pgaromes82
    pgaromes82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

I was asking osga.com about how viable was the Ezstreet option. They said it was basically for guys who had a couple 100 in there account. The rollover was too big for most people because their balances were high. First it would take a lot to deposit and second the rollover amount would be absurd. Then I told them i didn't get an invitation. He said "Well, you're the guy nobody wants!" I was like wow!!! Can't believe he said that. I spend a lot in gambling a year. I'm sure somebody will want my action lol. Just thought I would share that story. Good little article on osga.com website about that EZ bailout if anybody wants to read it. Interesting anyways. Again thanks guys for your hard work.

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

The betislands threads are unusually quiet today, i guess everybody is waiting to hear about this bailout news that might be coming tomorrow.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exactly right.

pgaromes82
    pgaromes82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

The anticipation lol

pensfan1919
    pensfan1919's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2328

The betislands threads are unusually quiet today, i guess everybody is waiting to hear about this bailout news that might be coming tomorrow.
    You mean the same way BI players were all going to get paid on that one Monday?

You need to stop blindly believing everything people tell you, including SBR.

A bailout may or may not come- who knows?

I'd doubt it personally but you never know.

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by pgaromes82 View Post
    The anticipation lol
    When it comes to things related to sports betting anticipation often leads to disappointment for me..im hoping tomorrow will be different and there will be some good news..having my money stolen pretty much ruined my Christmas even though i tried hard not to let it, getting some good news would make this weekends NFL playoffs a lot more fun to watch.

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    When do you expect SBR to explain all that happened with the BI collapse?
    This is a very valid question

any chance this gets answered soon?

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought SBR employees were not allowed to bet with offshore books , when did this change ?

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan1919 View Post
    You mean the same way BI players were all going to get paid on that one Monday?

You need to stop blindly believing everything people tell you, including SBR.

A bailout may or may not come- who knows?

I'd doubt it personally but you never know.
    Everything you said in your post was obvious..nobody is blindly believing anything that SBR says, i could probably count on one hand the amount of people who has any trust in SBR at this point, but they said there could be an update Friday so thats all we have.

You said a bailout may or may not come- No shit! thanks for the information. You personally doubt that it will come? i dont care about anybodys opinion anymore, i want to hear from the people who know whats going on. There are a couple people who have received some info that have made them optimistic, all i can do is wait and see.

TryingMyBest
    TryingMyBest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    Bookmaker is almost sure one of them. Because 1) They take pro actions 2) They already have BI winning players playing there and can check if they are net winner or loser. I would bet that with their advanced counter-measure, and full juice everywhere, they see most of "sharps" were not winning much, if win any at all, at their book.
    This is an excellent point. I was listed on BI's sharp list. I killed BI, Betmania, SIA, Bovada, Justbet, and other rec books with gimmicky promotions. I am down at Bookmaker and down at 5dimes. Noticing at pattern?

toma7812
    toma7812's Avatar Become A Pro!

1st time i decided to post betislands

I was always a lurker never really wanted to post here. I just saw my account on the betisland sheet. It had all my deposits for nov thru dec. Wow I thought they would stay in business according to sbr. If Sbr, knew they should have said something,it would have saved me some money. I had a zero balance because I lost and sent more money in to get the 100% free play. Shawn or Ryan whatever his name was kept telling me that they were ok and just check SBR... Wow.. I want my money back... I wonder if there is a bailout does anybody know how it would effect me since I kept sending in money and would have never been paid.. I did send an email to sbr and they said they would get back to me. I guess I am in the same boat... Where is Obama at...

toma7812
    toma7812's Avatar Become A Pro!

what happens to guys that had a zero balance but made deposits from nov thru dec.. even when they were not going to pay people... any hope

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by toma7812 View Post
    what happens to guys that had a zero balance but made deposits from nov thru dec.. even when they were not going to pay people... any hope
    Are you fukking serious? you are hoping to get money back when you have a Zero balance because they WOULD have stiffed you? this is one of the funniest posts i have ever read...you have no chance of getting anything..and you dont deserve anything, your balance is zero.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

...yes, toma, i hope they pay you something too...i was going to post up again and im sure i would have busted out...i wonder if they will reimburse me for what i was thinking of depositing...its only fair...do the right thing here guys...

