mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17561

TheGreek bet resolution

Hello guys, I have following issue with olympic:

I've had a bet on Seattle Mariners +1.5 for Texas-Seattle game played on Saturday 12th-Sept-2009. Game finished with away win 8:3 so my bet should have been a winner. However The Greek voided it with explanation:

"The game was called in the 8th inning ; hence, your wager was graded as a cancel. For runlines and game totals (over/under), a baseball game becomes official after 8 1/2 innings if home team is winning, or 9 innings if visiting team is winning."

I am not quite sure if they are right here because my bet would be a winner no matter if they played remaining inning or not. I am asking for your help because bookies read all those strange baseball rules in their favor most of the time.

I have filled in the complaint for at SBR but noone contacted me so far. I would appresiate any help on the issue.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

It completely sucks mminkovski, but that's just the way it is. I've had the same thing happen to me with other books, a couple of times in fact so believe me when I say I know how you feel. This stipulation is standard and is stated clearly in the Greek's rules, as it is with pretty much every other book, so unfortunately your complaint is pretty much dead in the water.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

It was graded correctly by the rules.

What if Texas had a 10-run 9th inning? You would have lost.

Runline bets are very totals-sensitive. This is why they require the game to be completed for action (whereas ML bets typically require only 5 innings or so).

mminkovski

OK, agree with you. On the other side I've had this bet on arb with bet-at-home. They never voided and settled as lost. Their T&Cs never mention about such a rule in case 9 innings not fully completed. Do you think I can have a case with them? Can SBR assist with bet-at-home as they are EU bookie?

cap10
    cap10's Avatar Become A Pro!

all books treat runlines and totals this way;; 8.5 inn if home tm is leading or 9 innings otherwise;; this could not be clearer;; this is why u pause before playing totals or rlines;; its prob better to parlay 2 heavy favs on moneyline to avoid this rule

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I would double check their rules. I have never seen a book that doesn't have one on point.

mminkovski

There is nothing in their rules section about baseball special rules. Here is their reply:

Hello!

Thanks for your e-mail.

Texas Rangers lost against Seattle Mariners 3:8. Your bet was wrong because
    you have placed Texas Rangers -1.5. That means your result was
    Texas Rangers 1.5 against Seattle Mariners 8.

If you have further question do not hesitate to contact us again.

Should I submit a complaint with SBR? Do you have experience with resolving issues with them? I see their rating is C which is not very good.

Mikelo
    Mikelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

You should check the rules before placing those "arbs"...

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

mminkovski, A few years back I had the Atlanta Braves -1½. They were leading 14-0 with 2 outs in the top of 9th when the rains came. The game was called and my bet was ruled "no action". Those are the rules. Its standard Las Vegas rules.

mminkovski

OK, thanks guys! I just asked if SBR can help but they rarely eal with EU bookies anyway.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

There's nothing to help with. If Bet-At-Home don't have a voiding rule, then both bets have settled correctly.

If you're going to get involved in arbitrage you need to check the rules at both bookmakers are identical before you place the bet.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The Greek certainly graded it correctly.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mminkovski View Post
    OK, thanks guys! I just asked if SBR can help but they rarely eal with EU bookies anyway.
    Greek is not EU.

Graded the right way. Even tougher when you have the over and think you already won. In that sense I agree with the side being canceled, but not with the total in such situations.