scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betjam@ others putting players at risk

i recently called betjam to set up an account. the c/serv rep Shayla was outstanding! i bombarded her with a million questions over 2 or 3 calls and she was as patient as a saint. ultimately though, knowing that i had to send a copy of my DL for wd, i just couldn't pull the trigger.

IF I, as a bettor...
    -post cash upfront via **
    -use a passport for withdrawl via **
    -deal by phone with one and only one c/ser rep so they know it's me
    -impose my own restrictions on my account (such as all
    deps and wd's initiated by phone only.
    THEN WHY should i have to send personal information to a foreign country.

still recovering from identity theft, let me say that it ia a very big deal to send a copy of your DL to an offshore book. not to mention other sensitive info a lot of these books are asking for.

the books need to be reminded that this is a prepaid cash upfront service.

that alone means we are already putting a lot of faith on them based only on word of mouth on sites that they buy advertising on.

who should be asking for the docs and security forms?

bj's got a great reputation, and shayla was great, but i've got to protect myself too.

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck every placing a bet offshore with this stance.

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Quote Originally Posted by scott235 View Post
    i recently called betjam to set up an account. the c/serv rep Shayla was outstanding! i bombarded her with a million questions over 2 or 3 calls and she was as patient as a saint. ultimately though, knowing that i had to send a copy of my DL for wd, i just couldn't pull the trigger. IF I, as a bettor... -post cash upfront via ** -use a passport for withdrawl via ** -deal by phone with one and only one c/ser rep so they know it's me -impose my own restrictions on my account (such as all deps and wd's initiated by phone only. THEN WHY should i have to send personal information to a foreign country. still recovering from identity theft, let me say that it ia a very big deal to send a copy of your DL to an offshore book. not to mention other sensitive info a lot of these books are asking for. the books need to be reminded that this is a prepaid cash upfront service. that alone means we are already putting a lot of faith on them based only on word of mouth on sites that they buy advertising on. who should be asking for the docs and security forms? bj's got a great reputation, and shayla was great, but i've got to protect myself too.
    you are gonna have to go to Nevada

Collegepays
    Collegepays's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's a way to deposit from the US and withdrawal without having to give your ID or info. PM me

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10539

In 5 years and many withdrawals with Jam,never been asked for ID,guess this a new thing.Just did a check withdrawal with Phoenix,same thing ,never got asked for ID.If they did ask for a DL,I'd give it to them,but that is all.

scott235

do you know what a good hack can do with just a DL# coupled with your birth date? let us not forget that a lot of these books are in countries like guatacostanicafukinrico, countries known as havens for criminals, weak extradition laws, and no questions asked banking.

come to think of it, isn't that why a lot of books set up shop there anyway?

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you know how thieves operate?

They pay someone on the inside a substantial amount of money and get everything they need. Don't even need to bother with going overseas. Just take a one day shopping spread and then fence the goods.

scott235

that's great mbenz. i would even let them see my betting history from the books i'm currently in. hell, i'm just not that good! i just don't want to go through i.d. theft again. it's just not worth it for a rec player.

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Collegepays View Post
    There's a way to deposit from the US and withdrawal without having to give your ID or info. PM me
    ya its called "bookmaker.com"

Ive taken NUMEROUS payouts and NEVER had to send ID once

always using ** or **

betjm is full of shit

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 55 View Post
    Good luck every placing a bet offshore with this stance.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10539

do you know what a good hack can do with just a DL# coupled with your birth date? let us not forget that a lot of these books are in countries like guatacostanicafukinrico, countries known as havens for criminals, weak extradition laws, and no questions asked banking.

Well for 5 years they know my name and where I live so don't you think they could do something with that?All I am saying is Jam is a ok,never had a problem and Shayla is the best they have.

scott235

yes thremp, unfortunately i learned the hard way, and you make a good point. all that it takes is 1 UNSCRUPULOUS EMPLOYEE from one of these books, and it doesn't matter how good their computer security is. sell thousands of clients info to data thieves in the U.S. for a mad stack of money, and stick it in a bank in panama. EXTREMELY HARD TO CATCH, esp since they are not using the data but just selling it.

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't trust betjam as far as I could throw them. They have/had a promo for 1st time deposits like $150 for a $150 bonus. I was low on cash and already had an account w/ Betjam. I opened an account under my friends name. It was a unique name. I created a yahoo e-mail address using my friends name. The only time I ever gave this e-mail address was to Betjam. That same day or a day later the e-mail address was bombarded with spam mostly pertaining to fake watches.

