YUK..

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

You don't have to just play the "lottery" games. They have 50/50 leagues. Heads up matches. All manner of entrant number.

themike78

It is still too much work. You have to research all kinds of stats on players you pick to go against other people. It is much easier to just pick a team you think will win the game.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by brett1508 View Post

I saw an article that said it is pretty much impossible to win money because the entire thing is dominated by like ten guys that use software to play hundreds of teams at once. Not sure how accurate the article was. Anyway, the concept seems interesting and I was just wondering if anyone here has tried it.
    It's so easy to make several dummy accounts... maybe FD and DK are behind it? How would you find evidence that their doing it? You wouldn't. They aren't paying out sh#$. Years from now... truth will surface that it was all fixed.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's so easy to make several dummy accounts... maybe FD and DK are behind it? How would you find evidence that their doing it? You wouldn't. They aren't paying out sh#$. Years from now... truth will surface that it was all fixed.
    I agree, how do you know all these entries are not from the fuking draftking employees?

themike78

The bottom line is you are not going to make any money playing fantasy. Yeah you might get lucky and win something big. You can do the same buying lotto tickets also. You have a much better chance just betting on the games themselves.

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

The bottom line is you are not going to make any money playing fantasy. Yeah you might get lucky and win something big. You can do the same buying lotto tickets also. You have a much better chance just betting on the games themselves.
    With juice the odds are you won't make money betting sports game either. Fantasy is fun, and there are so many different tournaments. I like to do the 1pm only Sunday ones. There are a bunch that don't allow multiple entries if you don't want people with tons of entries. I've found that if you do the $27 or higher leagues, a lower score compared to the $3 will get you in the money.

I do a few every week as entertainment, doesn't take much research as people are saying, but it is a lot of luck to get first.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by brett1508 View Post

It's for die hard sports fans, not gamblers who are into betting more than the actual sport.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15371

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    hopefully offshore outlets with redcued VIG or formats like 3 entries max will soon rule the day.

these two crap companies can BLOW me. and now I see draftkings on the city buses advertising. YUK..
    There are some single entry GPP.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Fk fan duel. Lost a H2H because of a late out.. . 39.83 beats 39.75 . Stupid scoring system .

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

I would like to know how much they cut from the pot. Does anyone have a clue?

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    H2H I played two games
    $5 wins $9
    $25 wins $45

They make mad $$ off this.. Some H2H singles for $10600 buy in 20k payout

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15793

Easier to make money betting the point spread than going that route.

Also, have got into many discussions about the "concept" of Fantasy vs. what we do. They claim it's legal because it's not betting. You are wagering on the outcome and performance of players. So am I when I take New England -14. Fantasy people are betting, I hate to tell them. They're putting money up for a desired outcome.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: recon1

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too much time and too much effort to win such little money. Yeah if you come in first in one of the big contests great. But what are the odds of that? I am sure it is close to hitting the powerball.

pure waste

amateur hr 101

barkus
    barkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2362

I've made money playing mma on dk, but had a huge amount of luck on my side. Not sure if it can be beat consistently because the rake is so big.

But occasionally their guaranteed payout contests don't fill up enough and they end up losing money. Dk lost 1.5 million on their millionaire maker week 2 football contest.

barkus
    barkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2362

Draftking employee who won $350000 on fanduel likely used insider info.

https://dfsreport.com/6840/fanduel-draftkings-mishaps/

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

not surprising very sad they are screwing ppl when they would make billions anyway. but its simple the rich want to get richer and stomp out everybdy looking up

Bandito97
    Bandito97's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3646

Played some Fanduel during basketball season and when I saw the same player won the top 34 spots on the big, end of season entry, I knew it was BS.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    20% vig. Bet $5 to profit $4.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    20% vig. Bet $5 to profit $4.
    Wow. They must be seeing$$ signs 24/7. Basically a crime....needs to have regulations set.