Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Do you use Bitbooks?

Bitbook
    Bitcoinlivebets

Is there any other Bitbooks you know? Interesting betting sites but afraid of bitcoin exchange rate.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Have used them before when i made a solid run off sealswithclubs bitcoin poker freerolls.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I will have to research but seems risky

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Considering every goverment on the planet now has the source code it's quite obvious the key to the city. Hell, just think what would happen "when" they run across those dice games the NOC engineers are now officially on the prowl for considering the secrete is now out of the "darkhat". Hell, shouldn't take long now with spycams and mugshot photos to match up things too.

BTW, That Calais tag line of yours reminds me of the bookmaker out of KY that use to violate his disable aunt. Needless to say "KY" brings a whole new meaning to the State of Kentucky, which happens to be where Billy Walters is from now doesn't it. At least that's what Mr.Eric tells me and we ALL know who that is now don't we coach

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    i agree with you now jjgold... maybe we can try this for a low deposit and play

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Bitbook
    Bitcoinlivebets

Is there any other Bitbooks you know? Interesting betting sites but afraid of bitcoin exchange rate.
    I've used www.btcsportsmatch.com and www.btcsportsbet.com with no problems.

I hear ya on the exchange rate, its extremely volatile. You could shield yourself from it by keeping $$ in the exchange and only using what you need to wager when you need it. But half the fun of BTC is riding the price waves.

I can answer pretty much any BTC-related question you may have. Don't listen to BBD, he's a tool.

bettingstation

wow... a little cool for bitcoin...

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Quote Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
    You could shield yourself from it by keeping $$ in the exchange and only using what you need to wager when you need it.
    Can Americans freely use Mt Gox or any other BC exchange these days?

bettingstation

maybe too risky for the americans....

elgreco

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    Can Americans freely use Mt Gox or any other BC exchange these days?
    Sure. Although I'd stay away from Gox until the withdraw issues are ironed out. They've been having USD problems for a little while now. You can still use them to store your stash if you are constantly going to be going from BTC to USD to BTC, but when it comes time to withdraw, I'd use a different exchange

A good exchange for Americans is Coinbase. It's well capitalized and based in San Francisco.

https://coinbase.com/about

You can also use localbitcoins if you are dealing with smaller amounts or want to keep it off the books, but that's more of a pain in the butt.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets just say I wouldn't use it at this time and leave it at that if your reading between the lines gentlemen.

bettingstation

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Lets just say I wouldn't use it at this time and leave it at that if your reading between the lines gentlemen.
    good to stay safe....

elgreco

^^^^ wth is going on here? BBD has a sidekick now?

Gentlemen, please, say something with substance.

To everyone else, Bitcoin is a great out for a lot of people. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.
    Points Awarded:

Kindred gave elgreco 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post

Considering every goverment on the planet now has the source code it's quite obvious the key to the city. Hell, just think what would happen "when" they run across those dice games the NOC engineers are now officially on the prowl for considering the secrete is now out of the "darkhat". Hell, shouldn't take long now with spycams and mugshot photos to match up things too.

BTW, That Calais tag line of yours reminds me of the bookmaker out of KY that use to violate his disable aunt. Needless to say "KY" brings a whole new meaning to the State of Kentucky, which happens to be where Billy Walters is from now doesn't it. At least that's what Mr.Eric tells me and we ALL know who that is now don't we coach

Danny boy you really have ZERO clue as to how btc functions do you??

They have the source code. BIG DEAL...

Just a shame you fail to inform readers that every coin is exponentially more difficult to decrypt than the last...

Love how your talking about the concept of quantum cryptography several years before it even exists

Scaremonger dan at it again. Does this guy have no shame??

bettingstation

the big problem of bitcoin, what if they sudden stop this.... or hack by hacker... manipulate by the creator or a group... its like pyramid scam... the loser will be the end user or customer... boom... you lose money if you have it that time... maybe thats why sbr team dont want to rate books using this kind of currency...

playz
    playz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The reason why I havent tried bitcoin is because. A) I need to convert cash to Bitcoin B) I am exposed to currency movements C) I have to worry about being able to cash out of the book and being able to convert this all back to cash.

