C Legends
    C- Bovado

All books have some major risk so no one is an A

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Quote Originally Posted by losemyloot View Post

All books have some major risk so no one is an A
    Not so much with the Bitcoin books. You don't have to keep a balance. Money in-->Wager-->Money out. I understand why the BTC price volatility may keep some professionals away, but it seems like a great solution for the recreational bettors.

vegasinfom
    vegasinfom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Youwager

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

I am surprised noone said Rebatewager. Have never had a problem with them and they always have paid me every single time. Once for $15000 .Took 3 weeks at $5000 a week but that is fine.Also like Bookmaker because of the Points system.Both books have good limits at the moment. RW even gave me a nice Xmas bonus did not get anything from any other books.

losemyloot
    Update your status
    losemyloot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    I am surprised noone said Rebatewager. Have never had a problem with them and they always have paid me every single time. Once for $15000 .Took 3 weeks at $5000 a week but that is fine.Also like Bookmaker because of the Points system.Both books have good limits at the moment. RW even gave me a nice Xmas bonus did not get anything from any other books.

I have heard good things about rebatewager as well but they have only been around for 5 years. People said the same thing about betislands as far as paying everytime. They are also invite only.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

Quote Originally Posted by losemyloot View Post
    I have heard good things about rebatewager as well but they have only been around for 5 years. People said the same thing about betislands as far as paying everytime. They are also invite only.
    True but was'nt BI only around for like a year or so. At least at 5 years i feel better on that . Did not even realize they were invite only now though.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    True but was'nt BI only around for like a year or so. At least at 5 years i feel better on that . Did not even realize they were invite only now though.
    They became invite only in the spring. They said all along that once they got enough customers, they were going to become invite only. But I agree, RW flies under the radar. Unlike BI, RW didn't offer ridiculous bonuses and perks to attract customers. That alone makes me feel a little safer.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i dont think you need an invite to heritage anymore.

i like youwager right now, good rewards system for the casual bettor like myself. i wish their mobile app didnt have lag time but i like their internet site. their teasers could be a little more adventurous but its solid all around so far.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Heritage and 5Dimes.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7720

I have had accounts with Justbet and Guardian for 7 years without any complaints, not as many flashy bonuses, but they are strong books.

paw
    paw's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would stay away from anyone but 5 dimes and Bookmaker Period.

All of the rest of them could fly the coup anytime on ya.

Going with a smaller book has too much risk vs reward.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7720

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    I would stay away from anyone but 5 dimes and Bookmaker Period.

All of the rest of them could fly the coup anytime on ya.

Going with a smaller book has too much risk vs reward.
    Good point if I don't win with Guardian and Justbet, Im going back to 5 dimes and their sister "betanysports".

Undefeated77
    Undefeated77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
    Not so much with the Bitcoin books. You don't have to keep a balance. Money in-->Wager-->Money out. I understand why the BTC price volatility may keep some professionals away, but it seems like a great solution for the recreational bettors.
    Can you list the top Bit Coin books here please?

waldroprob
    waldroprob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 915

btcsportsbet.com is the oldest bitcoin book around, have used them with no problems but it's pretty much full juice.

btcsportsmatch.com is like a hybrid exchange. You don't set your own prices like matchbook/betfair, but everything is matched at current true vig free odds and you only pay 1% on winnings. Really much cheaper in the long run and action has been pretty good there recently.

Allen24
    Allen24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Anyone like or dislike legends?

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
    how do you spend bitcoins? i was reading that very few sites take them

Alluvada143
    Alluvada143's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

5dimes
    Legends
    heritage

That's it baby!!!

elgreco

Yea, as of now there aren't really that many retail sites that accept Bitcoins, but the number is slowly growing. For now most transactions are person to person, either through a forum like www.bitcointalk.org or just among nerdy friends.

But you don't really need to "spend" them, they are great for moving money from point A to point B with hardly any fees.

If you were interested in trying out any bitcoin books, here's how i would do it.

1.) Open up an online wallet at www.blockchain.info
    2.) Fund it through www.bitinstant.com. (All you have to do is deposit cash at a local bank into their account #)
    3.) Try out www.btcsportsbet.com or www.btcsportsmatch.com (The beauty is that you don't have to keep a balance if you don't want to. Deposit money to wager for the day, wager, pull it out at night.)
    4.) For withdraws I use www.mtgox.com as my exchange, and Dwolla as my processor. It takes a little while to get verified in order to withdraw. But you can keep your balance in USD while thats going on in case you are worried about the volatility of BTC.

Thats pretty much it. If you live in an area with bitcoin enthusiasts, you can also trade them on the street at www.localbitcoins.com

Please don't forget that Bitcoin prices have been historically very volatile. Be very aware of that when you choose how many to buy. (http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgo...zm1g10zm2g25zv)

Let me know if I can help any further.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    how do you spend bitcoins? i was reading that very few sites take them

doiupc
    doiupc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

OK, I know some of this is going to sound silly, but bear with me.

1. If I want to test the waters with the bitcoin sites, what is the minimum wager for most of them?
    2. I tend to get rather OCD and meticulous with placing bets. From what I've seen, it looks like you can only place a bet for 1 bitcoin, 2 bitcoins, etc. Do those sites allow you to place a bet for (for example) 1.52 bitcoins or any sort of decimal amount?

elgreco

The minimum wager is normally 1BTC, but one of the guys at bitcointalk.org says he emailed them for lower minimums.

As far as partial bitcoins, sure you can. I've never tried hundredths, 1.53, for example, but it will take tenths: 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by doiupc View Post
    OK, I know some of this is going to sound silly, but bear with me.

1. If I want to test the waters with the bitcoin sites, what is the minimum wager for most of them?
    2. I tend to get rather OCD and meticulous with placing bets. From what I've seen, it looks like you can only place a bet for 1 bitcoin, 2 bitcoins, etc. Do those sites allow you to place a bet for (for example) 1.52 bitcoins or any sort of decimal amount?

First 12