zstevens
    zstevens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

Check cashing services

Anyone use a check cashing service for cashing an online check? If so, how was your experience? What kind of check did they consider it i.e. payroll, personal, third party etc? What information did you have to give, what forms did you have to fill out. Did they interrogate you?

Thanks

king
    king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

You only have to show id not paper work to fill out. They will tax you also on the check. So if you got a 900 check they won't pay 900 they will pay what ever the state tax is. They then take a picture of you from their web cam. I gave them affiliate checks, but I have seen people also give payroll checks.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

i'm sure they charge a hefty fee

just go to the bank.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

they charge atleast 2.9 per cent , it is ok once in a while , but it is better do get just a basic checking account which are usually around 4 dollars a month

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by zstevens View Post
    Anyone use a check cashing service for cashing an online check? If so, how was your experience? What kind of check did they consider it i.e. payroll, personal, third party etc? What information did you have to give, what forms did you have to fill out. Did they interrogate you?

Thanks
    In my experience in the past week I needed to fill out a simple form the first time. This included my address and 2 references which was just a name and phone number. He called the two reference numbers just to make sure the lines worked he didn't speak to anyone however. I showed ID was charged 2.9% fee and paid in cash. No interrogation at all they just want to have their back covered in the event of a bounced check. The whole process took about 20-25 minutes total. The form takes a couple minutes. Anytime you go back to that place all you need is ID and it is much faster to process. They do take a web cam picture which was kinda strange, but all for security reasons I guess.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

It's something I've only tried once before using MoneyMart. My check was rejected, which was very odd considering it came from The Greek which needless to say is not some fly by night organization. That put me off the entire process, but it's something I will probably have to try again in the near future.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

If you dont need the cash right away just put it in the bank and let it clear in 2-3 weeks.

wisky
    wisky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Never had a problem cashing them for under 1k they rin it through there machine and cash is in hand !