3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

American Moving: New Options?

I have a quick question...I know that a number of top books do not service the USA, same for Neteller.

I am possibly moving to another country for work, and was wondering if I will be in that country for 3-5 years, will that open up say Pinnacle and Neteller to me as options? Are these books not servicing someone based on their address or their citizenship?

Thanks

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

You should be fine to play anywhere allowed by that countries laws if you are a resident.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

If you have had an account previously at the book from a US address that might pose an hurdle. But they should just require proof of residency in that case anyway.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

They will require rigorous proof of residency (utility bill for starters), and you have to have an in-country bank account that will allow you to send and recieve wires (Netteller depends on if Neteller has an agreement with your bank, probably not)--and you're now required by law to report that account if it ever has a balance of more than $10,000 dollars in it (and most countries now have reciprocal agreements whereby they'll report it to IRS for you).

Foreign country residence will allow you to play at, for example, Pinnacle even with your U.S. passport, but be ready to jump through significant hoops.

And please let us know how it goes for you if you make the move and get set up.
    Last edited by bookie; 08-21-14 at 05:08 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

3 Keys

Non USA Utility Bill
    Non USA Drivers License
    Non USA Bank