skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home
    skyscrapers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33888

Suspicious Betting Patterns

What exactly constitutes a 'suspicious betting pattern'?

I just got an email from Bodog that they have decided to close my account after careful deliberation and investigation. I used Bodog since before 2010 if I recall correctly. I bet on a mixture of sports everyday: sides, totals, ML, props, parlays. My bets range from $10 to $450. Sometimes I bet early sometimes I bet just right before gametime. Sometimes I do chase my losses. I did make two withdrawals the last two months.

Anyone have issues similar to this before with Bodog?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Exactly what does suspicious betting patterns mean

Betting early getting the right line .steam chasing or just getting on the right side of fixed matches maybe they see your action as always on the right side and just there way of saying we don't want your action

It makes me mad saying that certain accounts are closed because you're always on the correct side what about all those other players who lose and take the worst line the book don't say we're booting you because you're crap

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I think you answered your own question perhaps, made two withdrawals. Are you a winning player and do you win alot? If so perhaps they gave you some bs excuse and decided to not do business any longer.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Congratulations, time to find another book.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

If they don't give you rock solid evidence "suspicious betting patterns" means your betting takes money from the house instead of losing too often.

ime B is very quick to limit max bets rather than kick you so idk, sounds like theres more to the story. Are they that scared of you with your $10 limit?

Vampiro
    Vampiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

"Suspicious Betting Patterns" will be anything the boys in risk management want it to be.

A good video would be someone here calling one of these shops and asking about how we players can avoid being "Suspicious"

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

You made em say uncle, they don't wan't your bets anymore guy

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

I'm not a big-time bettor by any means. Like I said my bets range from just $10 to $450 on occasions. I never bet the wagering limit so to avoid getting booted. My account has about 10k right now. Made a 1.5k withdrawal in Feb and a 1k withdrawal in March. The past year has been my most successful in terms of profit with Bodog so I guess they are shaking in the pants over 2.5k of withdrawals.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

If it really is something suspicious I would say your huge swing in bet sizes.Try doing that at a black jack table and a pit boss would stand over your shoulder.

combination lock
    combination lock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

A little over 2k and you get the boot... WOW

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    If it really is something suspicious I would say your huge swing in bet sizes.Try doing that at a black jack table and a pit boss would stand over your shoulder.
    Not a bad point, but books likely welcome that kinda of erratic risk taking. I think there's more to this story from the books side.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by skyscrapers View Post
    I'm not a big-time bettor by any means. Like I said my bets range from just $10 to $450 on occasions. I never bet the wagering limit so to avoid getting booted. My account has about 10k right now. Made a 1.5k withdrawal in Feb and a 1k withdrawal in March. The past year has been my most successful in terms of profit with Bodog so I guess they are shaking in the pants over 2.5k of withdrawals.
    It will be about how you won more than how much you win or withdraw.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

OK now they sent another email stating that they will adjust my wagering limits which may vary from market to market. Basically I can just bet for peanuts from now on.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

It might be because you doodle on the betting slip