yobinad
    yobinad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betfair errors

What happened to me. I made a bet at BetFair few days ago. The home team appears as away team, due to this i made a bet against the mavericks and not against the suns, after that i made a bet on the mavs to avoid the risk of loose, but in the end of the game i see that the second bet was made on the Suns and not on the Mavs, because of Betfair errors i lose the two bets. Their service was awfull that day.
    When i talk with them by phone they said that they had some problems that night but in my case nothing was wrong. I sent them the printscreen with the teams on the wrong places, but they don't refunded my bet.
    This is a warning to all of you. Attention to the bets you make at Betfair.

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can you clarify what you mean by " The home team appears as away team"?
    Is it just the case that the home team were at the top, or were the odds were also transposed?

siabdo23
    siabdo23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Needs verify bets before confirming action

yobinad

But when i verify the bet i saw Mavs, and in the end of the game i loose the money, and when i went to see my bets the bet was made on suns.
    I just think that when they make mistakes like this they should refund the players.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

in nba betfair always lists the away team first, and the home team second. if that wasn't the case, bf should have voided the market but i very much doubt whether this really happened as these kind of errors are usually corrected very fast.

btw, the fact you made that second hedge bet to get out of your first bet, but backed (again!) the wrong team is hardly betfair's fault, is it? if you've got actual proof (screenshots) you were shown one team in your screen, and in fact backing another it's a different story, but there would have been more complaints had that happened..

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Can't comment on your situation Yobinad, but I can only add that I made multiple wagers on the same match, over a dozen in fact backing and laying both teams when profitable situations arose. I didn't notice anything wrong at all and from my end it was business as usual.

yobinad

But the teams side in that game were wrong. Right Stumpage?

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

I'll see if I can gather anything by looking back at my wagers yobinad, but if they were I didn't notice. I'm not in the least saying you are wrong, but my wagers were being placed fast and furious so I didn't even notice. That plus the fact I was tracking other events as well.

All seemed normal to me, but as I stated I was quite distracted with other things going on, putting the kids to bed, then trying to polish off a few Carlsbergs, etc.....

Stifter
    Stifter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betfair is using "Charlotte Bobcats @ Chicago Bulls", so the home team is behind the @. Could get nasty if you're not used to it, but it's your own fault to be honest and certainly not a reason for a refund in my opinion.

yobinad

But errors like that makes the customers to lose sometimes.
    In my opinion they should have more concentration when they put the lines. And they should be the responsables when the customers lose. So they should refund the customers in cases like that.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

But it does not sound like Betfair made any errors on this match.

Like Stumpage, I also made a few bets on this game, and I dont recall any problems.

Listing the away team first, is normal procedure.

twister
    twister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yobinad View Post
    But errors like that makes the customers to lose sometimes. In my opinion they should have more concentration when they put the lines. And they should be the responsables when the customers lose. So they should refund the customers in cases like that.
    Firstly, I don't recall any errors on that game.

Secondly, are you completely oblivious to the hypocrisy in stating that Betfair should have had more concentration? How about YOU should have had more concentration when you placed your bets. Take responsibility for your own mistake, and walk away with a lesson learned.

yobinad

No, i'm a customer i only demand the best service from them. And i have a printscreen of their error.
    I learned a lesson, that i never bet again when they make this errors.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Why don't you post the printscreen so the rest of us have some idea what mistake you think was made.

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whether they have put the two teams the wrong way round on their system or not,it is your responsibility to check that you you have backed the team you want to back and for the amount of money you want before you click on place bet.

Your fault,no one else`s.......sorry.

OliverA
    OliverA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi

Today betfair made a huge mistake....

I made a bet on Aris vs PAOK game (volleyball). the game was on the fifth set and the result was 8-3 to Aris. Well...Aris gain a 14-8 advance and the game was suspended on betfair. they considered that Aris won the game (first image) but the game wasnt finished yet. They keep the market suspended until 10 min after the game was finished considering that Aris won the game...after that 10 min they opened the market but now they considered paoks win.

Result....100 euros lost.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-15-15 at 09:18 AM.

Dunder

Quote Originally Posted by OliverA View Post
    Hi

I made a bet on Aris vs PAOK game (volleyball). the game was on the fifth set and the result was 8-3 to Aris. Well...Aris gain a 14-8 advance and the game was suspended on betfair. they considered that Aris won the game (first image) but the game wasnt finished yet. They keep the market suspended until 10 min after the game was finished considering that Aris won the game...after that 10 min they opened the market but now they considered paoks win.

That is a tough break. It appears you bet EUR 100 at 1.06, did you plan to offset this if the game swung back towards PAOK?

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

you are betting on the same side..... the top team on back is the same as you bet on bottom team on lay.... that is the reason that you bet, both losses....

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Quote Originally Posted by OliverA View Post
    Hi

you have maded a big mistake, why you didnt place a bet on PAOK when is at 100-1... and then rebet on at 100-1 , you can assure a hugh payout on any outcome...
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-15-15 at 09:19 AM.

OliverA
    OliverA's Avatar Become A Pro!

You didnt understand the real problem....i made only one bet. 100 euros on Aris and when the result went to 14-8 (to Aris) betfair suspended the market giving the win to Aris....but the game continued. 14-9...14-14....16-18.

If the market was opened i would have made a greenbook (when the result was 14-11) or even assume a redbook if necessary. And i didnt bet on PAOK because the game was 14-8 (only one point to aris win the game) and i didnt expect that betfair would suspend the market before the end of the game.

The real problem here was...the consider that aris won the game and suspended the market (image 1) but 10 minutes after the game was finished they opened the market again but this time they gave the win to paok. But why did they give the win to Aris and close the market if the game wasnt over yet?? thats my problem

kind regards

noyb

they made a mistake obviously, but there can be a multitude of reasons why they suspend early. bottom line is these things happen and when you're trading you should always keep in mind you might not always be able to trade out at the moment you want too. if you lose money because of this it's just part of the game, and there's no need to complain as this is very clear upfront. if you don't want that risk, don't livebet.

Dunder

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    they made a mistake obviously, but there can be a multitude of reasons why they suspend early. bottom line is these things happen and when you're trading you should always keep in mind you might not always be able to trade out at the moment you want too. if you lose money because of this it's just part of the game, and there's no need to complain as this is very clear upfront. if you don't want that risk, don't livebet.
    You are right of course but this is nonetheless a mistake that should not happen. On events like this, Betfair make the disclaimer that the event will not be actively monitored whereas in this case it has been monitored too actively (assuming it was not a technical issue).

FWIW, I am not a great fan of the strategy Oliver A has employed, unless 1.06 represented truly outstanding value at the time the bet was made.

noyb

Quote Originally Posted by Dunder View Post
    FWIW, I am not a great fan of the strategy Oliver A has employed, unless 1.06 represented truly outstanding value at the time the bet was made.
    i'm not a great fan of any strategy, unless the odds represented truly outstanding value at the time the bet was made.

and i see your point about mistakes that should not happen, but mistakes/errors like this will always happen on bf, whether they should or they shouldn't. oliver could just as well have profited from this situation and would not have been posting here in that case. in the end they all even out, but somehow some people only remember the times they've lost because of something out of their control complaining endlessly, forgetting the times they won.