rasetsu99
    rasetsu99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Heads Up on Bovada

This is just a heads up to check your account(s) that you deposit with at Bovada. I've been depositing with Bovada/Bodog for about the last 10 years and this is the first time I've had fraud on a card I deposit with them.

The card I use is dedicated to only depositing money with Bovada, so it has never been used anywhere else. So today I looked at the account and there were 2 charges at Itunes. One charge for 29.99 and another for 49.99. So one of their payment processors or Bovada itself has been compromised.

Make sure you look at your accounts before you have a ton of charges racked up.

This is not a knock on Bovada, it is a heads up for anyone depositing there to check their accounts the next couple of weeks.

jb456223
    jb456223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Have you contacted them to confirm? I am not sure what you deposit amounts are but if you sometimes deposit 30$ and 50$ it could be a description error. Card processors process transactions for hundreds of different companies and it be that the worker uploading the batch of transactions for Bovada uploaded the file in the wrong account which is why you see itunes on your statement rather then there normal description. It is best to check with them before reversing any payments incase it was a processing error so your card does not get blocked forever.

Bovada Service
    bovada
    Bovada Service's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11289

Hey rasetsu99,

The security of our players' accounts is of the utmost importance, and we’d like to look into this immediately. Please PM us your Bovada Account Number or email address, and we'll have someone contact you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bovada Service

rasetsu99
    rasetsu99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by jb456223 View Post
    Have you contacted them to confirm? I am not sure what you deposit amounts are but if you sometimes deposit 30$ and 50$ it could be a description error. Card processors process transactions for hundreds of different companies and it be that the worker uploading the batch of transactions for Bovada uploaded the file in the wrong account which is why you see itunes on your statement rather then there normal description. It is best to check with them before reversing any payments incase it was a processing error so your card does not get blocked forever.
    My deposits have not been any lower than $250 as bovada was giving the 100% match bonus every day for last 10 days. So I am 99.9% sure that it's not a bovada transaction.

Since the bovada person wants me to associate my account with my SBR account, has anyone here ever experienced repercussions with a provider based on comments made on this site. I am afraid if I associate the two, then if I make bad comments about Bovada later on, I may get banned, or limited, etc at Bovada. Can you guys tell me if it's safe of not to give Bovada Service my info?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

You'll be fine. There are people at Bovada who are there to help.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Everyone that is an SBR PRO is associated with an account somewhere. And they are brutally honest about books day to day. Youll be fine.