dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

wager canceled at 5dimes HELP

5dimes canceled my wager on Webb Simpson over Brandt Snedeker 1st round. In this tournament they play at multiple sites which is factored into the line everywhere. 5dimes stated their decision was final because it says players must play on same course. It cost me $500.

Any thoughts

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Any single round matchup, where it is determined golfers are playing on different courses for that round, will be graded no action. This is from rules for golf from 5D website. Looks like you have no case. Then again you say it was factored into the line. Who knows?

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

the line could be widely found. I understand if they were playing at different courses in separate tournaments but EVERYONE knew this is how they run this tournament and it was on the golf channel all week.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Quote Originally Posted by dlweaver View Post
    the line could be widely found. I understand if they were playing at different courses in separate tournaments but EVERYONE knew this is how they run this tournament and it was on the golf channel all week.
    Get your drift. Sounds like 5D should have never offered a line on this tournament. But they seem to be tight on rules so I would think you are SOL.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

Can anyone help see if there was a line on this at other sites? I got -155 for Simpson at 5dimes

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

If the wager was cancelled and you were advised before the start of play you are almost certainly out of luck but they should never have posted the bet in the first place. I think at least you are entitled to expect some compensation.

If it was cancelled after either player teed off I believe you have an excellent reason to dispute their action.

Raiderguy101
    Raiderguy101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21662

I bet 5D kept all the Brandt Snedeker bets and collected.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I had mine cancelled as well with Bud Cauley over Morgan Hoffman.

The tournament bets are valid, single rounds matchups with different courses are no bet. And yes they voided even the losing sides as confirmed by others.

I was pissed at first too, then took a look at the rules and saw I had no valid complaint whatsoever.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    I had mine cancelled as well with Bud Cauley over Morgan Hoffman.

The tournament bets are valid, single rounds matchups with different courses are no bet. And yes they voided even the losing sides as confirmed by others.

I was pissed at first too, then took a look at the rules and saw I had no valid complaint whatsoever.
    But when did they void the bets? Before or after the players teed off?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Change of venue rules are usually pretty clear. I'd be interested to hear about bets placed before the change that stood.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    But when did they void the bets? Before or after the players teed off?
    After they teed off.

But it's clearly stated in the rules:

Any single round matchup, where it is determined golfers are playing on different courses for that round, will be graded no action

If they give no action both ways, which they did, there's nothing we can complain about.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    After they teed off.

But it's clearly stated in the rules:

Any single round matchup, where it is determined golfers are playing on different courses for that round, will be graded no action

If they give no action both ways, which they did, there's nothing we can complain about.
    I disagree.
    Unless the schedule was changed so that the players were on different courses, 5D erred in offering the match bets and should honour them. If they waited until play was underway to void the bets they aren't playing fair.
    Had they advised you in advance that the bets were void, you'd have had the opportunity to place your bets on those matches elsewhere. They denied you that opportunity.

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Agreed should have been voided before tee off or not offered at all but again its Tony so best of luck with any complaints

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Change of venue rules are usually pretty clear. I'd be interested to hear about bets placed before the change that stood.
    It's not a change of venue, Bill. It's how this particular tournament (as well as two others) are formatted. It's been that format for years.