Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

5Dimes changes online wager

After Central Michigan scored on the opening drive I placed a bet on WKU to score next which they did. Checked my wager and it reads 12/26/12 7:30pm College Football 216 WKU scores next 2nd Half -195* <small>vs</small> CMU scores next

Their mickey mouse live chat is worthless, a complete waste of time.

And then they removed that 2nd half wager option but wouldn't void my bet. Even if it wins this is still disconcerting.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-26-12 at 07:37 PM.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Talk to Tony

rolltide39
    rolltide39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Halladay View Post
    Talk to Tony
    he will get it all straightened out for you .............

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    After Central Michigan scored on the opening drive I placed a bet on WKU to score next which they did. Checked my wager and it reads 12/26/12 7:30pm College Football 216 WKU scores next 2nd Half -195* <small>vs</small> CMU scores next

And then they removed that 2nd half wager option but wouldn't void my bet. Even if it wins this is still disconcerting.
    You got money stolen from those punks at BI, possibly with the assistance of SBR, we dont know..now 5Dimes is screwing with you..you said before some people are not meant to acquire money this way..maybe it's time for a break.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

After Central Michigan scored on the opening drive I placed a bet on WKU to score next which they did. Checked my wager and it reads 12/26/12 7:30pm College Football 216 WKU scores next 2nd Half -195* vs CMU scores next

i doubt they changed the wording on you. often during the 1st half they have 2 things. 1- on live betting they have team to score next 2- under regular college football they have halftime props. you probably made the bet under college football (2nd half wagers) and not live betting. i have placed a ton of live wagering with 5dimes over the years. i have had problems with 5dimes over the years. never had them change the wording of a wager after i placed it (to my knowledge).

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDC View Post
    You got money stolen from those punks at BI, possibly with the assistance of SBR, we dont know..now 5Dimes is screwing with you..you said before some people are not meant to acquire money this way..maybe it's time for a break.
    Break hell it is time to quit. I won the wager but that isn't the point. The wager was submitted a hair late and instead of not accepting the wager it was automatically made for the 2nd half.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-26-12 at 10:15 PM.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    i doubt they changed the wording on you. often during the 1st half they have 2 things. 1- on live betting they have team to score next 2- under regular college football they have halftime props. you probably made the bet under college football (2nd half wagers) and not live betting. i have placed a ton of live wagering with 5dimes over the years. i have had problems with 5dimes over the years. never had them change the wording of a wager after i placed it (to my knowledge).
    I'm not infallible so that is a possibility. But why did the wager option for WKU to score "next in 2nd half" disappear from the betting menu until half time? It didn't because it wasn't there to begin with in my humble opinion. Who in their right mind would lay -195 juice on such an iffy prop 5 minutes into the game? The WKU qb could blow his knee out before halftime. There is absolutely no reason to make that bet until halftime arrives. Nevertheless it was a learning experience that did no harm. I will definitely be on guard herein.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-26-12 at 10:15 PM.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

I had 5dimes change a bet on me. I got it voided prior to action, but customer service handled it about as poorly as they possibly could. I made a thread about it here, and Lou rushed to their defense. It changed my opinion of SBR and played a part in me scaling back on the amount of offshore wagering I do. Don't get me wrong, the pros of 5dimes and SBR still far outweigh the cons, but it if the best US facing book treats their customers like garbage/marks and the largest player wathcdog site reflexively bends over backwards for them, it really gives me pause about the state of the industry.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Isaiah

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I had 5dimes change a bet on me. I got it voided prior to action, but customer service handled it about as poorly as they possibly could. I made a thread about it here, and Lou rushed to their defense. It changed my opinion of SBR and played a part in me scaling back on the amount of offshore wagering I do. Don't get me wrong, the pros of 5dimes and SBR still far outweigh the cons, but it if the best US facing book treats their customers like garbage/marks and the largest player wathcdog site reflexively bends over backwards for them, it really gives me pause about the state of the industry.
    Well said Ian, the credibility of all offshore betting and that of SBR is sketchy at best. And thanks for lending credibility to my issue with 5Dimes.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-26-12 at 10:43 PM.

Bumble29
    Bumble29's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well said Ian, the credibility of all offshore betting and that of SBR is sketchy at best. And thanks for lending credibility to my issue with 5Dimes.
    can you tell us the bet Ian, if it was an off market line what they did was perfectly acceptable. I have bet into bad lines with them that you wouldnt know were bad lines until you did some investigation as they were taken from Pinny in small markets and the lines were wrong at Pinny. The wagers were voided and after speaking to people there neither them nor I had any issues.

This was a live in play wager and your OP does not really make sense, I have to think the mistake was on your side.

Sorry I missed a couple posts above, this is extremely simple. This was a live in play in which the wording was supposed to be next in 1st half, they posted it first wrongly at next in 2nd half and thus voided all those who placed that wager. It was your fault for not reading correctly what u bet.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble29 View Post
    can you tell us the bet Ian, if it was an off market line what they did was perfectly acceptable. I have bet into bad lines with them that you wouldnt know were bad lines until you did some investigation as they were taken from Pinny in small markets and the lines were wrong at Pinny. The wagers were voided and after speaking to people there neither them nor I had any issues.

This was a live in play wager and your OP does not really make sense, I have to think the mistake was on your side.

Sorry I missed a couple posts above, this is extremely simple. This was a live in play in which the wording was supposed to be next in 1st half, they posted it first wrongly at next in 2nd half and thus voided all those who placed that wager. It was your fault for not reading correctly what u bet.

Don't know if you are talking to me or Ian. Regarding your last paragraph, if you are talking to me it is you who are wrong. They did not void the bet as they should have. Instead they just turned it into a 2nd half wager. A completely different bet which I would not have made.

Go ahead and alibi further for 5Dimes if you wish. I am moving on.

By the way, don't be so smug, it really turns people here off. Especially when they see that you are a rookie poster (as am I).

Bumble29
    Bumble29's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't know if you are talking to me or Ian. Regarding your last paragraph, if you are talking to me it is you who are wrong. They did not void the bet as they should have. Instead they just turned it into a 2nd half wager. A completely different bet which I would not have made.

Go ahead and alibi further for 5Dimes if you wish. I am moving on.

By the way, don't be so smug, it really turns people here off. Especially when they see that you are a rookie poster (as am I).
    Can you post your account history, he hasnt banned you correct? I would be curious to see the wager and the time stamp.

Ur name isnt Ian, thus the first paragraph I wasnt talking to you. I can be as smug as I want, as I know what I am talking about.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble29 View Post
    Can you post your account history, he hasnt banned you correct? I would be curious to see the wager and the time stamp.

Ur name isnt Ian, thus the first paragraph I wasnt talking to you. I can be as smug as I want, as I know what I am talking about.
    "Post your account history" You seem inordinately interested in defending 5Dimes. What is your relationship with them?

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

"Post your account history" You seem inordinately interested in defending 5Dimes. What is your relationship with them?
    There has been a lot of that going on in here..that 19 yr old kid, i think his name is tto, he has made it obvious that he wants to suck off Bill Dozer and sbr John.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDC View Post
    There has been a lot of that going on in here..that 19 yr old kid, i think his name is tto, he has made it obvious that he wants to suck off Bill Dozer and sbr John.
    Indeed Jason, it is becoming nauseating isn't it.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes will change what side you bet on to cool you off w/o blinkin an eye