Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Couldn't have said it better, Mr. Jones.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    Dark Horse there was once an offshore industry. 2004/2005 you could play with relative safety at 15- 20 or more books. You know that you were around. UIGEA comes along and the choke hold is applied. Dire results didn't happen at once and weren't meant to happen at once.

When the giants of the "industry" left not much of an industry remained. Now maybe 3 good books, a few more that you might count on for a payout today, but unsure of tomorrow. Man there are more watchdog/forum sites than decent books left. Plenty of hustlers, scammers and other bottom feeders left to fight over what doesn't go to the top books. This includes the forum sites. Just a dwindling customer base that can be trusted for them. The forum sites will do what they can to survive and that does not bode well for the average poster/gambler.

Sadly what we have left is not an industry. It is, with a few exceptions. a den of thieves. SBR and other such sites are left with this shell of a crumbing industry. Just look at the banners flying at the other sites. It will be the same here.
    This is 100% correct, this is by for the best post I've read on this situation. Mr. Jones knows what he is talking about. Great post!!!

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Late 90's you could always get a free check overnighted , never a hassle.

McFly86
    McFly86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1971

My favourite part is the spin that "the financer has withdrawn" rather than "player's funds have been stolen".

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    even a Euro book full of "rec" players like 365 which has similar, but likely very different clientele could step up here.
    Euro books have no interest in US players in the current climate.. 365 recently set up operations in Australia, but in Aus as well books have no reason to risk US pressures.
    Last edited by Santo; 12-27-12 at 08:14 PM.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Euro books have no interest in US players in the current climate.. 365 recently set up operations in Australia, but in Aus as well books have no reason to risk US pressures.
    Good point Santo - But there are some B+ looking books that still - to my original point - would still benefit from the marketing. Intertops being another example - Stable book around since day 1... even $0.50 on the dollar would gain MORE than enough value for them. Now we're looking at a 5 year marketing add on of 125k/ year of which they would recoup half of that from the "rec" gamblers in a year or less.

I know my vision isn't perfect - but for the amount we're talking about $500 - $5000 players would surely be grateful for a long period of time compared to what a legit book makes in a 5 year period (of the ones that have been around 5+ years I should say)

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

What a sad state....whate even sader is that I still check-in to a bull shit lying form like this one....Go figure

jcygts6
    Scared $$ Dont make $$
    jcygts6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Dear former Betislands customer,
    After BetIslands ceased operations this week, players have been left wondering about their deposits and winnings and BI employees without a paycheck. While there has been plenty of finger pointing going around, EZ Street has decided to step up and try to help as many people as possible affected by this situation.
    Prior to the closure of BI, we attempted to step in and save it, but we were unable to obtain a proper audit of the nearly 2 million in account balances. There were multiple reasons for this, including poor management and a high number of sharps, bonus manipulators and syndicate players.
    Because of this, a blanket bailout program is not feasible as certain accounts, identities, deposits and balances can never be truly verified. We understand that some will not be happy to hear this, but we want to be upfront so there are no unrealistic expectations.
    We have spent the past week working on details of a possible bailout program. We hope this program will help brighten the holidays for both players and ex-employees.
    We are sending you this invitation email to be a part of the BI Bailout. To help expedite the situation we are offering employment to ex-BI account managers and customer service workers. Please call us at 888 707 6085 and our account managers will guide you through the process. We really want to be able to hear from you and help you in a personalized fashion.
    The Bailout Proposal is as follows:

- Is by invitation only and will be conducted on an account by account basis

- 
Up to 100% of the verifiable balance from BetIslands credited to an EZStreet account (cash not freeplay). Verifiable balances do NOT include previous bonuses and freeplay credits by BI.
    - 
Customer must make a deposit with EZ Street for 50% of their verifiable BetIslands balance.
    - Rollover will be BI balance+ EZ Deposit x 15 times rollover

- Payouts tied to this Bailout will be ineligible for our free Tuesday payout program. Customers have the choice of requesting two P2P transactions or one $2500 check payment per week. after that normal payout rules will apply. 

