cmdyrds
    cmdyrds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6868

need to buy 3 points for the nba

i've read through about 9 pages of posts. looking for more updated info. anyway need to be able to buy 3 point on the nba for -170 or better. i know of the following but looking for at least 5 more. thanks.

bet us
    bet jamaica
    wager street

betyuda
    betyuda's Avatar Become A Pro!

honestly., being able to buy points at that rate is a dying breed. but my guess is your using the JM system. I would not always follow it cmdyrds. eventually it will cost you severely because it is simply a chase system. sure you can go to the greek or bet phoneix, but you ll get odds worse that -200 usually. thats about it. keep in mind if you abuse it at BetJamaica they will ban you from buying 3 points. my recommendation, learn how to handicap and win apporpriately using better odds in the nba rather than using the scam man JM

cmdyrds

anyone else want have any advice?

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Don't use JM, please.

cmdyrds

why?

crinkle
    crinkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1890

buying three points in the NBA is pretty damn stupid. why on earth is that a good way to play those games? -170. Way too hard to win at those prices.

poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    Don't use JM, please.

cmdyrds

Quote Originally Posted by crinkle View Post
    buying three points in the NBA is pretty damn stupid. why on earth is that a good way to play those games? -170. Way too hard to win at those prices.
    absolutely not true.

crinkle
    crinkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1890

how many people you know make money laying -170? I'm talking making money on all the times you lay -170? Almost impossible to beat the house laying that price. If you hit 63% of your bets at that price you don't make a red cent. 63-37 = not profit. You have to win 67% of the time to make a lousy $900. (that's based on every bet laying $170 to make $100. So if you're a so called genius and you pull this off you're still not making much unless your wagering a ton of money. Trust me the house loves taking these bets and that's why they offer them.

cmdyrds

Quote Originally Posted by crinkle View Post
    how many people you know make money laying -170? I'm talking making money on all the times you lay -170? Almost impossible to beat the house laying that price. If you hit 63% of your bets at that price you don't make a red cent. 63-37 = not profit. You have to win 67% of the time to make a lousy $900. (that's based on every bet laying $170 to make $100. So if you're a so called genius and you pull this off you're still not making much unless your wagering a ton of money. Trust me the house loves taking these bets and that's why they offer them.
    yes they love taking these bets that's why you can't find more than a couple of online books that will offer these odds. you figure it out. if it wasn't profitable more books would offer it, no?

jdogdee
    jdogdee's Avatar Become A Pro!

cmdyrds, I use JM at linesmaker... they are down, but hailmary.com is up. I have used it ever since 2/09. Got three payouts, 1 by check and 2 by wire in US. Nice book. Lines are usually up the day before, but that option screwed me in the DET series. Lost most of my profit. But, again, up a very nice chunk of change using NBA v1 and v2 and NFL this Fall. I used Betjam and they took my point buying away when I took them for 20 units straight on the system. Hope this helps.

cmdyrds

much appreciated.

betyuda
    betyuda's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not suggesting not to completely abandon the JM system. However, I what I am implying is that figuring out a away to win about 60% of your bets with a 1/2 point buy will increase your win by more than just the JM system.the fact is buying at -170 or over that doesn t make sense over the long haul unless you have a ridiculously high bankroll. Also the JM system is simply based on statistical facts so it eventually will crash in which you lose a lot of money. that is a guarantee

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by betyuda View Post
    I am not suggesting not to completely abandon the JM system. However, I what I am implying is that figuring out a away to win about 60% of your bets with a 1/2 point buy will increase your win by more than just the JM system.the fact is buying at -170 or over that doesn t make sense over the long haul unless you have a ridiculously high bankroll. Also the JM system is simply based on statistical facts so it eventually will crash in which you lose a lot of money. that is a guarantee
    Well said