There are just too many hoops to jump through. I would jump through those hoops if I felt that it was worth it but there are too many unknowns for me to take the plunge. I would love for someone to convince me otherwise however everyone I talk to seems to say that I am right.

bettingstation

Quote Originally Posted by playz View Post
    The reason why I havent tried bitcoin is because. A) I need to convert cash to Bitcoin B) I am exposed to currency movements C) I have to worry about being able to cash out of the book and being able to convert this all back to cash.

There are just too many hoops to jump through. I would jump through those hoops if I felt that it was worth it but there are too many unknowns for me to take the plunge. I would love for someone to convince me otherwise however everyone I talk to seems to say that I am right.
    i agree with you playz...

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Only people wanting to do something outside the laws they are subject to have any need to get involved with Bitcoins.

elgreco

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    They have the source code. BIG DEAL...
    What source code is he even talking about? It can't be the Bitcoin source code, it's an open-source project, been out since Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bettingstation View Post
    the big problem of bitcoin, what if they sudden stop this.... or hack by hacker... manipulate by the creator or a group... its like pyramid scam... the loser will be the end user or customer... boom... you lose money if you have it that time... maybe thats why sbr team dont want to rate books using this kind of currency...
    Bettingstation, those are legitimate concerns for people not familiar with the Bitcoin protocol. If you were interested enough, all it would take is a little reading to find out that those fears really have no basis in reality. I'll see if I can quickly sum up the reasons why:

what if they sudden stop this....
    Stop what? And who are "they"? Bitcoin is decentralized. There is no one to stop. As long as there are people interested in keeping Bitcoin going, it's going to keep going.

or hack by hacker...
    Again, hack what? SHA-256 Encryption? If the day ever comes where SHA-256 encryption is "hacked", we have much more significant things to worry about than our cryptocurrencies. I invite you to do some reading on cryptography. Learning about cryptography has probably been the most fascinating part of my bitcoin education.

One of the great things about Bitcoin being open source is that its constantly audited. Bitcoin currently has a market capitalization of over two billion dollars. That is essentially two billion dollars in prize money to whomever can hack it... but no one has ever been able to.

Here's a good article:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-k...bitcoin-2013-4

its like pyramid scam... the loser will be the end user or customer... boom... you lose money if you have it that time... maybe thats why sbr team dont want to rate books using this kind of currency...
    Although it is nothing like a pyramid scam, I do agree that the potential for a catastrophic loss of capital is very real. If you like the idea of Bitcoin, then it's your decision on how much you are willing to invest in it. Like I mentioned in other posts, if your goal is only to gamble with it, you can alleviate most of this risk by keeping your funds in USD at the exchanges.

As far as SBR is concerned, I personally think that they think/thought of it as a passing fad. I really hope they turn their act around and convince some of their books to make the switch. An anonymous currency with tiny transaction fees has the potential to save this industry. Don't forget that we posters are not SBR's customers, the advertising books are. We posters are the product that SBR sells to the books. If the books realize the BTC is the way to go, SBR will soon follow.

Quote Originally Posted by playz View Post

A) It's easier than sending an em-gee to Costa Rica
    B) Very true. If you have no desire to be exposed, then you can protect yourself from it in the manner I described above, but if you are a real big money gambler, then the risk may not be worth it. I'm arguing more for the recreational gambler.
    C) Cashing out of the book is nearly instant. Converting it back to cash and into your bank account is as easy as selling a stock with your online brokerage.

Most of my arguments on this forum for Bitcoin are aimed at the American recreational bettor. If you are American, then you already jump through plenty of hoops and Bitcoin will help streamline your game. If you are not American, then you already have plenty of solid outs and I don't have a good argument as to why you should use Bitcoin for gambling.
    Points Awarded:

elgreco

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Only people wanting to do something outside the laws they are subject to have any need to get involved with Bitcoins.
    As far as gambling, this is true. As far as social impact, this isn't true, but that discussion isn't SBR subject matter.

