Gigi69
    Gigi69's Avatar Become A Pro!

IASBET WARNING or trouble

in this thread i will report what happened to me after opened an account and deposit 2 times at iasbet.

i made my first deposit with moneybookers at iasbet on 02.12.2009 (60 € / okay, not so much, but i’m no highroller).
    i made two bets with this and lost both of it.
    then i splitted my freebets over 50€ and lost them too.
    now i made my second deposit (moneybookers again) (80€) on 16.12.2009.
    after this i want to made a bet between hertha bsc - sporting lissabon (soccer - europeleague).
    a normal single bet, but all bets are staked down to 0,00.
    wow (i think to me), two bets and limited, hmmmm... thats not funny and i want to withdraw my money back into my moneybookers-account.

but now the problems began:

We have declined your recent withdrawal request.
    In order to have a withdrawal processed you are required to send us 100 Points of Identification. Please note that we require certified copies of your documents. Kindly send us the following information as soon as conveniently possible so that we can process any future withdrawal requests:
    1. Please send us a clear copy of the front and back of any credit / debit card that you have used to fund your account (25 points)
    2. A copy of a valid legal photo identification document such as a Passport (70 points) or Drivers licence (40 points)
    3. Any other supporting documents, as per the enclosed table, to complete your 100 points of identification:
    70 Points: Passport, Birth Certificate, Citizenship certificate
    40 Points: Drivers Licence with Photo, Public Service ID Card, Social Security ID Card, Tertiary Student ID Card
    25 Points: Medicare Card, **********, **** Card, Drivers Licence without photo, Utility Bill showing Name and address

after this email from iasbet i send them copies of::

a payroll / a doctor’s bill / my id-card, front and rearside / a document of my bank / a bill of my handy-provider / a tax-declaration / my driver-licence / a radio-licence fee / vehicle-tax ) / vehicle-insurance / medical-insurance / medical-insurance-id-card / pension-insurance / social-insurance / election-voting-card.

after sending all these docs i thought to me, i’ve reached 1 million points of identification.
    but wrong.
    now they send me another e-mail, that i have to certify these documents through an doctor, notary or police-station.
    okay, i think by me, a doc you have to pay, a notary you have to pay much more too, but a police man you paid always with your taxes.

the next day i went to the nearest policestation in my hometown and show the policeman the following documents asking him to certify it:

my valid identity-card / certification of my citizenship / my full driving-licence / my social security identification / my medicare-card / an election-roll.

after assessment of all these cards and documents he certify that all data according to my statements are right and legally.
    he did certify these through two stamps and signatures.

now i was happy, because i’m thinking: send these per mail to iasbet and withdraw the money. after sending the document from the policestation i made the next try to withdraw my money. but failed again.
    now i got the next e-mail from iasbet that i have to certify all these documents individual.

sorry, but enough is enough and i have no lust more to do more things as i have done to this point.
    thats what i wrote to iasbet customer-service and gave them 2 working days to send back my money into my moneybookers-account.
    but nothing happens and got no e-mail back from them.
    now i'm angry and have to warn about these business practieses.

and thats the reason to warn all outside from australia who thinking about to open an account at iasbet.

ps: in the iasbet t&c’s you have the choice to verify you and your account over the internet.
    but, as i want to do so, they called to my thats only for people who living in australia.
    whats the difference between australian and non-australian to certify you through the internet ?

but, this, dont stand anywhere written in his t&c’s.

so, again, i warn all people to open an account at iasbet or they will treat you as an.......(ooops)

hope my english are good enough to understand all this (i'm german - but normally a nice guy)

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

sorry to hear about so much trouble with IAS

they really are a sound and worthwhile bookie

however their software does have some glitches including the $0 problem
    I can pretty well guarantee you that that had nothing to do with your betting history and that your account will not have been limited
    I've been using them for years and get that quite frequently
    I think it happens when they've laid the bet beyond the limit they established for the risk .. generally happens out of normal working hours - in fact I sent them another email with screenshot of it only yesterday and waiting to hear back with their excuse

as to the ID requirements .. sounds absurd but I wouldn't be surprised that its not all their fault
    we have some over the top government imposed rules regarding money transfers in this country and perhaps its due to that and/or inadequately trained staff not providing you with the correct information first up

ararat2010
    ararat2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

IASbet's certification as well as BetFair Australian Wallet are real annoying... I was troubling certify docs coz in my country regulation nobody permitted to certify any of public documents, so I ask my current employer to sign my copies - and that worked.

U have to pass it once, after that things change. Every bookie has an errors day by day. Iasbet anyway is trustworthy imho...