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

I'm confident the bailout will cover your ending balance too. Hopefully the rollover on that figure won't be too much of a hardship for you.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Check your junk mail folder. EZ should have already sent you a bailout offer.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

I can't believe threads like this are still going on.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    you're probably also one of the guys that can't believe anyone would have more than a few hundred in their account

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Yet you felt the need to post in the thread..as if anyone cares what you think.

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

Obama is currently on Air Force 1

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by Fosdi1ck View Post
    what sane person would take on 1.5 mil of liability
    After the rollovers are met it wouldnt be anywhere close to 1.5 million..they would get a lot of great free advertising by all the sites reporting who it was that gave the BI players a bailout...all of the people they bailed out would be playing with them in the future..in the big picture i think it would be a good business decision...but none of this shit matters anymore, this debate has been had for weeks about whether or not it makes sense for a book to do this..SBR said they should have an update tomorrow..so hopefully we get some real information instead of opinions.

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I'm confident the bailout will cover your ending balance too. Hopefully the rollover on that figure won't be too much of a hardship for you.

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by chino08 View Post
    Obama is currently on Air Force 1
    Dont pick on the mentally challenged.

combination lock
    combination lock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

Boy I really hope you guys hear some good news soon.

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by combination lock View Post
    Boy I really hope you guys hear some good news soon.
    Im sure a lot of people do..so we will finally shut up lol.

JasonDC

I came across a website called ************** and there was an article titled 'What SBR should do to remedy the betislands fiasco'..this website could very well have an agenda but the article was an interesting read..In this article they mentioned that it doesnt look like a bailout is coming for the players, maybe SBR can shut some people up by helping arrange a bailout. We will see.

Today is Friday..hope we can get that update that Bill Dozer mentioned about a possible bailout.
    Last edited by JasonDC; 01-11-13 at 03:27 AM.

HedgeHog

I read the same article at amer-icas boo-kie forum (SBR censors their name here to prevent us from providing links). Good read about the greed and corruption of SBR, which weeks later takes zero responsibilty for the BI fiasco they were instrumental in creating.

woodsy5822
    woodsy5822's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1212

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDC View Post
    Are you fukking serious? you are hoping to get money back when you have a Zero balance because they WOULD have stiffed you? this is one of the funniest posts i have ever read...you have no chance of getting anything..and you dont deserve anything, your balance is zero.

disagree with you completely.. you deposit to win money not for a donation.. and thats what it turned out to be.. a donation to JONS pocket.. people should be entitled to their deposits back also.. it wont happen.. but not fair to seperate yourself from people in this boat.. EVERYBODY got screwed not just people with balances.. its just that some people got screwed more than others..

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by woodsy5822 View Post
    disagree with you completely.. you deposit to win money not for a donation.. and thats what it turned out to be.. a donation to JONS pocket.. people should be entitled to their deposits back also.. it wont happen.. but not fair to seperate yourself from people in this boat.. EVERYBODY got screwed not just people with balances.. its just that some people got screwed more than others..
    0 balance because BI failed to credit those deposits? Or because of losing? Big difference. Only toma knows, others are just joking.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HedgeHog

raydog

Mother of god... the idiot thinks because he gambled away what he deposited, he deserves deposits back since he wouldnt have gotten any money if he won...im trying to be nice and bite my tongue, but man there are some seriously fukking ignorant people on this board...

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    Mother of god... the idiot thinks because he gambled away what he deposited, he deserves deposits back since he wouldnt have gotten any money if he won...im trying to be nice and bite my tongue, but man there are some seriously fukking ignorant people on this board...
    Ray:

WT is saying the same thing you are. He said there's a big difference between people that have a 0 balance because deposits weren't credited and those at 0 because they went bust.

