expertssm
    expertssm's Avatar Become A Pro!

William Hill suspended my account and blocked all my money

Because...

I write to inform you that your William Hill account is currently suspended and your funds temporarily retained following bet(s) which were placed on the Football match between CS Rapid cfr Seceava V Unirea Tarlungeni, as this match is now under investigation by the relevant sporting body due to suspicious play and betting activity.

Whilst I appreciate you may feel frustrated with this matter, our actions have been undertaken in strict accordance with the terms and conditions you agreed to upon registration

I bet on live market, over 5.5 @ 1.4 100 euro . ( at 3-2 , min 70. final score was 4-2)

I have placed many bets with will hill so far.

After the game ended, they gave me the winnings, 140 euro. 15 minutes after, they took the winnings back saying the match is investigated. And 2 days later they suspended my account.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately there is no further update. The matter has been reported to the various authorities concerned however until we hear back from them we will not be in a position to offer any refund of the monies or update your account status.

Regrettably these investigations do take some time and we have no influence as to how quickly they are resolved and in the meantime we are not updated as to progress. Whilst this may be difficult for the customer to deal with and to accept unfortunately there is no way we are able to release funds in such cases until we are informed that any investigation is complete and no suspicious betting was undertaken.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to email us. Alternatively, you may contact us through our Live Chat facility and we would be more than happy to discuss any issues or concerns that you have with our products and services.

To block all funds for a 100 euro bet at 1.4 odd is terrible act.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ruies are rules

barkus
    barkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2362

So they are concerned about match fixing and suspended your account over you profiting 40 euro on it?

Perhaps everyone that bet that side has had their accounts suspended until they figure it out. Seems like a bad way to handle it to say the least.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Euro books pretty much have a blanket policy to freeze an account if suspected of betting on a fixed match these days ...

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

its bullshit, very unlikely they will put any losses on this match "on hold" (people who bet unders..)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ParlayininHTown

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Another book I will never use....thanks for the info. Keep us posted on what happens.

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ruies are rules
    What an idiotic claim, you are pathetic.
    Maybe I should follow a rule that allows me to give you a punch in the face, rules are rules after all, isn't it?
    Points Awarded:

Courtesywipe gave dontknowhowtobet 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Ruies are rules
    I remember when Justin7 used to get worked up about stuff like this and now we get this nonsense.

SBR has jumped the shark.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    I remember when Justin7 used to get worked up about stuff like this and now we get this nonsense.

SBR has jumped the shark.
    Justin was a good guy and he probably left for these reasons.
    SBR is full of morons now.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Justin was a manipulator of books

Had multiple accounts at books

Bonus whore never to be trusted

If match fixing is a rule there is no shock

Frustrating of course but what are you going to do??

SBR cannot change the rules of a book

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Justin was a manipulator of books

Had multiple accounts at books

Bonus whore never to be trusted
    JJ I always knew you were a really dumb degenerate... but talking negatively about bonus whoring? Really? If you don't take advantage of bonuses and have multiple different books then you're doing it wrong. You can line shop and use bonuses to offset juice and transaction fees. Taking advantage of bonuses is one of the highest EV plays an advantage gambler can make. But you're just a degenerate

cmatuna
    cmatuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

If I was running a site I'd do exactlly the same thing. We all would. Those small league soccer team matches are heavily fixed. Soccer is a very corrupt sport. They are paying off refs 400k in some games its very serious. If there was suspicious play and betting and under rules I can protect myself from it im going too. Tough luck bro.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by cmatuna View Post
    If I was running a site I'd do exactlly the same thing. We all would. Those small league soccer team matches are heavily fixed. Soccer is a very corrupt sport. They are paying off refs 400k in some games its very serious. If there was suspicious play and betting and under rules I can protect myself from it im going too. Tough luck bro.
    Do you have a problem reading?
    He said:

Quote Originally Posted by expertssm View Post
    I bet on live market, over 5.5 @ 1.4 100 euro . ( at 3-2 , min 70. final score was 4-2)
    You realize this is a genuine bet?
    Whether someone tried to fix it or not, the guy just wanted to have a go like most bettors do ... the odds were in his favour and the game had lots of goals scored so far, which make sense to take the over and for very low odds ...

Why hold him accountable here?
    The easiest thing is to take his money and "investigate", this is not how a bookmaker should operate.

cmatuna

Because the match was probably fixed? Suspicious play and suspicious betting...not just his 100 dollars but people are betting thousands. Books have to protect themselves from this soccer bs.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by cmatuna View Post
    Because the match was probably fixed? Suspicious play and suspicious betting...not just his 100 dollars but people are betting thousands. Books have to protect themselves from this soccer bs.
    Bookmakers have enough protection when they take funds from people.
    William Hill is not in troubles, don't worry about them.

This guy had a genuine bet and got screwed.
    This is NOT OK, period.

cmatuna

It's going downhill I think though...Seem to see a lot more stories out there about it and I heard term there is a group in signapore that has a lot of the soccer refs in their pocket.

I don't know what happened in the play during the game and how much was laid down. Obviously its significant enough to shut it down but a live bet like that...hmm. I don't know, but im sure they have it in their bs rules.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

outrageous

expertssm
    expertssm's Avatar Become A Pro!

No update.

I sent the complain to SBR but no response from them, not even a sign that they will haddle it. Anyone has any idea what else I can do here?

Thanks

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

Before William hill was the best bookmaker but since last year they are no more friendly.

ChewFu
    ChewFu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

You could go to IBAS for a decision:

http://www.ibas-uk.com/adjudicationForm.php

Do you know if the match is still under investigation (or whether it ever was)?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

Refund the initial bet if they feel it's fraudulent. No reason not to other than to scam the op.

baller06
    baller06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

baller06
    baller06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Jokers...

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Wow what a terrible, lack of common sense, decision to suspend your account. They could have easily just frozen the match in question and correlating money regarding that bet. Why would they hurt their potential future business by freezing all funds?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

I bet a lot of soccer yesterday with bookmaker but this game for some reason was off the board. Maybe they knew ahead of time?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Oh nevermind, just realized this is an older post.

carry on.