shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

The last info I saw posted was that SBR was going to hear back/meet with a possible bailout book in the middle of January. But I've also been away from the forum quite a bit during the holidays other than when I've been working so there may have been something after that. I do remember putting a disclaimer up though that just based on my limited dealings with CR ie I'm still waiting for a letter from over a year ago from a government agency there, that I might give that 2nd week of Jan timeframe a few days leeway. They don't seem to work on the same sort of clock as we do. Again though, something may have been posted after that in one of these threads of which I'm just not aware yet so maybe do a search of John and Bill's posts I guess.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

shari91- thanks for informing posters here-especially that you have contacted a government agency-exactly which agency was that-so we too,can be on them like stink on sh--. The more noise made about fraudulent activity the better. I am sure if BI gets away with what they did- other shit books[as Tony from 5dimes said in this forum put it]will realize that they too can get away with it. Just what does OSGA do? Thank you kindly-gl all.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
    shari91- thanks for informing posters here-especially that you have contacted a government agency-exactly which agency was that-so we too,can be on them like stink on sh--. The more noise made about fraudulent activity the better. I am sure if BI gets away with what they did- other shit books[as Tony from 5dimes said in this forum put it]will realize that they too can get away with it. Just what does OSGA do? Thank you kindly-gl all.
    Oh no, sorry blackbox. My contact was about immigration stuff. Nothing to do with BI. If I had a clue who to contact about BI who would be of any help I'd be the first one to start bitching and get all my mommy friends (and pretend their gamblers) to do the same on every social media outlet possible. I just don't know of anyone to contact. Despite what some have insinuated because I work here, have a vagina, etc... I first came to SBR almost 4yrs ago because I gamble. Used to bet quite large sums of money although now it's only like $200 a bet (although after having a kid, that's now huge to me these days). A book went down here in Australia last year... totally regulated country... like many felt as safe having their money there as a bank. I wouldn't wish any of this on anyone. I wish I could fix it but the suggestions I've seen like Let's go get Jon from BI (he doesn't have the cash), a book will bail us out (yes hopefully but it's a big ask), etc just take time I guess. I truly hope every single person gets every cent no matter where it comes from. Too hard to win from books as it is... even though this book ran like the short bus of all books, it's not anyone's fault but theirs. Time for SSLP to fix it. (Again in my useless opinion).

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Oh no, sorry blackbox. My contact was about immigration stuff. Nothing to do with BI. If I had a clue who to contact about BI who would be of any help I'd be the first one to start bitching and get all my mommy friends (and pretend their gamblers) to do the same on every social media outlet possible. I just don't know of anyone to contact. Despite what some have insinuated because I work here, have a vagina, etc... I first came to SBR almost 4yrs ago because I gamble. Used to bet quite large sums of money although now it's only like $200 a bet (although after having a kid, that's now huge to me these days). A book went down here in Australia last year... totally regulated country... like many felt as safe having their money there as a bank. I wouldn't wish any of this on anyone. I wish I could fix it but the suggestions I've seen like Let's go get Jon from BI (he doesn't have the cash), a book will bail us out (yes hopefully but it's a big ask), etc just take time I guess. I truly hope every single person gets every cent no matter where it comes from. Too hard to win from books as it is... even though this book ran like the short bus of all books, it's not anyone's fault but theirs. Time for SSLP to fix it. (Again in my useless opinion).
    Did the players get their money back from the book you mentioned in Australia that went down?