Gigi69

thanks hareeba!

the thing with the 0-staked bet is okay and i can understand that because it was a very dood odd for a away-win in this situation. but, lol - if i had made this bet, i would lost it (1:0). now i lost it somewhere else.

but, the thing with id-requirements:
    nothing heard of them about one week.
    but after i post this yesterday and sending them the link they answer me promptly (strange).

and they wrote the same as everytime:

Thank you for your email.

Please note when you registered your account at IASBet you acknowledged that you accept the IASBet Terms & Conditions.
    If you read our Terms and Conditions it clearly states that you will be required to send in legible certified copies of identification to the value of 100 points. Please refer to the following link: https://www.iasbet.com/help/company_rules.aspx

and to that i can say - yes i understand their t&c's.
    and i understand that i can certify my account (or me as person) over the internet.
    thats what i answered them again per e-mail.

then i got the mail with the following content:

Please note that the online verification is only Australian residents. As per law we require 100 points of certified ID within 90 days of you signing up with us or before a withdrawal. You need to make copies of your documents and get the copies certified, once this is done you can scan them and forward to us. We cannot accept a certified letter from a police officer.

the same as a few times before.
    but this time they cannot accept a certification through a policestation (police-officer) (STRANGE)

thats what the wrote me 17.12.2009:

Kindly note that we cannot accept documents that have not been certified. You may have your documents certified by an authorized person such as police officer, postmaster, doctor, lawyer, etc.

if i am not blind or blond or dumb in any other ways there stands in no uncertain terms: police officer

exactly that is what i've done and now (it seems) the whole shit begins again.
    in the meantime i got my answers from the third different person.

i think i go round in circles with them.

now i'm really angry about that 'how to handle a customer' and send them the next e-mail with the pious wish to return my money back into my mb-account. in other ways i have to post their 'service' in other forums too.

wait what happens next.

Gigi69

hi ararat2010

it's good to read that they accepted that.
    but i think that doesn't work for me. the reason is my employer and me are the same person.
    i think that were to strange for them to accepted this in my case.

what can i do more or better as certify my docs through a policestation (police-officer), our chancellor (a guy called angela merkel) is not a friend of mine.
    but after do that, they will not accept a certified scanned letter from a policestation thats signed through two stamps and signatures.
    sorry, but i can't understand that.

i'm at betfair too, and centrebet (as an australian book) too, but never had this problems.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

never heard that copies must be certified,maybe is one of their scam tactics

Gigi69

hi nenad,

but you see, its possible and stand so in their t&c's.
    but what they do now is impossible

ararat2010

http://www.abbeyinternational.com/Do...dToProvide.pdf

Look, that is a good example I used word by word.
    Also read Notarial Wording examples if Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_copy

Hope that helps.

Gigi69

hi ararat2010,

thanks for the link to this example, i would try this once again in this form the next days.

but this is not much different as the way i done before.
    FIRST i've send iasbet a copy only of my documents
    AND THEN the letter from the policestation (police-officer) which certify these documents

that means if they were a little bit more tolerant, they take the letter, make 5 or 6 copies of them and put my copies of id-card and the others copies on it.

now i have the work to do this for them (i see the police-officer laughing about that). the police in germany have no other things to do like that.

sorry, but were talking about a ammount under 100€ not for millions (money laundering), and the only thing i want is that they pay me back this money to my moneybookers-account which is certified in many ways before.

i think its bad what i have done and shown of my private sphere (some docs like pay bill.....) to be an costumer (hope, i don't have to make a copy of my rooster (sorry)).

thanks at the moment

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

its obligation to certify documents if there involving australian racing,

yobinad
    yobinad's Avatar Become A Pro!

IAS bet is scam like Canbet... Canbet stoled me my winnings a few months ago.
    In these kind of books you have to loose or they simply don't pay you your winnings.
    But you have to fight against them. We have to stop scams.

Gigi69

hi yobinad,

it's sad to hear that you were in trouble with canbet.

i read this and a few other probs about canbet.
    that was originally the reason for me to change to iasbet (i think they noted B+) because they have the same software and odds.

and now i have the probs with iasbet, but i have to say too, that i personally never had problems with canbet.

all bets i've done would be correctly deducted, not one bet ever would be cancelled by them, and ever they pay me correctly (3-4 days per moneybookers a little bit long, but okay).

and especially as i had a prob with their bonusrules to made a withdraw, after e-mailing them, they removed the bonus and made a correct payout including winnings.

in the meantime i wish, i've never tried to change to iasbet, but now it's too late.

hope for you, all would be good

yobinad
    yobinad's Avatar Become A Pro!

