Pokerdollars
    Pokerdollars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

5dimes has screwed me out of thousands!

I have played with 5dimes for a couple of years. I played alot of poker through their flash poker room which was a skin of pitbull poker. It is came out that pitbull poker poker owners were playing there against customers and cheating them. It is has been verified on 2+2 poker forum by the pitbull poker representavivre Dave he went to shop and they were packing up servings trying to get away and the authories were called and they have been arested. Also on parttimepoker there is an article explaing what happened. I called 5dimes and explained and they said they will be not be reimburing for anything, I played in the biggest cash games there buying in for 500 at a time. There is no telling how much money I was cheated out of. 5dimes says that since they were in business with pitbull poker and they are no longer in business that they cant recover my stolen funds, thats not my problem that is theres. I should be compensated by 5dimes that is there responsiblity not to be in business with crooks I intrusted my money and there integerity there is why I played. PLEASE HELP!

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Some interesting reading in those threads, but I can't see 5Dimes accepting responsibility here, especially as the losses aren't easily quantifiable..

Your balance at the time they shut you might have some case for, but losses vs superusers would be a much harder sell.

wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

First rule of thumb, do not play Poker at Sportbook sites. If you are going to play, play at a well established Poker only site. That being said, there has been corruption in the Poker industry and a big scam was talked about on 60 minutes. It was Absolute Poker and another sister site. A previous programmer had stolen code and was able to read everyone's hands at the table. He got caught because he won too much with multiple accounts. Supposedly everyone did get their money back after a long battle when it was exposed over time. Best bet is to still play at well established sites.

D-Town Guy
    D-Town Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow. No more poker there for me.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

sorry to hear it man if tony was a good guy he would do something for his players since they decided to associate with a bad buisiness but Tony only cares about his bottom line

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Poker,

That is a very interesting and disturbing story - thanks for sharing it.

Can you provide a poker session history? What were your net results? How do they compare to other places you play?

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Speaking of Poker, I'm starting to get better at Poker myself. Can anyone recommend a place that would be suited to a beginner???

Is what wacked said a few posts above correct? You are best playing at a Poker only site???

Pokerdollars

CAn I file a complaint somewhere against them?

Pokerdollars

The owners removed all servers so hand histories can not be retrieved.

wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeautifulGame View Post
    Speaking of Poker, I'm starting to get better at Poker myself. Can anyone recommend a place that would be suited to a beginner???

Is what wacked said a few posts above correct? You are best playing at a Poker only site???
    Well personally I have played at PokerStars and FullTiltPoker, PartyPoker and UltimateBet. I'm not going to recommend any of those sites, but I'd lean towards the first two.
    I don't see any reason to play at a site that is anything but a poker only site. You get better rake backs, and better support, game options and interfaces.

dankhank
    dankhank's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not even clear what the OP is asking for. Is he asking to be reimbursed for a theoretical amount of money that he assumes he lost to a cheating group?

Or is he asking to be reimbursed for money that was left on Pitbull rather than transferred back to 5dimes? If this is the case, he sort of has a point - but considering Pitbull's closing was totally out of 5dimes' control I don't think he has much hope - plus it should be noted that any wary player would've transferred money back to 5dimes after every session, then loaded up Pitbull when they were going to play, since transfers were instantaneous and simple.

Also, FWIW, Cascade briefly had a skin on Pitbull, and it was a way to move small amounts of "pretend" Cascade money to 5dimes
    Points Awarded:

Thremp gave dankhank 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Skalatharx
    Skalatharx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerdollars View Post
    The owners removed all servers so hand histories can not be retrieved.
    how convenient

Pokerdollars

Received email from 5dimes support saying to call and ask to speak to Tony about this situation, I will post summary of conversation tommorrow, hopefully he will make this right.

Pokerdollars

They have now disabled my account after sending them a email with a link to this thread.