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Oh no shari91 your opinion is NOT useless! it is your point of view, and yours is as important as anyones. It is more to do with the source of information by which we form our opinions. I was fortunate with BI- I caught BI with making lies to me--not only that -- in BI"S final stages of their life- Ben had the nerve to call and asked for me to get my friends to join-his voice was shaky-my dear friends would be all over me for misleading them. You see- shit rolls downhill-and MY reputation would have been shot with my real friends. gl shari- just burns me up to see cons get away with murder. gl all here. We drank the cool-aide that Jim Jones-oh no -THE COOL AIDE Jon gave us--you Jon did not kill us- the cool aide did.
    Last edited by blackbox; 01-06-13 at 03:43 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    I have been away for a while... has SBR actually done anything yet? Anything at all???
    probably waiting like the rest...think they are going to have to let books at least get through the bowl season before anyone has a sit down....not the easiest time of year for books.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
    Oh no shari91 your opinion is NOT useless! it is your point of view, and yours is as important as anyones. It is more to do with the source of information by which we form our opinions. I was fortunate with BI- I caught BI with making lies to me--not only that -- in BI"S final stages of their life- Ben had the nerve to call and asked for me to get my friends to join-his voice was shaky-my dear friends would be all over me for misleading them. You see- shit rolls downhill-and MY reputation would have been shot with my real friends. gl shari- just burns me up to see cons get away with murder. gl all here. We drank the cool-aide that Jim Jones-oh no -THE COOL AIDE Jon gave us--you Jon did not kill us- the cool aide did.
    I agree totally about shit running downhill. If they had taken overseas deposits when I tried to get in I would've encouraged many others to get in there... just hearing about the half point thing alone was enough but the bonuses seemed crazy too. For people from Australia or the UK, we don't get things like this. Deposit bonus (small amount) and small redeposits. None of these massive freeplays or 50% of your deposits so for us it would've been like heaven... especially when my friends were telling me how to exactly attack their lines with the half point. Sad to see this shit and I think I'm probably the only one small enough on here to ensure it'd be a fair fight if him and I ever met... I understand books go busto and I get why his did. But that doesn't mean we can't still be pissed. Fingers crossed there's positive news mid/end of January.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17093

I agree totally about shit running downhill. If they had taken overseas deposits when I tried to get in I would've encouraged many others to get in there... just hearing about the half point thing alone was enough but the bonuses seemed crazy too. For people from Australia or the UK, we don't get things like this. Deposit bonus (small amount) and small redeposits. None of these massive freeplays or 50% of your deposits so for us it would've been like heaven... especially when my friends were telling me how to exactly attack their lines with the half point. Sad to see this shit and I think I'm probably the only one small enough on here to ensure it'd be a fair fight if him and I ever met... I understand books go busto and I get why his did. But that doesn't mean we can't still be pissed. Fingers crossed there's positive news mid/end of January.
    So Bill's promise to update in the 2nd week of January is now being pushed to the end of January?

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    probably waiting like the rest...think they are going to have to let books at least get through the bowl season before anyone has a sit down....not the easiest time of year for books.
    I wasn't just talking about a potential bailout. I also mean, have they found anything out yet? Did they send someone to BI's former office location, like SBR John said they would? Is the place cleaned out? Or did EZStreet take over that office space? So far SBR seems to want to just wait and let this blow over. They don't seem interested in finding out what happened or who did what.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Bet islands was paying posters to shill for them on the forum. Some received free plays, some cash. Some both. Rob might be one of those posters. Don't know if he'd admit to it.
    I got really good reloads, but I considered it personalized service. I deposited a lot there since day 1, got paid fast, good good reloads and whenever I did have a problem, Jon mostly resolved it.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDC View Post
    The way you were pushing betislands left many to think you were not only getting reloads..but also Jon's load all over your face.
    I can send you a picture of my load all over my face if you want. PM me, we'll discuss.

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    I can send you a picture of my load all over my face if you want. PM me, we'll discuss.
    I decline your offer.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    You would have a tiny bit of edibility in your argument if you are a poster for at least two months. But everybody knows you have none whatsoever.
    First I do not care what you have to say about anyone's credibilty.

Second, I do not care what everybody thinks. None of that has any effect on my daily life.

Since you brought it up, I can only assume that some keyboard puncher like yourself needs daily assurances from a gambling forum to get thru your miserable fukkkking life.

rcene

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Stoop View Post
    it's only slander if it's incorrect
    Sorry, I guess I missed the part where Sbr took off with all the players Bi money.

RammRamm1234
    RammRamm1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Just got a VM this morning from the one and only Ryan Rossi offering me a bailout from EZ. Not really sure how in the blue hell I'm supposed to just turn the other cheek and ship more good money after bad.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by rcene View Post
    First I do not care what you have to say about anyone's credibilty.

Second, I do not care what everybody thinks. None of that has any effect on my daily life.

Since you brought it up, I can only assume that some keyboard puncher like yourself needs daily assurances from a gambling forum to get thru your miserable fukkkking life.

