dhassija712
    dhassija712's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Bet365 Bet dispute

i placed a wager on a table tennis match an amount which normally no one places on such matches (1000000 INR) Bet Confirmation - EB5137854510F - Flash

The odds offered to me was 1.55 , i selected the bet and it said "The additional stake would be referred to a trader" . But to my surprise the bet was not accepted until the player played a point. and the bet was accepted at the odds of 1.55 AFTER my player lost the point (after a 12 second delay in accepting the bet)

by this way the trader who accepted the bet not only gained an unfair advantage but i would call it an absolute theft. Sports is decided by inches and a point makes a huge difference

how can one accepted a large bet as this in delay when the player loses a point at old odds?

Chat Transcript

Thomas Ro has joined this chat.
    You are now chatting with Thomas Ro.
    daksh hi
    Thomas Ro Hello, welcome to Bet365 Live Chat. How may I help you?
    daksh 2999
    daksh i want to dispute a bet
    daksh Bet Confirmation - EB5137854510F - Flash
    daksh i placed 1000000 INR @ 1.55 and the additional stake was referred to the trader
    daksh it took about 40 seconds for the bet to get approved
    daksh adding to that
    Thomas Ro Ok, what is the issue with the bet provided
    daksh it was approved after the opposing playing won the upcoming point
    daksh until then the bet was not accepted
    daksh if this issue is not sorted
    daksh i will contact the IBAS f
    daksh this is absolutely wrong
    daksh adding to that it was approved at the old odds
    Thomas Ro I will be able to review this for you.
    daksh sure
    daksh you will find out the huge delay 40-50 seconds
    daksh which is enough to play like 2 points in Table tennis
    daksh the bet should have been not approved perhaps changed odds should have been offered
    daksh i lost another bet after that double the stake but that was fairly lost
    daksh 2200000 INR
    Thomas Ro Thanks for all the information. I will review the bet for you now.
    daksh ok
    Thomas Ro Sorry about the delay, my supervisor is reviewing the transaction and we need to contact another department. I will be with you as soon as possible.
    daksh ok
    daksh sure
    daksh they almost started to play another point when my bet was approved . (for your information)
    Thomas Ro I have reviewed the bet and when the bet was struck the score was 6-7. Now when you are placing a bet that is more then the bet maximum you have to get the bet referred. When you place the bet you are accepting the bet and the odds as you have referred it. Now the referral time may take some time 30 seconds perhaps. However the bet will be struck at the odds taken if the traders accepts the bet.
    daksh and in that 30 seconds if the point is played and goes against the punter the odd changes the whole outcome of the match changes
    daksh the trader accepted as soon as my player won the point
    daksh which is an absolute theft
    daksh sorry but you have no case whatsoever it is against fairplay and morals of betting
    daksh the trader accepted as soon as my player lost the point
    daksh that is unfair
    Thomas Ro We are still in contact with the relevant section now. I will inform you how long the referral time was.
    daksh whatever it was for me it was like 25-35 seconds. and even if it was 10 seconds. It doesnt make my case any worse
    daksh My player lost the point as soon as that happened the bet was accepted
    daksh at the OLD odds
    daksh not even the improved odds
    Thomas Ro I have spoken to the traders directly, they have informed me the time for bet to be accepted was 12 seconds. The bet will stand on the account.
    daksh the bet was accepted when my player lost the point . That way trader took advantage of the situation.
    daksh i am complaining to the IBAS
    daksh thats awful cheating
    daksh will copy this transcript of the chat there
    daksh listen
    daksh my account is a loss making account i dont bet professionally but this is no way to accept wagers waiting for the bettor to lose a point.
    daksh gaining unfair advantage and then accepting the bet
    daksh This all will be shown in the SBR forum today and reported to IBAS
    Thomas Ro I understand what you are saying and the point you have raised. the time the referral stage took was 12 seconds. my supervisor is just reviewing the comments you have made now.
    Thomas Ro The comments have been reviewed and I have been informed that the audit in terms of the odds and referral time there isn't an issue. The bet that you have requested will remain on the account.