Pokerdollars

TONY is a jerk and cant see how anyone would do business with this asshole

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Diana'
    Diana: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    fareed: I need to speak with tony
    Diana: Just a moment please
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Tony'.
    You are now chatting with 'Tony'
    Tony: how can I help you today?
    fareed: Hello tony, I have called referring to flash poker room situation and was blown off, I then posted at SBR about situation and sent email with link to thread and now my account is dissabled. I played alot on flash poker room at the biggest tables, I am member of 2+2 poker where scandal of cheating has been revealed by daves Brenes employee at pitbull now there owners are arrested I am justing wanting some type of compensation seeing there is no teeling how much money I was cheated out of, I have been good customer and have referred player that loses thousands , I just want this made right sir
    Tony: really, losses of thousands?
    Tony: you've got so many notes on your account for "issues" that my new notes didn't even fit
    Tony: and you like to play your little "take care of everything I need or I'll run and post"
    fareed: I tried to call and speak with some one but was not taken serious
    Tony: i don't think there was a single thing wrong at pitbull other than they turned out to be underfunded
    Tony: well, I the authority going no higher than me, and from your notes and action, I don't see why anyone should take you seriously
    Tony: *well, the authority going no higher than me, and from your notes and action, I don't see why anyone should take you seriously
    fareed: no there is many players at 2+2 poker who have come together with various instances, I just know for sure one time I was called with 10 high and for 1.2k pot and that is not possible
    fareed: I understand they are a diffent company than you
    Tony: Poker transfers 02/19/2008 to date:
    Tony: Transfers to Flash Poker from 5d: $7,564.18
    Tony: Transfers from Flash Poker to 5d: $10,227.16
    Tony: Transfers to 3D Poker from 5d: $5,960
    Tony: Transfers from 3D Poker to 5d: $3,242
    Tony: do you want to share those figures in all your posts, or do you want me to?
    fareed: I will share those as I do not have them and I tried contacting pitbull poker for hand histories not even blasming you
    Tony: "5dimes has screwed me out of thousands! "
    Tony: is that you?
    fareed: I just know of one player I played with and he is supposedly one the superusers, yes I was mad because support basicaaly hung up one me
    Tony: well, i don't blame them
    fareed: I fell like I should be heard when I refeer my best friend who has deposited around 6k and never withdrew
    Tony: lets try this one more time...
    fareed: yes that was my post as I was very upset not to be even heard the amount of money could well be in the thousands sir, I mean just a little understanding would have been nice
    fareed: as you can see I also posted that my email was reponedtoo
    Tony: "reponedtoo" what does that mean?
    fareed: I also explained that 5dimes was a skin of pitbull poker and I played at 5dimes because of the integerity you have earned
    fareed: responed too
    fareed: responded to
    Tony: and explain how "5dimes has screwed me out of thousands!"
    fareed: I was obviously involved in hands where supersusers beat me out of money , please check link at 2+2 with over 1k posts concerning this,I dont expect 5dimes to refund all that juct a something saying hey we had no contraol of pitbull poker that we did business with, I mean i refer poeple and always say you dont have to worry about 5dimes they are straight up but pitbull poker was not straight so as 5dimes is I assumed you would make it right
    Tony: [23:11:19] Tony: Transfers to Flash Poker from 5d: $7,564.18
    Tony: [23:11:19] Tony: Transfers from Flash Poker to 5d: $10,227.16
    Tony: what more do I have to say?
    Tony: how about we're honoring all winnings from pitbull even though we know they're not going to settle their figure with us
    Tony: how about all funds transferred to that skin are being honored
    Tony: too difficult to comprehend those facts?
    fareed: I won money and have had night where I lost 4figures, I know I have played against superuser and he was one who called with 10 high on river allin, no one in world calls that
    Tony: "and 5Dimes screwed me out of thousands!"
    fareed: if you have hand histories you can see this
    Tony: i don't have hand histories
    Tony: and i don't have any e-mail requests for hand histories
    Tony: now that pitbull has closed up shop, that is the end of that opportunity
    Tony: everyone on 2+2 is so damm smart, then what were they don't on such a bad network?
    Tony: i still think all this "superuser" crap is non-sense
    Tony: but it killed a company
    Tony: you have my stance on things, what else you need me to answer?
    fareed: Well tony I still want to be a customer and would appreciate sometype of rebate on at least the one instance I know for sure, i mean all I am asking for is some type of gesture to resolve problem
    Tony: i see no problem
    Tony: i see only accusations
    Tony: i see a customer who won on a network
    Tony: now, I in no way think there were any so called "super-users" on the pitbull network
    Tony: but if in any way I thought there were, do you think I would allow 5Dimes customers to continue to play there?
    Tony: and this is a yes or no question, i don't want a paragraph from you
    fareed: I know at the biggest buyin that I played buying in for $500 we all discuedd at 2+2 I was cheated by superuser that DAves Brenes confirms
    Tony: i asked a yes or no question
    Tony: simple question
    Tony: you plan on answering?
    fareed: and I think you would not intenationally involve 5dimes with crooks
    Tony: and i don't involve myself with customer's like you
    Tony: we'll keep your account closed
    Tony: 5Dimes no longer needs you as a customer
    fareed: wow nice customer serice
    Tony: its clear from all the notes that 5Dimes is not capable of living up to your standards
    Tony: consider it me doing you a favor
    Tony: plenty of other A+ companies out there for you to play with
    fareed: Well I deposited my money with you and if has been cheated through your flash poker romm, I will tell my story at all my forums just to warn your customers and future ones.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

probably should have talked to Tony before sending him a link to this thread.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Wait, I'm confused.

