snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Is this normal? or is my bookie being a prick?

Hi Guys,

I have had a couple of issues with some settled bets with my bookmaker www.sportsbet.com.au and I will be giving them a call when their phone lines open to complain but before I do this I would like to understand if their treatment of these bets is standard in the industry? or if they in particular are being Pricks?. I have checked their terms and conditions and couldn't see any reference to the particular situations that I am in.

1. I made a Bet on the UFC Travis Browne Knock out of the night at the last UFC event at 10.90 . Now my book only paid out 1/2 as much as the odds that I received, and the reason would of been that on this card their was 2 KO's of the night awards given. Is this standard for Book's? or is my bookie being a prick?

2. I made an outright bet on G Monfils to win the ATP Winston Salem. When Monfils reached the final I hedged on his opponent J Melzer to guarantee profit. Now the match ended after Monfils Retired after the first set with Melzer winning the set 6-3 . My book voided the bet on Melzer and had the Monfils outright bet a "Place" which meant that there was no payout on this and no refund of the stake. Again is this standard for Books? or is my bookie being a prick?

Would really appreciate any input/advise that you guys could offer

Cheers

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by snufflyjoe View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have had a couple of issues with some settled bets with my bookmaker www.sportsbet.com.au and I will be giving them a call when their phone lines open to complain but before I do this I would like to understand if their treatment of these bets is standard in the industry? or if they in particular are being Pricks?. I have checked their terms and conditions and couldn't see any reference to the particular situations that I am in.

1. I made a Bet on the UFC Travis Browne Knock out of the night at the last UFC event at 10.90 . Now my book only paid out 1/2 as much as the odds that I received, and the reason would of been that on this card their was 2 KO's of the night awards given. Is this standard for Book's? or is my bookie being a prick?
    Standard, its called the dead heat rule.

Tennis rules vary from place to place, thats why its never safe to hedge tennis bets unless you're absolutely sure what the rules are.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Thanks Nunya that was helpful I will take the KOOTN bet off my list of complaints. I will have a closer look at the Terms in conditions regarding tennis

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I can't answer the UFC question but the tennis issue seems like it was handled correctly. It was bad luck on your end for that situation to happen.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Both are correct

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont know for UFC,but Monfils didnt win the tournament and this is right decision on their end. Now about Melzer bet,its totally different bet and you should check book rules are they awarding win after first set is completed or they void. This rule regarding retirement vary from book to book and it is very important to read rules first. Very bad luck on your end.

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Standard, its called the dead heat rule.

Tennis rules vary from place to place, thats why its never safe to hedge tennis bets unless you're absolutely sure what the rules are.
    The same with UFC, dead heat rules apply.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

a book like that is not going to screw you

rules are rules

solid book for non usa players