For me nothing gone a be good in my matter with Canbet, they stole my winnings telling that i have shared environments and don't use the bonus in the right spirit of the bonus. Never gave me proofs or explanation for that behaviour, simply closed my account and refund my deposit, and stoled all my winnings. i had tried everything, making complaints in various entitys but no one could help me. I was victim of a robbery.

frauhanna
    frauhanna's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh sorry to hear that but you already read their terms and condition?
    Just ask what the specific terms and condition that you violate for you to know

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by yobinad View Post
    IAS bet is scam like Canbet...
    In these kind of books you have to loose or they simply don't pay you your winnings.
    But you have to fight against them..
    Utter Bullshit
    I've used IAS for years and never had any problem with payouts.

Dunderfisk
    Dunderfisk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

I thought my experience was horrible then i read yours gigi. Awful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I requested a $200 withdrawal from iasbet

then they wrote the following email

Dear Mr B-SON,
    In order to have a withdrawal processed you are required to send us 100 Points of Identification. Please note that we require CERTIFIED COPIES of your documents. All documentation exclusive of credit card copies must be signed and stamped by an approved signatory. Kindly send us the following information as soon as conveniently possible so that we can process any future withdrawal requests:
    1. Please send us a clear copy of the front and back of any credit / debit card that you have used to fund your account (25 points)
    2. A copy of a valid legal photo identification document such as a Passport (70 points) or Drivers licence (40 points)
    3. Any other supporting documents, as per the enclosed table, to complete your 100 points of identification:
    70 Points: Passport, Birth Certificate, Citizenship certificate
    40 Points: Drivers Licence with Photo, Public Service ID Card, Social Security ID Card, Tertiary Student ID Card
    25 Points: Medicare Card, **********, **** Card, Drivers Licence without photo, Utility Bill showing Name and address
    You can confirm further information on these identification requirements at the following link http://www.iasbet.com/whatsnew/90dayrule.aspx. We recommend that you scan these documents and e-mail them to us to ensure that there are no delays in processing your documents. You can e-mail us at Support@iasbet.com.

--------------------------------------------------------

First I sent them a scanned copy of my id, my **** and one utility bill. But this wasnt enough (100 points isnt easy if u havent a passport)

They told me I could fax the documents.

I went to our tax authorities and they copied my **** and my id and confirmed it was ok and stamped it. They also printed a proof of residence and signed it.

I faxed it, but they were not accepted since they were not able to see it was me on the id. Our tax authorities have one of the best copying machines available so i doubt it.

I faxed it a couple of days later on a lighter setting but it wasnt approved and they said they wanted "certified" copies of the backs also. What they mean by certified i dont know, I have never heard of anyone certifying their id and ****. So then I scanned the documents and they would forward them to the risk departement.

I went to tax authorities again and they copied the backs of the id and the **** and they stamped and confirmed it. And I scanned and sent it.

I sent it six days ago and it is two weeks since i made my first request and no money or message have i received.

I have sent scanned copies of ****, **** back, id, id back, proof of residence/proof of person and utility bill. A total of six documents. I wonder if they think it is enough!

-------------------------------------------------------------

No they dont.

Dear T-s
    We have declined your recent withdrawal request.

bla bla bla bla

Kind regards,

And really the document that I sent to IASbet and that I call proof of residence is much more. It is the records swedish authorities have about me concerning:

My birthdate, My names and complete address and in which area i live, when I last moved to my current residence, which country I am a citizen of and if I am single, married or divorced. In which city I was born and in which area I was born.

Document stamped and confirmed. Authorities have also copied, stamped and confirmed both fronts and backs of my **** and my id (driver´s license). On top of this I have sent them a scanned copy of an electricity bill.

And they refuse payout because they dont think it is 100 points. When I calculate i think it is 160 points. I have asked what they want more. But they havent replied.

Iasbet, B bookie?

(Money laundering 70 dollars? (that was my deposit))

ararat2010

Dunderfisk try to call them (toll free numbers) and speak to support guys asking explanation. Hope they will proof u soon.

Gigi69 How is your case there?

nenad

they have closed my account and my friends referals also ,low life bookie in corrupted country

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by nenad View Post
    they have closed my account and my friends referals also ,low life bookie in corrupted country
    what utter crap

Australian bookies would be the safest of any in the world to deal with
    however that comes with strict controls about how they have to work
    IAS is a sound bookie and I've never had a problem being paid and am more than happy to have funds with them
    however the stories here do suggest that they are going through some administrative problems following being recently taken over by the Paddy Power group and I suspect there is some over officious interpretation of the Government's identity verification rules going on
    Management may not even be aware of what's happening in the back office.
    I suggest you phone in and demand to speak to someone in management about these issues.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

this is awful

Dunderfisk

New name after take-over?

Intentional Awful Slowpays Bet

or maybe I Ass Bet

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunderfisk View Post
    Intentional Awful Slowpays Bet

or maybe I Ass Bet
    idiot

Dunderfisk

What is idiotic is this ...