Of course you don't care about your credibility otherwise you won't hide behind a ghost. Enjoying your great life here.
    Last edited by wrongturn; 01-07-13 at 11:00 AM. Reason: improper language deleted

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RammRamm1234 View Post
    Just got a VM this morning from the one and only Ryan Rossi offering me a bailout from EZ. Not really sure how in the blue hell I'm supposed to just turn the other cheek and ship more good money after bad.
    Would you mind elaborating? What name was he using?

RammRamm1234
    RammRamm1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Last night I got a VM from some random CS rep at EZ offering me a bailout. Deal was full BI balance, if I deposit 50% of that balance with EZ. Then I'm subjected to a 15x rollover for the new money + the BI balance.

This morning, at about 8:30AM EST, I got another VM from EZ:

"Hello *****, my name is Ryan Rossi I used to work at Bet Islands but now I work at EZ Street Sports. We are offering a bailout plan for Bet Islands clients that were affected with balances left in their accounts when BetIslands closed down. If you are interested in doing some sort of bailout, please contact me as soon as possible. Offer ends on January 20th. My number here is 1-866-238-8365. My extension is 4472. I look forward to hearing from you."

robmpink
    Update your status

I decline your offer.
    I take the comments you made, along with others. Bashing of me is very understandable. I'm sorry what happened and would have never thought it. Jon seemed to always pull through.

rcene

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Yep you should just move on. Because you aren't going to get it back. You can try to be all pro-active and "fight the system" but your most likely wasting time. As a BI member who lost a good chunk, I'm moving on.
    Was posted in another Bi thread here that Ryan Rossi has resurfaced at Ez Street.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

wow ryan just a scumbag like the rest of them. i hoped for better from him but not surprised.

if he would have helped in facilitating a legitimate bail out he'd probably end up in a better position than where he is now, still working under that pos jon at a joke scambook that nobody would ever deposit at now that they've been exposed

NEW_WORLD
    NEW_WORLD's Avatar Become A Pro!

i just checked pictures of jon kreta
    ok, i don't know him at all and didn't hear about him. but i think many of you know him. how you can trust his business?
    personally i even pplz like he don't say hello. his place is in jail.
    BIG BUSINESSMAN )
    Last edited by NEW_WORLD; 01-07-13 at 01:02 PM.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    Would you mind elaborating? What name was he using?
    He has used different names when he was at Wager Chief, Bet911, Betfirstclass, Betphoenix, BetIslands, Beted but he has gained his best success with Rossi so it wouldn't surprise me if he keeps that name. You guys wlll continue to play with him because you flock to bonuses. Beware of Rossi

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

Quote Originally Posted by rcene View Post
    Sorry, I guess I missed the part where Sbr took off with all the players Bi money.
    you did. There were very few outflows of cash from BI. Guess who was one of those outflows?

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

True they offered incredible bonuses and 1/2 pt etc but then not only stiffed anyone who won but went ahead and pocketed their deposits as well...the terms too good to be true and ponzi scheme come to mind

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

bump

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

bump

DimSum
    DimSum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7388

Second week of Jan is here, what's the deal?

shari91

Did the players get their money back from the book you mentioned in Australia that went down?
    Sorry Jason, I missed this before... out of the $3.9 million owed, $1 million was pledged by another book who was attempting to further establish themselves in the Aussie market at the time. However the condition was that the book would only honour up to $200 of your balance. So no matter how much you got stiffed on, the best you could do was a $200 balance at this book. Better than nothing of course but again, in a regulated industry many of us consider our books as safe as our banks so there isn't that urgency to withdraw once your balance reaches a magic number. Not sure of how much of that million was even taken up on as I haven't seen those figures released. But no, people's balances still haven't been paid back and unfortunately in a regulated environment, bettors fall last on the list of creditors. The book was called bet247/SportsAlive.

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Shari,

Whats your thoughts on your employer holding up potential bailout packages from books because of requesting commissions on the deal?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sneak-a-peak View Post
    Shari,

Whats your thoughts on your employer holding up potential bailout packages from books because of requesting commissions on the deal?
    That would be something. Is this just a thought or something more?

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/sportsbooks-industry/2112188-bet-islands-new-update.html

post 22

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17093

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    It appears to be the case. See this thread.

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/sportsbook...ew-update.html

Edit: Sneak beat me to it.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

SBR, please put on record to denounce this slandering. I am sure many new posters would appreciate that.

First ... 23456 Last