pedro565
    pedro565's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

REDBET - stay away - steals money by voiding bets

I had bet on Bayern Munich - Hamburg at half-time, €150 on '7 goals or more' at odds 8.2, score 3-0. Second minute into the second half Bayern scored again and they immediately cancelled my bet AFTER the goal.

I contacted live chat immediately and here is an excerpt:
    16:44 Support Astrid: The ods where to high and they where cancelled as soon as they got in.

16:57 Support Astrid: It was 4-0 to Bayern Munchen when the bet was cancelled
    16:57 ******: Indeed, and it was 3-0 when i placed it
    16:57 ******: Can you see where this is going?
    16:58 Support Astrid: No since the bet was not valid.

I had a similar situation a few months ago with HeyPoker, which seems to be part of Redbet Group, same company.
    At that time i made multiple bets on a South African match, Under 0.5 1st half but what a coincidence, this time they reacted 30 minutes later, at half time when my bet already won, claiming "odds were wrong". I made a complaint to SBR back then but it remained unsolved as they don't care about european books and have no interest in helping players.

So beware of these ruthless crooks, their strategy is WINNING BET = VOID, LOSING BET = GRADE.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by pedro565 View Post
    So beware of these ruthless crooks, their strategy is WINNING BET = VOID, LOSING BET = GRADE.
    You just said they cancelled it soon after you placed it.... well before it was a winner.

How is that "WINNING BET = VOID"??

pedro565

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You just said they cancelled it soon after you placed it.... well before it was a winner.
    Not that well actually, a goal at that time doubles, at least, the chances of winning. They are gaining a huge edge with moves like these.
    As for the older bet it was pure theft voided 100% after it won.

Optional

It's frustrating having bets voided. But honestly, this particular case sounds like the book acted within terms. (without knowing what the 'correct' odds really should have been for Over 6.5)

Chances are the 4th goal caused them to re-assess the overs markets and it was then they noticed the Ov6.5 was a bad line. Not that the goal caused them to cancel potential winners.

I could be wrong of course. But from the timing and previous experience dealing with live bet cancels it's most logical that what i said is correct.

pedro565

No live bets voiding is acceptable, it's the easiest way for bookies to freeroll on the customer's money. Do you really think they would ever void the opposite line?
    The only "acceptable" way is the way big european bookies do it: wait for the outcome of the bet and re-grade it at the "correct" odds. Everything else is just possible freerolling, impossible to prove.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by pedro565 View Post
    No live bets voiding is acceptable, it's the easiest way for bookies to freeroll on the customer's money. Do you really think they would ever void the opposite line?
    The only "acceptable" way is the way big european bookies do it: wait for the outcome of the bet and re-grade it at the "correct" odds. Everything else is just possible freerolling, impossible to prove.
    Of course they need to void both sides to be fair. But I think choosing to do it well before the outcome is known is just as acceptable as re-grading at correct odds after the outcome.