    daksh lost a loyal loyal customer bet365 . Sad that a brand like this treats the player like this.
    daksh just for the information i can confirm i am writing the case to IBAS
    Thomas Ro This has been noted.
    daksh can i ask how is there not an issue?
    daksh can i talk with the supervisor?
    Thomas Ro I will see if someone is available Daksh.
    daksh please explain me how is it not unfair accepting bets when the player on which the punter has bet on loses the point adding to that on old odds. Having a advantage just because the bet was accepted in delay of 12 seconds.
    Thomas Ro Please hold while I transfer you to a colleague who is best suited to help with your needs.
    You are being transferred...
    Thomas Ro has now left this chat.
    Shaun H has joined this chat.
    You are now chatting with Shaun H.
    Shaun H Hello, you are speaking with Shaun, The Duty Supervisor
    daksh hello sir
    daksh i am here not to fight but to explain my case with due respect
    daksh can i start?
    Shaun H Of Course Daksh, I will listen to your query attentively
    daksh ok thanks
    daksh i placed a wager on a table tennis match an amount which normally no one places on such matches (1000000 INR) Bet Confirmation - EB5137854510F - Flash
    daksh The odds offered to me was 1.55
    daksh i selected the bet and it said "The additional stake would be referred to a trader" .
    daksh the amount being that high i was worried and though okay this bet wont get accepted .
    daksh But to my surprise the bet was not accepted until the player played a point
    daksh and the bet was accepted at the odds of 1.55 AFTER my player lost the point
    daksh by this way the trader who accepted the bet not only gained an unfair advantage but i would call it an absolute theft
    daksh sports is decided by inches
    daksh and a point makes a huge difference
    daksh now i want an explanation
    daksh how can one accepted a large bet as this in delay when the player loses a point at old odds
    daksh thats insane
    Shaun H I can see that you had requested the bet and the bet was accepted by our Traders 3 seconds before any point was won.
    daksh that is like trapping after gaining an advantage.
    Shaun H In the time that you have looked to place the bet and us accepting it there had been no change in the scores
    Shaun H We accepted the bet that you requested in good faith
    daksh Sir if that was the case i would not be mad enough to come here
    daksh it was accepted after my player lost the point
    daksh i dont think it was even 1 second before my player lost the point that the bet was accepted.
    Shaun H I can provide you with exact times and facts as to when you requested the bet and to when it was accepted and placed. I also have the times and scores of the event and when they change also Daksh
    daksh sure would like to look at them
    Shaun H We have accepted your request in good faith as advised.
    Shaun H The bet has been placed as you requested and will stand on the account Daksh.
    daksh can i have the timings
    daksh will post this chat on SBR today and report to the ibas too.
    daksh i appriciate the fact it was accepted in good faith but the way it was accepted is wrong
    daksh old odds 1.55 and also 12 seconds after i requested it
    daksh until then they played a point
    daksh and to the advantage of bet365
    daksh my player lost it
    daksh and boom the bet got approved
    Shaun H After looking in to your query in full detail we are happy that the bet has been placed as requested and accepted by you.
    daksh i requested it , you approved it . I never have and never will accept it.
    daksh If i was being a desperate man. For your information i lost 2200000 INR bet after that (FAIRLY) .
    daksh thanks have a nice day ahead.
    Shaun H Do you need any more assistance with this query?
    daksh i wish i could get meaningful assistance but i guess the amount of money involved is too big for bet365 to accept their mistake its simply not worth it .
    daksh i beared for an error i did not even make.
    Shaun H I am sorry that you feel this way Daksh
    Shaun H Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    daksh yes please close my account
    Shaun H I can confirm that the account has now been closed at your request.
    Shaun H Please be advised that you can request to reopen in the future should you wish to.
    daksh that wont happen please close it permanently and i will do my utter most to make a huge case out of this.
    daksh i always gave profits to bet365 happily fairly but like this no. I am not donating money
    daksh so would like it permanently closed