- All customers that participate in this offer must provide ID and verify contact information to avoid future claims 
as well as for security purposes.

- We reserve the right to terminate this offer without notice, close the account(s) and return player deposit(s) if we find that any professional betting groups, players with multiple accounts or any kind of players conducting fraudulent activities have infiltrated our bailout proposal.
    - We understand it’s a tough time of the year so we will work with those that do not have the 50% deposit please call so we can work with you individually.
    - The bailout offer will expire on Sunday January 20th, 2013.
    We have partnered with the RX sports forum to document that everyone that has been invited to participate has been given everything they were promised in a professional and timely manner. Because so many players have been affected it will take us a few days to get to all of you.
    Happy Holidays!
    Ezstreetsports.com

McFly86

Quote Originally Posted by jcygts6 View Post
    - Rollover will be BI balance+ EZ Deposit x 15 times rollover

LOL seriously?

McFly86

- We reserve the right to terminate this offer without notice, close the account(s) and return player deposit(s) if we find that any professional betting groups, players with multiple accounts or any kind of players conducting fraudulent activities have infiltrated our bailout proposal.

[x] we can freeroll you and seize your money if you're a "professional"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

I just hope there will be a real bailout soon..the one that was discussed by Bill Dozer a few days ago..im not sending a dollar to this sleazystreet book. I hope SBR will give an update soon about those meetings where the bailout was discussed.

JasonDC

SBR, where is the real bail out that you were referring to earlier?[/QUOTE]

Id like to know the answer of this question myself.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17069

A bailout offer should not include any deposit whatsoever--that's why it's a BAILOUT. If your ship is nearly sunk, why would you consider taking on 50% more water first? Funny thing, I played with EZ 18 months ago and was paid everytime quickly, but this seems shady as hell--especially with ex-BI thieves incorporated into the mix. PASS!
    Points Awarded:

Kindred gave HedgeHog 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Problem: you are a book with too many sharps. The rest are profitable.

Solution: "go bust", transfer only the profitable rec players to "another book" and stiff the rest.

All very neat - except it's a little obvious to see that this other book works out of the same building, employs the same people, and clearly was more than connected beforehand (thus why betislands assumed their 42k cory1111 debt).
    Points Awarded:

lecubs28 gave HeeeHAWWWW 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mr. Jones gave HeeeHAWWWW 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KGambler gave HeeeHAWWWW 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wtt0315, Mr. Jones, and KGambler

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

They are going to freeroll you. If you win a lot, they will invoke this clause and just give you back what you deposited.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Problem: you are a book with too many sharps. The rest are profitable.

Solution: "go bust", transfer only the profitable rec players to "another book" and stiff the rest.

All very neat - except it's a little obvious to see that this other book works out of the same building, employs the same people, and clearly was more than connected beforehand (thus why betislands assumed their 42k cory1111 debt).

pgaromes82
    pgaromes82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Hello fellas, I am new to this forum but have been on covers for awhile. You guys have a lot of good insights and info so I decided to join to put my 2 cents in. I heard about EZSTREET'S bailout plan. Really 15X rollover? Is that really a bailout? We will work with you on the deposit lLOL Like how? May I deposit NOTHING. I hope there is something better than that. I will never see my $$$. But at least there is some hope.
    Last edited by pgaromes82; 12-28-12 at 09:51 AM.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

