capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

To put some of you at ease for now. I deposited a total of $9100 in offshore checks today at WF, no issues what so ever. The teller has known me for years and didnt even look twice at them, just ran them through the scanner and put them in the check box.Funds will be available at midnight.

later

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Much to do about nothing.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

After reading the UIGEA rules to the banks. It reads as business as usual unless you are a company processing checks for "illegal gambling". Individuals have little to nothing to worry about.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Chuck I took it that way also. I don't think you have anything to worry about with the solid books. They are smart to find a way around it.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

capitalist pig - "Basically they said, if we determine that funds deposited are from illegal gambling processors that they will confiscate the funds and can or will close the account."

DukeJohn - "Reading over what CP sent me concerning Wachovia, it appears they plan to try on December 1st, to stop transactions they identify as suspect. They also, "may close the account or end the relationship."
    At least they didn't say they would confiscate funds, but not allow a certain transaction from going through"

DukeJohn - What was cp referring to re: "...they will confiscate the funds..."?
    Did he just misunderstand the info?

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    DukeJohn - What was cp referring to re: "...they will confiscate the funds..."?
    Did he just misunderstand the info?
    I am not sure, maybe, but I was referring to what was written on the website that CP had given me... As for what they put in the leaflet, I do not know.

Also, as benign as the UIGEA appears, there is so much left to the banks interpretation and they will do what they feel is safest for them... Most of what is posted here is worse case scenarios... We are all just speculating... So, relax and see what happens in the next few months.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by johncrud View Post
    I rarely open my bank statement from mail. I got curious yesterday.. I found a similar piece of message attached to my bank statement but this one is only regarding to deposit made from oversea. For any deposit from oversea, they will block or hold for further investigation before the funds are cleared. I assumed this is for oversea wire transfer included.

I am going to be more careful myself. If you request for **, you can get ***********.. That is what I am going to be doing.
    johncrud - Which bank is that?

First 123