1. Did you have a balance at Pitbull poker when they went under? It sounds like you did not.

2. Is 5Dimes reimbursing their customers who had oustanding balances with Pitbull when they went under? According to that chat, it sounds like they are.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Tony: *well, the authority going no higher than me, and from your notes and action, I don't see why anyone should take you seriously
    This is classic for him, but this is too:

Tony: [23:11:19] Tony: Transfers to Flash Poker from 5d: $7,564.18
    Tony: [23:11:19] Tony: Transfers from Flash Poker to 5d: $10,227.16
    Tony: what more do I have to say?
    Tony: how about we're honoring all winnings from pitbull even though we know they're not going to settle their figure with us
    Tony: how about all funds transferred to that skin are being honored
    Tony can be a dick, but he paid and always does. It appears the op won at poker, I dunno enough about it but I don't see what else 5dimes can do.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

i can not say how disappointed i am. i read thru that whole chat and no f bombs. come on tony, please go back to living down to your standard. you were way too nice with this exchange.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

let me guess katstale:

this wasn't the first time you've heard this: Tony: we'll keep your account closed

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    let me guess katstale:

this wasn't the first time you've heard this: Tony: we'll keep your account closed
    durito, that is classic tony..... Unfortunately for the OP 5 dimes did nothing wrong here pitbull poker might have. The title saying 5D screwed him got god's back up against the wall and forced tony to throw him to the gladiators.....

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Pokerdollars, after reading this thread, it appears you made a profit playing poker at Pitbull and you are nevertheless asking Tony @ 5 Dimes to give you FREE MONEY due to your CLAIM that cheating might have occurred?

For the record, I have an account with 5 Dimes as well and Tony recently cut my limits down by 80% even though I've been with them for less than a year. As disappointed as I was with his decision, I still believe he showed TREMENDOUS RESTRAINT in his conversation with you and your request for compensation is HILARIOUS.

I totally understand why he closed your account.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is pretty much what a book has to do, but a lesser book might not do it.

I really think if you want to collect from a super user, you are going to have to collect from the actual ownership of the network.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by JoshW View Post
    That is pretty much what a book has to do, but a lesser book might not do it.

I really think if you want to collect from a super user, you are going to have to collect from the actual ownership of the network.
    Are they honoring balances that existed when Pitbull went under? In other words, if I had transferred $5K from 5Dimes to Pitbull that day, and hadn't transferred it back, would they reimburse me the $5K?

OP seems to have had a zero balance. If I understand correctly, he wants 5Dimes to give him money, in addition to the profit he accrued from playing at Pitbull, because he says he probably played with a cheater at some point. This is pretty ridiculous. Starting this thread, with such an outrageous title, is a good reason for 5Dimes to close his account IMO.

The only problem I have with Tony's chat is that he is dismissing the cheating allegations out of hand, and basically saying that he thinks a good company was run out of business by spurious claims of wrongdoing. I think that is complete BS.

Again, I also want to know if they are making good on customers who DID have a non-zero balance at Pitbull when it went down. IMO they should be doing that.

Pokerdollars

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Pokerdollars, after reading this thread, it appears you made a profit playing poker at Pitbull and you are nevertheless asking Tony @ 5 Dimes to give you FREE MONEY due to your CLAIM that cheating might have occurred?

For the record, I have an account with 5 Dimes as well and Tony recently cut my limits down by 80% even though I've been with them for less than a year. As disappointed as I was with his decision, I still believe he showed TREMENDOUS RESTRAINT in his conversation with you and your request for compensation is HILARIOUS.

I totally understand why he closed your account.
    Glad you think it is funny when Ultimate Bet super users was found I was reimbursed 3.2k in hands I was cheated out of because they still had hand histories I can not beleive that 5dimes does not have these records.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

I don't think compensation should begiven unless you had money in the poker network that disappeared, as far as Tony goes what is new?