I didn't even sign up online. I signed up over the phone.

investor
    Chicks jumpin my whip like a moshpit
    investor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bluefish View Post
    I don't trust betjam as far as I could throw them. They have/had a promo for 1st time deposits like $150 for a $150 bonus. I was low on cash and already had an account w/ Betjam. I opened an account under my friends name. It was a unique name. I created a yahoo e-mail address using my friends name. The only time I ever gave this e-mail address was to Betjam. That same day or a day later the e-mail address was bombarded with spam mostly pertaining to fake watches.

That's pretty funny.

Weird though... I use betjam and i haven't had that problem. I only signed up with them because i got a free $50 credit to my acct through betpoints. I already hit my rollover and now i'm just playing with free money. When the superbowl is over, ill cash out. HOpefully i won't have to go through some of these problems like what you guys are mentioning.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm guessing you've never left the USA.

MaInIsLe
    MaInIsLe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Check you credit reports, you get a free one annually.

wisky
    wisky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

oh how the USA clients miss Neteller !

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Then your options is pretty simple. Stay away from BetJam! Maybe you'll find a crap book that doesn't have that requirement, and you'll be lucky enough to get paid in 30 days.

scott235

if the books are so concerned about multiple accounts , proxy betting and big winners, -tracking betting patterns and isp's is a more thorough way to catch blacklisted players anyway.

morocca
    morocca's Avatar Become A Pro!

local bookie cures all

SKiLLsSoLoN
    Glad to have baseball back!
    SKiLLsSoLoN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1410

BetJM

~~~

bad_ass
    bad_ass's Avatar Become A Pro!

if they will not ask for any document for verification, fraud is at high risk.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I had another book ask for a dl for id and I just scanned it and theb blacked out the dl# and birth date, it was accepted with no problems that way.

later

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I would trust Betjam, no worries there have been with them for years

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Identity thieves will get your info if you never use an online book. Employees from BkofAma can sell information just as easily.

You need to get a credit alert thing for 10 bucks a month. It alerts you every time something happens in one of your credit reports.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    Identity thieves will get your info if you never use an online book. Employees from BkofAma can sell information just as easily.

You need to get a credit alert thing for 10 bucks a month. It alerts you every time something happens in one of your credit reports.
    Another thing, do you know how many lists your social security number is on and how many times it is sold to companies you have never heard of, domestic and foreign? All it takes is opening a checking account or getting a credit card. You have to take a pro active stance here.

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

yea been with them for 4yrs they asked for dl in nov so i fax it over and got my payout.i guess fraud is at all time high so i guess they are protecting themselves

siabdo23
    siabdo23's Avatar Become A Pro!

u can never be 100% fraud free....just hope nothing ever happens

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20709

its not like locals are illegal or anything

Collegepays

If you use the right kind of **** gift card you don't ever have to go through authorization. Those cards are mostly for small bets though.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by Collegepays View Post
    If you use the right kind of **** gift card you don't ever have to go through authorization. Those cards are mostly for small bets though.

I asked via Live chat if they still had pre-paid cash cards for withdrawl. CS said they no longer have them, is this correct?

scott235

re: badass

you can put your own voluntary restrictions on your account,such as phone initiated withdrawls and deps only. you may even want to add extra password protection. it also doesn't hurt to call them at least once a month and deal with one good rep so they get to know you.

scott235

re: capitalist pig

good idea, and that i would consider. i hope you covered up the backside upc type thing too. since i think those can be scanned off of a copy and will reveal the info you crossed out.

Collegepays

I got the specifics, PM me and I'll try to remember to login here instead of just browsing

JerseyShop101
    JerseyShop101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bluefish View Post
    I don't trust betjam as far as I could throw them. They have/had a promo for 1st time deposits like $150 for a $150 bonus. I was low on cash and already had an account w/ Betjam. I opened an account under my friends name. It was a unique name. I created a yahoo e-mail address using my friends nam day e. The only time I ever gave this e-mail address was to Betjam. That sameor a day later the e-mail address was bombarded with spam mostly pertaining to fake watches.
    Most yahoo email accounts get spammed. I have one I never ever given out or used to send an email and it get tons of spam also. Unrealistic to think Betjamaica is spamming account holders to buy fake watches.

12 Last