jlg37
    jlg37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bwin Blocked Account

Hi,

I have had a Bwin account for a couple of years and was limited pretty much straight away, as i have read this seems the norm for them. When i tried to put more on it a couple of days ago it said i should contact customer support, which i did.
    The reply i got from them was that the security department had looked at my account and seen various patterns, and they would look at my limit again in 3 months. Ok fair enough whatever the patterns thing is meant to be.

My account was verified a while back with no problems depositing or withdrawing.

I was limited to £25 on any selection, sometimes less. Never had a problem with them before.

Today i tried to log into my account and it says it has been blocked and to contact customer support, which i did.
    He said it has been blocked by the security department and he would contact them and then let me know what has happened. I don't have a lot of money in there only about £150.
    I am wondering what the best way is that i should deal with this.
    How long should i wait for a reply and if no joy what route do i take.

Any help would be a great help. Times are a bit hard and i would like my money i have in there. Im not into this match betting thing that a lot of people go on about and just like the occassional bet on the horses. I only have 1 account with them so do not understand why this has happened.

Thanks in advance

Jay

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Weird situation.

What's "match betting"? - and why say you're not into something if you're not?

Anyway, one of the mods, Justin, has a good working relationship with them and, by all accounts, BWin handle complaints fairly. If you've done nothing wrong, you should fill out the complaint form here (see my sig). Justin should be able to work with them to release your funds for you.

Good luck, OP. You shouldn't have much to worry about as long as all is above board... just a bit of hassle to get your funds out.

Wea
    Wea's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agre with the above part (BWin handle complaints fairly), I have had some disputes with them over the past year. To be honest they resolved all my 5 issues in a fair manner. 3 in my favour and 2 in their after explaining there view on the rules (I you would have asked me the second I got the negative rulings I would have answered something different).
    On the other hand there might have been one or two games judged in my favour without me complaining at all... So my experience is that they are fair (however my bankroll is not possitive at their site which might help). I have never felt the need to take any of my complaints further than to their support so far and I have turned over quite a lot of money at their site... over the years.

jlg37

Quote Originally Posted by AimingHigh View Post
    Weird situation.

What's "match betting"? - and why say you're not into something if you're not?
    lol, ok no worries.

Because that seems to be why a lot of people have suspended accounts, multiple accounts, continuous betting on certain things where odds may be out of line.

i said that about match betting multiple accounts etc before someone come on here and said it.

Barbarian
    Barbarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4666

jlg37, usually bwin fights this way against arbers, soon your account will be disabled and funds returned

Sportslover
    Sportslover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

When using Bwin earlier this year, I was limited quite quickly, however, I was still able to withdrawl a large sum of money from them. The withdrawal took about 5-6 days even though I had already submitted my ID documents prior to requesting the withdrawal. However, the withdrawal was successful and they never closed my account, only limited how much I could bet. As a result of their limits I haven't been back there to bet since. If you haven't broken any rules, they will treat you 100% fairly and give you your money, although their withdrawal process is a bit slow.

UV82
    UV82's Avatar Become A Pro!

they usually reply within a 2-3 days... if not send another reminder ... they are generaly a reasonable book ... although they sometime do funny thing which doesnt add much to their reputation... but they are not a non-paying book.

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17561

Yes, they limit too fast and sometimes close accounts for no reason. I've had mine closed and funds paid out to me.

jlg37

Thanks for all the replies guys, have not heard from them yet but was only yesterday.

Will keep all informed.

jlg37

Well just got off the phone to them again.

Account closed will not be re-opened and no reason why.

Sent bank details for outstanding balance, even though i have always deposited and withdrew with neteller.

How do they keep customers, im thousands down over the last couple of years and they cant even give an explanation.

Jay