I think Hareeba! is correct, if you live in a country where you have access to the great books, then you have no incentive to use Bitcoin strictly for wagering.

bettingstation

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    yes it is true...

roanildinho
    roanildinho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

no that isnt the case, bitcoin is a good way to make a killing, if you were smart you would have bought bitcoins at a low price and sold them now or when they hit over 200 dollars.

bettingstation

Quote Originally Posted by roanildinho View Post
    no that isnt the case, bitcoin is a good way to make a killing, if you were smart you would have bought bitcoins at a low price and sold them now or when they hit over 200 dollars.
    you are right if you are the first time to buy what if, it sudden stop... possible they manipulating the trading or exchange for that...

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

bitcoins remind me of baseball cards, beanie babies, and any other fad.....if you got in early you made a killing....everyone else missed the boat. Like in stocks buy low/sell high.....bitcoin is too high right now.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by roanildinho View Post
    what I said was only those looking to get around the law NEED to get involved
    nobody else NEEDS bitcoins
    of course speculators might see an opportunity but that's GREED, not NEED

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by elgreco View Post

A good exchange for Americans is Coinbase. It's well capitalized and based in San Francisco.

https://coinbase.com/about
    It seems kind of weird to me that they boast about the 6 million capital raised, but don't offer a clear explanation of how to use their services, what the fees are, if there are limits to the amount of BTC that can be bought and sold, etc. Is anybody currently using that site who could offer a users review?

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

(USA based bettors)

Here is what you can do with a bitcoin book that the traditional books cannot touch.

15 mins before the game starts, I can deposit $2000 into a bitbook and bet that game without any worries.
    After the games wager has been graded and if it won--I can withdraw back to my bitcoin wallet without any problems.

Anyone arguing against bitcoin books are one of the following:

1. a player who has access to Pinny. USA players do not so that argument is moot.
    2. a shill for one of the other traditional books.
    3. a person who is stupid.

IF you are USA based then you have to be using bitcoin books.

Bitcoin books do not hassle you with moving bitcoins in or out.
    Bitcoin books do charge large fees for withdrawing. What does a W. U./M. G. payout of $800 cost at 5 dimes or bookmaker...lol.
    Bitcoin books do not specify your free withdrawal at 9AM-1PM monday and if you are 10 mins late then you have to wait until next week.
    Points Awarded:

Kindred gave boondoggle 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: elgreco, and amolg24

playz
    playz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only bitcoin book that interested me is btcsportsmatch.com. Because you get good odds if not better than betmaker used to be. The issue here is that you can't bet in increments and with bitcoin constantly changing in value I would have to hedge bitcoin and then figure out how much bitcoin is worth when arbing. the odds are there but there is also risk of the book going down. So it's risk on top of risk. Do any of the bitcoin books offer bonuses?

offshore tyrant
    Update your status
    offshore tyrant's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playz,

Betmaker you would get best odds in the history of mankind because sometimes the market maker putting the odds out would have them reversed. So i think it would be impossible to get better odds than betmaker ! Rest in peace Betmaker because i still have sweet dreams about ya !

elgreco

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    (USA based bettors)

Anyone arguing against bitcoin books are one of the following:

1. a player who has access to Pinny. USA players do not so that argument is moot.
    2. a shill for one of the other traditional books.
    3. a person who is stupid.

bettingstation

well goodluck and let see in the future what happen to this bitcoin...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

dont really see the point or the hassle...have no trouble getting paid from the regular books

not saying its a bad thing, just dont see any reason at all to make the change

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    dont really see the point or the hassle...have no trouble getting paid from the regular books

not saying its a bad thing, just dont see any reason at all to make the change
    Glad to hear it's working for somebody.

bettingstation

well my advice is cash in, play, cashout...

elgreco

well my advice is cash in, play, cashout...
    And you are able to do exactly that as often as you'd like. Even many times a day.
    Points Awarded:

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: roanildinho

12 Last