Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    A kick after a safety is a free kick.
    "Punt: A kick made when a player drops the ball and kicks it while it is in flight."

"
    On a safety kick, the team scored upon puts ball in play by a punt, dropkick, or placekick without tee"

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Grey area because those same official stats from the league credit each punter with four. My feeling is that bet should be a push because it should be based on total TEAM punts, since prop only reads "total punts" with team names next to it.
    Exactly.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by orioles View Post
    8 "Successful" punts is your answer.
    Actually not true because since it must be assumed that the prop is based on TEAM punts, then unsuccessful punts are punts too as long as the ball was kicked. In other words, blocked punt = punt, botched snap or fake where ball was never actually kicked = no punt.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Nope, it is better than a push. Just to make things even more complicated under the definition of a punt, the bet is a WINNER.

Lee punted after the safety in the 2nd quarter I'm pretty sure. (I was doing something else at this time and didn't actually see the play, but I'm be confident they punted, rather than kicked off). If you count that and the blocked punt, that makes 10. But a punt after safety does not make the box score or stats... it is a very grey area.

I agree with you though - there is nothing in the rules about the punt having to be successful, just the definition you mentioned.
    No a free kick does not count as a punt. It is actually closer to a kickoff as the rules are exactly the same as a kickoff other then not being allowed to use a tee (in the NFL).

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Think 5d uses nfl.com as offical stats
    This was already discussed, each kicker was credited with four punts, but the TEAM total punts add up to nine because of the block. My position is team total should be used because when you bet these props at 5 Dimes, all you see is team names and not punter names.

LT Profits

"Punt: A kick made when a player drops the ball and kicks it while it is in flight."

"
    On a safety kick, the team scored upon puts ball in play by a punt, dropkick, or placekick without tee"
    Also free kick are not credited as punts, so they don't turn up on NFL.com stats (or anywhere else) anyway.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

No a free kick does not count as a punt. It is actually closer to a kickoff as the rules are exactly the same as a kickoff other then not being allowed to use a tee (in the NFL).
    So, what do they call it when the punter drops the ball and kicks it whilst it is in flight after a safety? "Closer to a kickoff?"? I've never seen that before.

By definition the NFL rules state: "Punt: A kick made when a player drops the ball and kicks it while it is in flight" and "punt" is referred to in relation to safety rules. How is it not a punt?

I get that it doesn't end up in official stats
    (and i'm not suggesting that it should), which is how props are graded, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a punt. I really just remembered their was a safety and thought I'd throw it out there.

Ultimately, as long as 5D paid out under backers and enforce the way they judge the prop consistently (and not depending on which side has more money on it), then I have no problem with it.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Grey area because those same official stats from the league credit each punter with four. My feeling is that bet should be a push because it should be based on total TEAM punts, since prop only reads "total punts" with team names next to it.
    I got that. And again, I know nothing of NFL.
    It seems the book is just giving their opinion, but its not decided on opinion. Its decided on the official result which has 9 listed in some form.

Gambler: "Theres 9 listed on the official stats of the game, I thought the bet means total punts. You gave no rules..."

Book - "Screw you, all I can see are 8, goodbye"

Thats pretty much whats going on here.

LT Profits

So, what do they call it when the punter drops the ball and kicks it whilst it is in flight after a safety? "Closer to a kickoff?"? I've never seen that before.

By definition the NFL rules state: "Punt: A kick made when a player drops the ball and kicks it while it is in flight" and "punt" is referred to in relation to safety rules. How is it not a punt?

I get that it doesn't end up in official stats
    (and i'm not suggesting that it should), which is how props are graded, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a punt. I really just remembered their was a safety and thought I'd throw it out there.

Ultimately, as long as 5D paid out under backers and enforce the way they judge the prop consistently (and not depending on which side has more money on it), then I have no problem with it.
    It is officially called a free kick. The distinction is that it has to be a live ball to considered a punt, which come to think of it brings another variable into play that is rare in the NFL, the quick kick, which SHOULD count as an official punt.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

This was already discussed, each kicker was credited with four punts, but the TEAM total punts add up to nine because of the block. My position is team total should be used because when you bet these props at 5 Dimes, all you see is team names and not punter names.
    great point LT

think it should have counted as well

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

this is 9 punts

he didn't bet on how many punts credited to individual kicker stats. the bet was on punts in the game. 5dimes is being silly to not call it 9.

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

sbr team please help this case...

5Dimes
    5Dimes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 458

All accounts had adjustments made three days ago to reflect a total of "9" punts.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by 5Dimes View Post
    All accounts had adjustments made three days ago to reflect a total of "9" punts.
    There ya go!

Lets_Get_Money
    Lets_Get_Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by 5Dimes View Post
    My Ticket is still graded a Loser

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

wow, it should be refunded or push...

First 12