what an absolute farce this is

Dear former Betislands customer,
    After BetIslands ceased operations this week, players have been left wondering about their deposits and winnings and BI employees without a paycheck. While there has been plenty of finger pointing going around, EZ Street has decided to step up and try to help as many people as possible affected by this situation.
    more accurately, this should say "EZ Street has decided not to actually help anybody at all, but to opportunistically squeeze more out of as many losing players as possible affected by this situation"
    Prior to the closure of BI, we attempted to step in and save it, but we were unable to obtain a proper audit of the nearly 2 million in account balances. There were multiple reasons for this, including poor management and a high number of sharps, bonus manipulators and syndicate players.
    Should say "Prior to the closure of BI, we attempted to simply close sharp accounts and rob them, but we were unable to seize nearly 2 million in account balances without greatly hurting our credibility. Thus we simply closed all accounts, claimed to have no money to pay them, then invited all the profitable accounts to our sister book. There are multiple people that will be ****** over by this, including anyone who has a clue what they are doing"
    Because of this, a blanket bailout program is not feasible as certain accounts, identities, deposits and balances can never be truly verified. We understand that some will not be happy to hear this, but we want to be upfront so there are no unrealistic expectations.
    We have spent the past week working on details of a possible bailout program.
    Because of this, a blanket bailout program is not feasible as it would defeat the purpose of stealing from certain accounts, identities, deposits and balances. We understand that we've blatantly stole and you will be ******* pissed off, but we want to be clear that we don't actually give a ****.
    We have spent the past months working on this scam.

We hope this program will help brighten the holidays for both players and ex-employees.
    We are aware that we've ruined the holidays for both players and ex-employees, but we are selfish pricks and don't care.

We are sending you this invitation email to be a part of the BI Bailout. To help expedite the situation we are offering employment to ex-BI account managers and customer service workers. Please call us at 888 707 6085 and our account managers will guide you through the process. We really want to be able to hear from you and help you in a personalized fashion.
    We are sending you this invitation email because you're a dogshit bettor. Because we are the exact same company, we are offering employment to ex-BI account managers and customer service workers. Please call us at 888 707 6085 and our account managers will help to take more of your money. We really want to be able to steal even more money in this scam.

The Bailout Proposal is as follows:

- Is by invitation only and will be conducted on an account by account basis
    - Is by invitation only and targets only the losing accounts
    - We reserve the right to steal even more from you if you actually win.
    Happy Holidays!
    Ezstreetsports.com
    Go penetrate Yourselves!
    EZstreetsports.com, formerly know as Betislands.ag
    Points Awarded:

Mr. Jones gave lecubs28 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lyon804 gave lecubs28 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

^^^^

Its so sickening that this can happen at any book at any time

Man this really is the end of it all

TryingMyBest
    TryingMyBest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

If the terms given by EZ came from a reputable book, I would have no problem with them at all. Legends, 5dimes, BM, DSI would all have my $2800 tomorrow. You'd have to be a complete moron to not see what's going on here, though

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by TryingMyBest View Post
    If the terms given by EZ came from a reputable book, I would have no problem with them at all. Legends, 5dimes, BM, DSI would all have my $2800 tomorrow. You'd have to be a complete moron to not see what's going on here, though
    This won't stop shameless shills like raiders, boatboatboat, rayray, and others, from trying to con the naive and gullible into accepting this "bailout" ripoff.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by lecubs28 View Post
    what an absolute farce this is

more accurately, this should say "EZ Street has decided not to actually help anybody at all, but to opportunistically squeeze more out of as many losing players as possible affected by this situation"
    Should say "Prior to the closure of BI, we attempted to simply close sharp accounts and rob them, but we were unable to seize nearly 2 million in account balances without greatly hurting our credibility. Thus we simply closed all accounts, claimed to have no money to pay them, then invited all the profitable accounts to our sister book. There are multiple people that will be ****** over by this, including anyone who has a clue what they are doing"
    Because of this, a blanket bailout program is not feasible as it would defeat the purpose of stealing from certain accounts, identities, deposits and balances. We understand that we've blatantly stole and you will be ******* pissed off, but we want to be clear that we don't actually give a ****.
    We have spent the past months working on this scam.

We are aware that we've ruined the holidays for both players and ex-employees, but we are selfish pricks and don't care.

