Gradius
    Gradius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 625

Depositing at 5Dimes

I have registered at 5Dimes, and as I was going to make a deposit through the processor, I noticed that while 5Dimes says it uses encryption (thawte SSL), the page doesn't show https and it doesn't have the lock that you see when going into a secure page (where the address bar is). I just wanted to know if it was still safe to go through with the deposit. I have read SBR review that 5Dimes was secure, but the website not showing https on the address bar or the lock sign is a big deal to me.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

They're using a 3rd party processor who's SSL encrypted. Since 5D's is not storing your CC information in any shape or form, their page is not secured and that's why you're not seeing the https header.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    They're using a 3rd party processor who's SSL encrypted. Since 5D's is not storing your CC information in any shape or form, their page is not secured and that's why you're not seeing the https header.

Gradius

Ahh... I understand. Thanks, Russian Rocket.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Our account number and login are submitted to 5 Dimes every time we log in , unencrypted.

This is not good.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Our account number and login are submitted to 5 Dimes every time we log in , unencrypted.

This is not good.
    that has nothing to do with processing a CC through their site.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

5dimes limits CC deposits to $250 until the fourth, anyone know how long you have to wait to deposit again? Can I just make two immediate consecutive $250 deposits?

Niwrad
    Niwrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I believe the limit resets after 24 hours. At least that was the case for me a few weeks ago.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Niwrad View Post
    I believe the limit resets after 24 hours. At least that was the case for me a few weeks ago.
    Thanks

Gradius

This is a about a week late, but I tried depositing using a DC through the processor and it rejected it and told me to call customer service (all the information was correct). I talked to customer service and it was clear the rejection was due to the bank I use. I got a call the next day from fraud prevention and they wanted to know if that was me making the payment. I said yes, and they told me that I could try making the payment again. I tried making the deposit again (a couple days later) and the processor was still rejecting it, giving the same error code. I'm not sure what I should do next, although here are some options I think I might do:

-Call my bank and tell them I am going to make an international purchase on a specific day and have the bank green light it.

-Use a bigger bank to make a deposit (while the previous bank that I was using to make deposits isn't small, it isn't a giant like WF, Chase, BkofAm).

-Use another route like P2P.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Gradius all 3 options that you're listed should work for ya. I've used prepaid cards and cards from major institutions with no problems - each time it got rejected I just had to call the bank to authorize an international transaction. Now I don't know what their guidelines are on to within what time frame you have to call. I normally would call within the first 30min, then go back to retry and it would always go through.
    ...sometimes I would retry it with the bank on the line, so they can see and authorize the transaction right then on the spot.
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 11-13-12 at 09:14 PM.

Gradius

I tried the first option yesterday, my main bank won't go through with the transaction, even when I insisted. I would think with a smaller bank (2 Billion market cap), they wouldn't mind.

The other bank that I use is WF. I know they are a large bank, but I'm not sure if they will react the same way as my other bank did (although from reading some posts here, they probably won't mind). I'm thinking about doing P2P next, but I'll have to weigh my options.