What is idiotic is that Gigi didnt get his money although he sent all kinds of documents and that they said a policemen could sign the documents and after that they didnt approve his withdrawal because a policeman couldnt sign it.

But Hareeba maybe thinks that is excellent customer service.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunderfisk View Post
    What is idiotic is that Gigi didnt get his money although he sent all kinds of documents and that they said a policemen could sign the documents and after that they didnt approve his withdrawal because a policeman couldnt sign it.

But Hareeba maybe thinks that is excellent customer service.
    never said that

Gigi69

sorry, but i'm not here for a few days

yes, after 32 days of sending different id's i got my money.

i've mailed them a certified copy of my id-card (front and back) (were they can determine: name / surname / date of birth / place of birth / citizenship / validity of id-card / city / street / height / eyescolour / oooh and not to forgotten: a horrible picture of me )

2nd: i've mailed them a copy (certified) of my drivers-licence WITH photo.
    3rd: i've mailed them a copy (certified) of my social-insurance.

all four docs (id-card front / id-card back / drivers-licence / social-insurance) i have scanned on my pc.
    after that i made an colour print of them (to have a better quality of my picture).
    then i leaving to my bank-account-manager (some would say: bank business management assistant) to certify the documents.
    she done it !

after that i have again scanned the certified docs on my pc.
    and then: i've mailed them again to iasbet in 2 steps, because they don't accept mails larger as 10 mb.

and.... wonder..... they accepted this.... finally.
    and yes, after all, i got my money back.

i accept the security arrangements they do (or have to do),
    BUT, THEY HAVE NOT TO WROTE ON HER WEBSITE (WITHOUT A HINT THAT IS FOR AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMERS ONLY):

For your convenience, you can verify your identity online at IASbet.com in minutes, simply log in to your IASbet.com account and click on the "Verify Me" link on the top right of the My Account page.

for a normal player like me, if i know that i have to do so many things only to play for some small amounts of money, i never would be open an account with them.

Hareeba!

Very pleased to see you got your money Gigi .. not that I ever imagined you wouldn't if you are genuine, unlike some who post garbage against about a good and honourable (albeit somewhat lacking in administrative procedures) bookie.

In the end it all came down to misunderstanding, interpretation and probably unskilled staff.

Dunderfisk

After 3 weeks and 10 emails and same documents sent over and over I was finally approved and can now withdraw what is left. And that isnt much.

Gigi69

congrats to your confirmation

ouch, sorry - but after all these procedures i dont had played there and got back my deposited money.

I DON'T LIKE THAT

nenad

stay away from iasbet

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by nenad View Post
    stay away from iasbet
    I see no good reason to do that and certainly have no intention of closing my account which I've had since the very early days of the company.

They are sound, subject to the best regulatory system in the world, always pay within 48 hours and offer competitive odds and heaps of bonuses particularly for Aussie racing and will take a decent sized bet.

Their general sports betting however does have pretty ordinary limits but are much better on Aussie events.

Yes, they do seem to have been having some administrative issues since being taken over by that Irish pretence of a bookmaker and there are a few annoying issues with the working of their software. Let's hope they soon get on top of them.

So don't be put off by ignorant posters saying they are not to be trusted.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are 100% safe to bet with.

I have used them in the past but now they insist on "certified copies" of identification when every other Australian bookmaker accepted a scanned copied of my identification. (Centrebet/SportsAlive/Sportsbet Australia).

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post

I have used them in the past but now they insist on "certified copies" of identification when every other Australian bookmaker accepted a scanned copied of my identification. (Centrebet/SportsAlive/Sportsbet Australia).
    The law was changed late last year and they are now required to obtain certified ID documents when opening a new account.

It's not only IAS. I had to do it at another Oz book on opening an account earlier this year.

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post

My friend is still waiting for his money (its almost 4-5 months now) and its a small amount. He already send them 105 points (passport and a bill) but it was not enough for a such small amout as 300$.

Another thing. We tried for hours communicate with them. (and also SBR) but no results more than they closed our affiliates too. (just because we try to communicate with them) Their tracking is not working either. My friend was signed up threw their banner but it was never tracked.

So, they are owned my friend 300$, and they are closing affiliates without a particular reason. And their banners is not tracking.

Thats how I look at IAS Bet. And if they safe? why all this

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by DIF View Post

Total ignorance

They may be administratively incompetent (seems to have been showing up mostly since they were taken over by that pathetic Irish excuse for a bookmaker) but thieves they are not.

Anyone with a genuine unresolved complaint against an Australian book should refer it to their administrators and I'm confident that it will be handled properly

12 Last