whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

SBOBet making me jump through hoops to get my money

I requested a withdrawal from my account, and they asked me to take a picture of the front of my DC (and only this) for some reason (never had another reputable book, or any book ask for this).

Anyway, I signed up for my account with Firstname Lastname

My DC is Firstname Middlename Lastname, but my Lastname is over the (card issuer) logo, so it's hard to see (even the woman in the bank once thought it wasn't my card until I pointed it out)

Anyway they emailed me back saying the card is in the wrong name and I needed to scan my passport or ID card.

I emailed back saying the card IS in my name, but the Lastname doesn't show up as well over the (card issuer) logo.

They then emailed me, now wanting me to scan my passport/ID card AND a bill/bank statement with my address on. They also added this.

"Besides that, please clarify the name FIRSTNAME LASTNAME(register in SBO) and FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME."

I emailed back saying that my name is NOT FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME but Firstname Middlename Lastname which is still extremely clear on the card once pointed out and I said I couldn't email my passport or a bill because I wasn't at home. We'll see what they reply.

They're taking the p*ss now. They were happy to let me deposit money without all this, but now I want to withdraw they're making me do all this.

The website isn't even anything special. Lots of football games not on there and an extremely poor betting market.

roanildinho
    roanildinho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

okay so verify it. sbobet is as good as it gets why are u complaining about sbobet. u shud be complaining about shit books.

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

well, you should wait and see..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Great book

you must be up to something or they suspect fraud

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Did you take the welcome bonus?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

1- your card, by your own admission - is not clear.
    2- Its not SBObets fault that you "arent at home" to send them other id.
    3- where are you from?

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post

1- your card, by your own admission - is not clear.
    2- Its not SBObets fault that you "arent at home" to send them other id.
    3- where are you from?
    Yeah but once I pointed it out, they started asking me for all of this other stuff which they didn't ask for before, even though you could see the name on the picture which should have been enough).

It felt a bit like they were doing it just to be stubborn.

Anyway, they've now agreed to pay out all of my money and close my account

I still don't understand why you need to take a picture of the card though, and other books don't make you do this.

I'm from the UK if that makes a difference

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    I still don't understand why you need to take a picture of the card though, and other books don't make you do this.
    actually a few books will requires the same to verify your identity... ID, card and bill/bank statement

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Every book I played at required ID and pics .. Normal

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well at least you got your money

sbobet does not play games

one of most respected names in industry

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm encountering the same thing at BM. But this is true? It's totally normal (and safe) having to send in a photo of your CC and ID, along with a bunch of other information? Being from the US, Cali, to be specific, it seems a little sketchy to send off all that information.

Moe_LG
    Moe_LG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Good to hear that at least they paid you in the end. I'm thinking about opening account with SBObet so such stories always scare me, but I have mostly heard good things about them.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Yeah but once I pointed it out, they started asking me for all of this other stuff which they didn't ask for before, even though you could see the name on the picture which should have been enough).

It felt a bit like they were doing it just to be stubborn.

Anyway, they've now agreed to pay out all of my money and close my account

I'm from the UK if that makes a difference
    Im also from UK. Ive rarely had to send ID anywhere - although i cant remember if i did with SBO.
    I think the rules are more relaxed from UK - or they can do their own checks.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Quote Originally Posted by Potentate View Post
    I'm encountering the same thing at BM. But this is true? It's totally normal (and safe) having to send in a photo of your CC and ID, along with a bunch of other information? Being from the US, Cali, to be specific, it seems a little sketchy to send off all that information.
    Its safe @ SBO.
    But I agree with you, I doubt banks would condone such requests.

cristianbet
    cristianbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

WTF is with these guys? They ask for a scan of my card but don't allow me to hide the middle digits !

Dear Sir,
    Kindly provide the *********** copy without hiding the middle digits.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

I requested a withdrawal from my account, and they asked me to take a picture of the front of my DC (and only this) for some reason (never had another reputable book, or any book ask for this).

Anyway, I signed up for my account with Firstname Lastname

My DC is Firstname Middlename Lastname, but my Lastname is over the (card issuer) logo, so it's hard to see (even the woman in the bank once thought it wasn't my card until I pointed it out)

Anyway they emailed me back saying the card is in the wrong name and I needed to scan my passport or ID card.

I emailed back saying the card IS in my name, but the Lastname doesn't show up as well over the (card issuer) logo.

They then emailed me, now wanting me to scan my passport/ID card AND a bill/bank statement with my address on. They also added this.

"Besides that, please clarify the name FIRSTNAME LASTNAME(register in SBO) and FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME."

I emailed back saying that my name is NOT FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME but Firstname Middlename Lastname which is still extremely clear on the card once pointed out and I said I couldn't email my passport or a bill because I wasn't at home. We'll see what they reply.

They're taking the p*ss now. They were happy to let me deposit money without all this, but now I want to withdraw they're making me do all this.

The website isn't even anything special. Lots of football games not on there and an extremely poor betting market.
    You picked Bonus?