MDSmith
    MDSmith's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

WARNING Cash Out Option @ Paddy Power (INCREASINGLY FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY)

I have had to put this thread on this forum in retrospect of the above bookmaker as they are becoming increasingly more fraudulent with their cash out feature and i am noticing it and experiancing it more and more frequently, a couple of months ago i stopped using them completely as they were becoming more and more unreliable and the crunch came when England played Equador, England were winning and scored in the second half i wanted to cash out as i didn't think we was playing well and thought the game would end in a draw when i backed them to win it would have been worth £100 to me but when i went to cash out the cash out option disappeared and i was never ever offered an option to cash out despite it being clearly advertised as a cash out match low and behold Equador equalised late in the 2nd half and the match ended in a draw and i lost on the bet.

On speaking to the company they said it was a technical error but i am now noticing it more and more over the weekend i backed Chelsea to lose and for the last 25 mins of the match a padlock appeared by the cash out option and no amount of money was offered to me at the critical part of the match Chelsea only needed to score and i bet you any money they would have reactivated the cash out balance and they would have offered me a ridiculous amount of money as they would only needed to score to equalize nevertheless i won the bet but again i could so easily have got done again !!

The Cash Out option on the IPL 20/20 cricket matches was also ludicrous with the option again not being available and being put on suspension at critical points in the game and this is at the hope that your bet loses which again happened to me a couple of times.

Betfair and Paddy Power in particular in the UK go to great lengths to advertise this feature and they make it out as though they are doing the punter a favour but believe you me i have now found out that it is anything but ? i even had a situation where i backed a tennis player and she was a set and 2-0 up and i got offered £5.60 more than my initial stake of £40 yet when she actually lost her serve and it went to 3-3 because she wasn't the favourite in the match the cash out option offered me less than my stake despite her still being 1 set up and this has been one of countless bets where this sort of activity is happening and Paddy power seem to be the worse by a long shot where sometimes they don't even give you the option of cashing out and it is always at critical points when the bet could go either way.

Very very disappointing and disgusting tactics being increasingly used by Paddy Power and Betfair you are either offering the feature or you are not and if you are going to offer it at all a realistic offer is the least the punter can expect because at the moment the punter is in a no-win position and when you speak to them they come up with all the excuses in the book for eg in the Snooker Aussie open they said that the Tv coverage was down that is the reason why it was being put on suspension but what they really mean is that we are trying to screw the most amount of money out of the punter as humanly possible and it is way out of order !!

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

alot to digest there,

alot of books offer the cash out feature now espically here in the uk , as for your tennis bet of course you were offered less when she was no longer the favourite i bet on betfair all the time and agree the cash out feature isnt always offered its best to use some of the software out on the market (the geeks toy, betangel)where you can cash out instantly for genrally a better price than what it says on the website.

superhans
    superhans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Cashout only benefits the bookie.

If you want to 'cash out' lay your selection on betfair exchange

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Not offering a bet is not even remotely "fraudulent". Jesus.

MDSmith

[QUOTE=HeeeHAWWWW;22379889]Not offering a bet is not even remotely "fraudulent". Jesus.[/QUOTE

Surely you must know that if a business advertises something on the TV or sends you through some marketing in the post or you receive an e-mail or whatever it may be and then you take up the offer and they pull the plug on it for no reason that is called false advertisement and is an illegal practice and it is fraud, let me repeat it was a cash out match and was clearly advertised in their betting market as so and all through the match amounts were being offered to me but the last 25 mins of the match again the critical part of the match they put a padlock against it which stopped me from cashing out that is FRAUD if i would have lost which luckily i didn't but have done previously they would have taken money from me under false pretenses !!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Do you have a copy of any of these advertisements that promise cashout is available at all times during match play?

MDSmith

I didn't get any leaflets through it is advertised almost hourly especially when the racing is on live on ch4 in the UK and mainly Betfair plus i get loads of e-mails.

Betfair are no where near as bad as Paddy power but PP blatantly suspend the Cash Out continuously sometimes for 10+ mins and it always seems to be when your bet could go either way and it has happened to me plenty of times when in fact i should have been able to cash out meaning i would have won money but time and time again it isn't offered and i think their staff know what is going on as they have an endless list of excuses.

England v Equador i backed England to win and we were 2-1 up it was a cash out match as they advertised in their betting i went to cash out and it wasn't offered it would have been worth about £100 ? Equador then scored and that is how the match ended and therefore losing £100 it is just so under hand tactics it is untrue and damn right deceitful punters are just being conned on a daily basis and it has got to the stage where i don't trust Paddy Power at all, how can you offer cash out the whole match and then 25 mins from the end cancel it it is completely out of order you are either doing cash out or your not

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I get your frustration. It does sound like they manage it tightly.

But I'd be very surprised if they put out adverts that really are fraudulent. Too many lawyers involved.

There are a lot of PP ads on Youtube if you want to try and find one of the cash out ones: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=paddy+power

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Cash Out is just a gimmick to further take $ off mug players.

If you want/need to get out of a bet I'd say you'll always do better making the play on an exchange.

superhans
    superhans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by MDSmith View Post
    damn right deceitful punters are just being conned on a daily basis
    Welcome to betting.

Check out the SP and the exchange prices if you really want to see a con

Also, backing 2-2 and 2-3 would have been better value too if you didnt fancy England to win...
    Last edited by superhans; 08-08-14 at 04:43 PM.