Steeve
    Steeve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Banned from Betpoints?

I logged into my Bookmaker account yesterday morning, and I could not see my betpoints any more. I asked an online rep, and they told me I had been banned from betpoints at management's discretion.

I called in and spoke to a supervisor, and he said that I was banned from betpoints because I had won over $20k, so I was not a recreational player. I shouldn't need any more help from them through the betpoints.

Sounds to me like they are being bad sports. I win too much, so they take away my loyalty rewards? Is that supposed to make me more loyal? If this is the case, how can someone get to diamond level (I was platinum)? Are you telling me that all the diamond level players have lost their shirts betting?

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Trust me, you're not the first. Happened to me several years back now...Sucks, but there is absolutely nothing that can be done as their decision, believe me, is final.

1st and Ten
    1st and Ten's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a diamond level player....I give them a lot of action and over the last 2 years...Im up perhaps 5-10k (thats after exercising at least 5-6k US Dollar worth of points. So I'm mediocre at best.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Happens to everyone.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

They've been doing this for years; there's nothing anybody can do to change it unfortunately.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fly over there with an AK, 1 bullet per point they took from you. Then see who got it harder up the ass.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

wierd

solepride
    solepride's Avatar Become A Pro!

This really comes down to the perception of bonuses. The BM betpoints (bp) is a perk. Ususally perks are to entice bettors to join and keep using them. But what you have to know is that the best books out there are actually the ones that don't give too many perks. Hence pinny and greek.

Steeve

I just don't understand the business model. Make a gambler like me happy, and I tell everyone. That brings in lots more gamblers that won't be as lucky as I have been, increasing your profits. Piss me off and I never mention your name to anyone...

justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

I have accumulated a lot of points. I was hoping to reach the Diamond level before using the pts. so I could get the most return. But now I am worried they will take them away. Do they allow you to use up the accumulated points or do they just take away the points after they decide that you are not recreational?

durito
    escarabajo negro

They have occasionally tried to take away accumulated points. Do not let them do this. You get to use ones you've already earned.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is the problem with all offshore books. They can do anything they want, anytime they want. Look at the facts. Why do you think they give these types of bonuses away? Because they are desperate to get customers. Do you ever see a book in Vegas doing this? When you wager offshore, you wager at your own risk. These risks include losing bonuses, having wagers cancelled, having accounts cancelled, having wagering limits lowered, and flat out losing monies that are owed to you. Forget the numerous complaints of delayed payouts. This is part of the game, and there is nothing that can be done by the gambler to correct it. It gets worse. I know of some pretty big winners who had their names mysteriously appear on an IRS list. They do not take names in Vegas.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Shopping in Vegas takes an enormous amount of time and energy. Most places are even more afraid of action than offshore. Betting options are extremely limited.

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is the problem with all offshore books. They can do anything they want, anytime they want. Look at the facts. Why do you think they give these types of bonuses away? Because they are desperate to get customers. Do you ever see a book in Vegas doing this? When you wager offshore, you wager at your own risk. These risks include losing bonuses, having wagers cancelled, having accounts cancelled, having wagering limits lowered, and flat out losing monies that are owed to you. Forget the numerous complaints of delayed payouts. This is part of the game, and there is nothing that can be done by the gambler to correct it. It gets worse. I know of some pretty big winners who had their names mysteriously appear on an IRS list. They do not take names in Vegas.
    If only there was a website that offered ratings and recommendations to serve as a watchdog for the offshore gaming industry.

Steeve

Justonetime, they did cash out my point balance, and placed the funds into my account. As far as your status being changed from recreational, I am sure it follows an audit of accounts. No way to predict it, just make sure to call in so you can collect on the points you have earned. Unless you lose a lot, I don't see you being able to hit 300k points before being changed, unless you get really lucky.

solepride
    solepride's Avatar Become A Pro!

go with The Greek.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I should feel greatful I haven't lost my bet points..... For the books I"v ebeen booted out of bookmaker and Cris haven't taken away my points.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Yes, happened to me several months ago simultaneously at Bookmaker, CRIS and Diamond

I hadn't won much at all with any of them.

Doesn't really bother me as bonus chasing isn't my motive for playing but I find the "recreational player" distinction rather odd. How can someone turning over as much as required to reach the top level for betpoints possibly be still regarded as a "recreational player"?

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

steeve

That's shitty regardless if you are a pro. Its a reward/loyalty program that you have earned over time and they should not be able to just take it away from you.

Steeve

I agree about the "recreational player" distinction. Very odd. I'm sure that is what they were told to say instead of "we don't like you because you don't lose enough, so we're going to punish you."

I have read posts on here about books limiting action and/or cancelling bets when you do too well. Do I have to worry about that with Bookmaker? I would hope not since they are rated so highly here. But, should I shop for another book since I have now been labeled by them as a "pro?"

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

Is it shown in the rules and regulations or its to their discretion?

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Many books use the term "recreational player".

Recreational player = Losing player

I was banned from the loyalty points program years ago as well.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Just turned my points in for cash at DSI and BM. This thread convinced me to use them or lose them.

Steeve

korbal, apparently it is at their discretion.

Well, there are other changes on my account now. When I place NBA wagers, I have always bought 2 points, and I can no longer do so. On every bet I place, the max I can buy is 1 point. I guess they're trying to improve their odds. Looks like I need to shop for a new book.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

This thread surprises me. While I believe you guys, this thread doesn't mesh with my experience.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12599

Soryy to hear about the turnout, Stevee. Sounds like a David vs Goliath story.

durito
    escarabajo negro

They can do whatever they want whenever they want, no explanation needed. I have their email saved.

****@betcris.com
    to me
    Dear Sir:

Please be advised that you have been removed from the Comps Program by Management as of this date.

Thank You,

Customer Service

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

they removed me a few months ago and would not pay me for 45k points i had after i complained for a while on the live chat

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

almost $400 cash they took me for

_Stat_
    _Stat_'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Oh noez, they be stealing my bet points!