We are sending you this invitation email because you're a dogshit bettor. Because we are the exact same company, we are offering employment to ex-BI account managers and customer service workers. Please call us at 888 707 6085 and our account managers will help to take more of your money. We really want to be able to steal even more money in this scam.

- Is by invitation only and targets only the losing accounts
    - We reserve the right to steal even more from you if you actually win.

Go penetrate Yourselves!
    EZstreetsports.com, formerly know as Betislands.ag
    Dead on accurate.

harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

Tell me this isn't the "solution" Sbr was speaking of. I haven't received an e-mail so apparantly I am ineligible to be scammed again. Poor me.

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by harvesters View Post
    Tell me this isn't the "solution" Sbr was speaking of. I haven't received an e-mail so apparantly I am ineligible to be scammed again. Poor me.
    SBR said this is not the deal that was being discussed..But, they haven't said anything more about the deal they were talking about..If by some chance anyone from SBR happens to read this we would all love to know whats happening with this bailout that was discussed in the meetings on dec 24th.

TryingMyBest

Quote Originally Posted by harvesters View Post
    If this is the reputable book John spoke of, my head will officially explode. 99% this is not it, but I've convinced myself I don't know anything anymore

TryingMyBest

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDC View Post
    SBR said this is not the deal that was being discussed..But, they haven't said anything more about the deal they were talking about..If by some chance anyone from SBR happens to read this we would all love to know whats happening with this bailout that was discussed in the meetings on dec 24th.
    Yes, for all us children who need to be told there is no Santa Claus instead of just figuring it out, an update would be nice

JasonDC

If this is the reputable book John spoke of, my head will officially explode. 99% this is not it, but I've convinced myself I don't know anything anymore
    He already said on one of the threads this is not the deal they were discussing.

JasonDC

Yes, for all us children who need to be told there is no Santa Claus instead of just figuring it out, an update would be nice
    Id like to think our chances of getting help in this matter are better than us getting presents from Santa Claus..but maybe im just naive.

jcygts6
    Scared $$ Dont make $$
    jcygts6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

You play with shit books you end up with shit all over your hands.

HedgeHog

You play with shit books you end up with shit all over your hands.
    A brilliant quote of another A-Hole, 5D's Tony. Easy to say a Book is shitty after the fact (BI was rated B up to the bitter end).

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    A brilliant quote of another A-Hole, 5D's Tony. Easy to say a Book is shitty after the fact (BI was rated B up to the bitter end).
    That cokk sukker is going to get what he has coming to him..these books are going to start going down, even the A rated ones..even though i have played at 5dimes i have never had any interaction with him but i have read enough to know this guy is a jerk who needs his ass kicked..i have this feeling that some of these people who operate these offshore books are going to start getting shit on their hands pretty soon.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Some illogical stuff .........get mad at tony because he a so called jerk but pays like clockwork.....but Jon was nice but stole all you fools money!...I take the so called jerk!

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Some illogical stuff .........get mad at tony because he a so called jerk but pays like clockwork.....but Jon was nice but stole all you fools money!...I take the so called jerk!
    I agree that just because a person like Jon is nice doesnt mean he is trustworthy or a good person, but Tony is a prick, if you cant follow the logic then you obviously dont know how he treats people..he is an ass, period..it's possible you dont get it because you are an ass, i dont know. It's great that Tony pays his customers on time when they win and i appreciate that..but that doesn't excuse you from being judged on how you treat people.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Wasn't my point. Tony called BI a shitty Book AFTER they folded--now posters are quoting him like he's a genius. But yes, I'd obviously rather have 10k in 5D rather than BI now.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Wasn't my point. Tony called BI a shitty Book AFTER they folded--now posters are quoting him like he's a genius. But yes, I'd obviously rather have 10k in 5D rather than BI now.
    Ok I can see that....he did say after the fact!!!

First ... 3456789 ... Last