stellavu
    stellavu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

matchbook

Is anyone having problems logging on?

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had problems accessing the site. Cleared cookies and it works now.

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

on live betting they match bets on liability instead of stake like betfair?? I layed 10@3.00 matched 10.47@2.91

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by virtozo View Post
    on live betting they match bets on liability instead of stake like betfair?? I layed 10@3.00 matched 10.47@2.91
    You have the option to enter either Stake (risk) or Profit.

What you also need to bear in mind if you've set currency as decimal is that the odds aren't necessarily precise as all bets are layed in US format regardless.

I'd suspect that your 3.00 (+200) odds had in fact moved to 2.90 (+190) and you didn't spot that on the betslip?

What I've also noted at Matchbook is that your full stake gets booked at the odds you enter rather than (as at Betfair) you get some part of it at better odds if it is available. For example, at Betfair, if I am prepared to bet at 3.00 but there are a few dollars available at 3.05 I get them first before the balance is matched at 3.00. Not so at Matchbook.

virtozo

on live tennis odds are moving fast sometimes...i must look for that option to match stake not liability. thanks.

just can't find it...matchbook really needs more work to get their site right.
    Last edited by virtozo; 05-13-14 at 03:15 AM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by virtozo View Post
    on live tennis odds are moving fast sometimes...i must look for that option to match stake not liability. thanks.

just can't find it...matchbook really needs more work to get their site right.
    You're right there are definitely problems which they need to sort out as I've been saying for several months but frankly I'm having trouble seeing an issue in regard to your posts.

When you click on a bet you are offered a bet slip which gives you two options: Stake$ and Profit$

Enter what you are prepared to risk in the Stake$ box or what you want to win in the Profit$ box.

It really can't be much simpler than that?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Matchbook really is not a live betting site like betfair

Matchbook better pre game right now

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Matchbook really is not a live betting site like betfair

Matchbook better pre game right now
    It's ok if you want to place ONE bet in play if you think there is value, but definitely not a choice for trading.

virtozo

i only use stake box and it was matched by liability on tennis live...maybe it is not working.

as jj said i'll just stay away from live betting at matchbox for now.