NOTE: They never gave me timings or anything despite asking them

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

wow.....and let me guess the bet lost??? cant imagine your going to come on here having a moan if it had won would you??? dont want to be a prick to you or anything but this is just a load of garbage my friend....you have wasted your time and mine and anyone elses that will have to read this....12 seconds for a refferal is pretty good as the live chat operator said they can take up to 30 seconds...hell even if it takes 5 mintues what in the hell is your beef??? you wanted the bet obviously wanted alot on it and were happy with the odds of 1.55 at the time so whats the issue here??? yeah table tennis is a fast game but you know this, i cant imagine you would be complaining had the next point went in your favor would you?? well done 365 for doing the obvious and sticking to your guns.....go to ibas my friend they will have a good laugh....

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think 365 have wright here. They are fair book,and they do not scam people.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Sorry dhassija712,

Agree with bigballa. You wanted the bet at those odds, and gave B365 the right to decide if it was accepted at their pleasure.

I guess you are thinking the trader would have not accepted the bet had that point gone the other way, Which may be true, or not, but is irrelevant as you give them the right to work that way by making an over limit bet that must be referred live in play. It's just not reasonable to expect decisions faster than 12 seconds in that situation. So you would probably give them the benefit of knowing the next point in table tennis every time you bet like this.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

If you were happy with the odds of 1.55 at the time you clicked "Place Bet" then regardless of how long it took to refer then you should be happy with the bet as had the bet not been refered then it would have gone through automatically anyway if it was under the limit.

It's the risk you take when placing large bets on live games I am afraid, and moreso when it comes to placing large bets on live games for lower league/minor/obscure sports and on sports where the scoring is much faster as well. Like someone said, 12 seconds for the trader to see the bet referral, check the odds are correct, have a quick look at your account, and accept or reject the bet is actually very quick and some firms would have taken a lot longer to do that.

As far as I remember 365 has a "show max" button on the betlip doesn't it, which shows you the maximum you can bet without the bet being referred - not ideal by the sounds as you would want to be betting more, but if you are that worried about bets being referred on games like this in future then I would say click the bet max and then try again over the top for any more you want to risk being referred.

dhassija712

re

dont get me wrong i am not moaning. But the fact that the bet was approved at DOT (EXACT MOMENT) when my player lost the point is what frustrates me. Would they have accepted the huge bet at 1.55 had my player won the point? I dont think so. They should have offered me new odds had they wanted for the point to be finished.

I am not saying B365 are scam but the way of accepting delayed wagers is for me against the morals of betting.

dhassija712

@bigballa Yes mate i was happy at 1.55 at that time. But if the next point had been played and then they accept the big is unfair advantage to the book. I would have deffo have accepted the same bet at long odds if my player had lost the point.

dhassija712

quite honestly surprised by the reaction thought i had somewhat of a case in here.

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

Live beting always carry on some risk however if odds change bookmaker should ask you do you agree for the new price or not

contesting
    Update your status
    contesting's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see the logic of your complaint, however Bet365 does this all the time on referral bets. But I experienced that they do it other way as well, accepting bets where points gone against them. The fact that this is a sport where points fly fast, its impossible not to have situations like this. Im not saying it fair all the time, but Im saying they are accepting bets even when things go against them.