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerdollars View Post
    Glad you think it is funny when Ultimate Bet super users was found I was reimbursed 3.2k in hands I was cheated out of because they still had hand histories I can not beleive that 5dimes does not have these records.
    I doubt 5dimes ever had them to start with - there is no way every affiliate will get records of their players hand histories.

Barbarian
    Barbarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4666

Unfortunately, Pokerdollars went underprepared for the chat with Tony. You, Pokerdollars, should first do a search on this forum for "Tony" to see how smart his fat ass may be. Just type: "I want the money involved in pots with superusers to be refunded" - straight and clear. All those links to forum etc are profanity stuff.

Another thing that caught my attention is line "Tony: you've got so many notes on your account for "issues" that my new notes didn't even fit". WTH is he talking about as Pokerdollars image still of young little boy that has been screwed by big wolf. What kind of a note it may be?

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Pokerdollars, I certainly understand what happened at Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker.

2 Questions:

1. Do you have iron clad direct evidence of super-user activity at Pitbull (someone calling you down with queen high is NOT evidence)?

2. Assuming you do have this direct evidence, you certainly have a case against Pitbull but not necessarily 5 Dimes.

I find it strange you decided to title this thread, "5 Dimes cheated me out of thousands" as opposed to "Pitbull cheated me out of thousands".

Even if Tony thought he had some responsibility here, after reading this thread I can certainly understand why he wouldn't want to help you out with this.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Pokerdollars, I certainly understand what happened at Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker.

2 Questions:

1. Do you have iron clad direct evidence of super-user activity at Pitbull (someone calling you down with queen high is NOT evidence)?

2. Assuming you do have this direct evidence, you certainly have a case against Pitbull but not necessarily 5 Dimes.

I find it strange you decided to title this thread, "5 Dimes cheated me out of thousands" as opposed to "Pitbull cheated me out of thousands".

Even if Tony thought he had some responsibility here, after reading this thread I can certainly understand why he wouldn't want to help you out with this.

Pokerdollars comes off pretty terribly in this thread. The title of the thread is outrageous and misleading. He has avoided basically all of the questions put to him. It's clear he just wants to smear 5Dimes, after failing to bully them into throwing him some undeserved money.

Initially I had thought that he had had a balance at Pitbull when they went under, and that 5Dimes had not reimbursed him. I was thinking "I wonder if I can take back my vote for 5Dimes in the poll or if it is too late?" Haha, now that I understand what happened, I can see that it really is just a poster trying to take advantage of SBR to smear a good sportsbook.

I think 5Dimes did the right thing in closing his account.

I will reiterate that Tony should have more respect for the allegations of cheating at Pitbull though. Does "Tony" have a criminal past? That would explain why he sees nothing wrong with Pitbull being run by a career criminal.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Never the less Poker dollars is still a client

and that tony guy treated his customer really bad

I thought the first rule in doing buisness is
    "customer is always right"

If 5dimes will just give him a %40 re-up bonus with a 5 x roll over. They will keep him as a customer, and still do buisness with him

Am I right?

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by acarmelo1 View Post
    Never the less Poker dollars is still a client

and that tony guy treated his customer really bad

I thought the first rule in doing buisness is
    "customer is always right"
    That's just a saying.

Clearly they decided that he is the type of customer that they do NOT want. Such customers exist in almost all areas of business, and certainly when you are a bookmaker.

If 5dimes will just give him a %40 re-up bonus with a 5 x roll over. They will keep him as a customer, and still do buisness with him

They could keep him as a customer without giving him anything at all. They closed his account because they do not want him as a customer. The chat indicates that he is constantly harrassing them for freebies and handouts. If I had to guess, he is an advantage gambler who plays only for the money. There is nothing at all wrong with that. The point is that I seriously doubt they will miss him as a customer.

Pokerdollars

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    That's just a saying.

Clearly they decided that he is the type of customer that they do NOT want. Such customers exist in almost all areas of business, and certainly when you are a bookmaker.

They could keep him as a customer without giving him anything at all. They closed his account because they do not want him as a customer. The chat indicates that he is constantly harrassing them for freebies and handouts. If I had to guess, he is an advantage gambler who plays only for the money. There is nothing at all wrong with that. The point is that I seriously doubt they will miss him as a customer.

This is true I am up on 5dimes but that have made plenty off me from rake. I am now part of a group of players and employess of pitbull poker trying to get this resolved.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

That chat is just Tony being Tony However, I do not see what 5Dimes did wrong, in fact, it appears they made good.

12 Last