PS It's all moot anyway after SBR likely announces that there will be no bailout.

Dwayne74
    Dwayne74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

I spoke with a couple people late last night and they both told me not to expect any major bailout news today. Things take longer in costa rica and this ordeal will be drawn out over the next month minimum. Both these sources also reiterated that sbr has been actively attempting to structure a bailout deal for bi players. The hold up and why we have not had a bailout deal yet is twofold, one sbr is looking to profit from any deal and certain books are balking at their demands and two, there are a lot of different players in this game and many different motivations for moving things slowly. As someone new to this forum, people have to understand two major things about this situation are sbr wields consider negotiating power and could easily set up a bailout deal to help their players using the combined leverage of their hefty affiliate packages and huge advertising power. The other thing is there are several books who currently are not paid advertisers at sbr who are well run, reputable books whose rating is downgraded here simply because they do not wish to paythe ransom sbr charges to grant favorable ratings, and bailout offers have already come from a couple books that fit this description. At this point i am very confident after speaking with a variety of people in cr that a bailout deal is within reach and very easily attainable and the only thing holding it up is sbr trying to profit from a difficult situation for all involved. I will continue to update if i hear anything new and for all the stiffed bi players, i implore you to keep fighting for your money.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne74 View Post
    I spoke with a couple people late last night and they both told me not to expect any major bailout news today. Things take longer in costa rica and this ordeal will be drawn out over the next month minimum. Both these sources also reiterated that sbr has been actively attempting to structure a bailout deal for bi players. The hold up and why we have not had a bailout deal yet is twofold, one sbr is looking to profit from any deal and certain books are balking at their demands and two, there are a lot of different players in this game and many different motivations for moving things slowly. As someone new to this forum, people have to understand two major things about this situation are sbr wields consider negotiating power and could easily set up a bailout deal to help their players using the combined leverage of their hefty affiliate packages and huge advertising power. The other thing is there are several books who currently are not paid advertisers at sbr who are well run, reputable books whose rating is downgraded here simply because they do not wish to paythe ransom sbr charges to grant favorable ratings, and bailout offers have already come from a couple books that fit this description. At this point i am very confident after speaking with a variety of people in cr that a bailout deal is within reach and very easily attainable and the only thing holding it up is sbr trying to profit from a difficult situation for all involved. I will continue to update if i hear anything new and for all the stiffed bi players, i implore you to keep fighting for your money.
    Sounds right - dozer/Lou/John have yet to refute that they are trying to get their cut in any bailout - prob trying for one last $$$ grab before this site takes a huge hit after this scandal

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne74 View Post
    its really hard for books to concentrate on anything besides football this month...i wouldnt really expect any real news/anything to happen until after the superbowl...if it ever does

again, if a book wants to offer a bail out, it doesnt need sbr's approval...so the idea that sbr is "blocking" a deal is kind of out there...i can def. see them wanting a piece of the pie, but a book is by no means under any obligation to even involve sbr.

reddog61
    reddog61's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Just a few thoughts....
    I am sure most of the bettors who got stung in the BI shutdown most likely have accounts with the more reputable books and therefore these guys would have no reason to bail them out as they already have these guys as customers anyway. My thoughts are the only books that may step up to the plate would be smaller books looking for the players and frankly not sure you would want to deposit at these books anyway. As for SBR looking for a peice of the action, well of course they are this is their player list just like Covers couldn't get a buyout for the Beted fiasco as they also wanted to be compensated for it, not the right thing to do but greed outweighs morality! It is an unfortunate thing that all you guys lost your hard earned money but I would be very careful about jumping on the bailout bandwagon were it to occur. I would definately research whomever it is and really take a hard look at the offer.

Good luck fellas I hope this all works out for you and the benefit of offshore gaming.....

First ... 6789101112 ... Last