When it comes to IBAS, dont even go there, most cases lose. Bookies love to say IBAS is independent, but they are not imo.

dhassija712

exactly if they are waiting for the point to get finished i should have a chance to bet on the new odds

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Don't feel people are against you. Your frustration is understandable.

contesting
    Update your status

To be honest, in this case I dont think they were waiting for the point to be finished, points are so speedy in table tennis. What was the score actually when you played? many sets played?

dhassija712

little disclosure : Im just 19 year old and i turned 1000$ in 50000$ in 2 months. And now back where i started from somewhat haha. Nice little ride. Undone by a stupid delay.

dhassija712

Two sets were already played it was 1 set each. In the 3rd set (which i bet on) the score was 6-7 in my favour i reckon. And then i bet huge on 1.55 and only when it was 7-7 the additional stake and bet got approved.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

Quote Originally Posted by dhassija712 View Post
    little disclosure : Im just 19 year old and i turned 1000$ in 50000$ in 2 months. And now back where i started from somewhat haha. Nice little ride. Undone by a stupid delay.
    my man i like you, but your just talking poop now, even if the delay was 10 minutes YOU wanted the bet, it isnt just going to refer it to the traders for $hits and giggles you wanted it......we cant just jump on here and stir up trouble for prolly the best book out there imo just cuz our bet lost, you trying to use this 12 second delay is just non sense that is a fantastic comback time 12 seconds...all the best in the future my friend ....

contesting
    Update your status

I see. Well listen I had my fair share of disputes with bet365, in this case you have nothing, Im afraid. Looks like you got a bit carried away with your stakes, and got really frustrated when they accepted bets like the did. But you have to agree, placing such a risky high stake bet at the end of a crucial 3rd set was not worth it (easy saying it now but). Considered it was accepted on 7-7 in a 3rd set (best of 5 i guess), your bet wasnt really any weaker, probably odds went from 1.55 to 1.62 or something.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

usually a update in the score, bet365 has new odds, just check the max bet and dont bet more than that, only overbet and refer to trader when is showing commercial on tv

dhassija712

odds went from 1.55 to even . there is a huge difference between 8-6 and 7-7

dhassija712

yeah i get it. My bad that i made a big stake on a fast moving game but i still think it was unfair. Lots of bet365 hardcore fan would rubbish me but if thats how it is i would take it on the chin and move on.

contesting
    Update your status

I also hate how bet365 take advantage of these situations, but as I said, they accept bets when its against them as well..sounds strange it went all the way to even from 6-7 to 7-7, doesnt make sense if the guy is 1.55 favorite on 7-6. I disagree though with the huge differences in scoring, its tabletennis, can change any way in any second.

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

The confirmation time on live bets is a bit of a grey area regardless of sport, the situation most definitely doesnt favor the player.
    The only thing I keep in mind when placing a live bet is always do it in breaks, especially in fast paced sports. You can always question and speculate on how fair books treat the "danger zone", people say it goes both ways which it may or may not do, and probably is different from book to book, at least you can rule that aspect out this way.

Doesnt really help you in hindsight, but as most said I dont think you have much of a case.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

It really depends on if Bet365 would have accepted the bet if your guy won the point. Im guessing they would have rejected, in which case you are right.
    Something similar happened to me in a football game, a goal was scored and the odds didnt suspend/reject. I complained, and got my stake back - but in my case football games always suspend and reject bets when a goal is scored - im not sure how table tennis odds work?
    If they suspend every point, you have a case. At the very least you should have got better odds, even if it lost.

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

very common practice from bookmakers on live betting accepted odds lower than current but refuse if odds drop

contesting
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by piterp View Post
    very common practice from bookmakers on live betting accepted odds lower than current but refuse if odds drop
    this applies to the automatic system - and you are correct about that. Never experienced it on the bets sent to referring though. Bet365 accept my bets even when odds have gone against them.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yes, I can attest that Bet365 has been fair to me over the years of such incidents. Bet on live Challenger events for certain games to be won by certain players, I've even had one accepted after my guy was 30-0 up (placed the bet when it was 0-0). Some ppl on here might not like Bet365 but I personally think they are quite professional.

ermalbr
    ermalbr's Avatar Become A Pro!

help anyone want to refer at bet 365

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

Don't bet such big amounts on live events where every second matters.

Anyhow, if you got to $50,000 from $1,000 I believe you will do it again. Good luck!