jasont50
    jasont50's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookies not paying up

im wondering if actually any bookies pay up atall. worldbet took everything i had off me , betclick now taken another £800 for no reason , does anyone ever actually get paid off anybody ???

cmerunoveru
    cmerunoveru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Getting paid from the poker rooms i play in, one of wich is bodog, and they have a preety good book. U might want to try them.

Skalatharx
    Skalatharx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jasont50 View Post
    im wondering if actually any bookies pay up atall. worldbet took everything i had off me , betclick now taken another £800 for no reason , does anyone ever actually get paid off anybody ???
    Why do you guys use these shit books??

I just use pinny and matchbook thats it, zero problems with either

scoob40
    scoob40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1429

WSEX is doing all they can to be labeled a "shit book" these days.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

matchbook isn't having the same problems as wsex, i don't why but all the complaints are against wsex not matchbook, even though they are part of the same company

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

Why don't you send a copy of your passport to Betlclick instead of your swimming diploma?

Never had a problem with that book, apart from their limits if you win too much.
    They've recently purchased shares in bet-at-home and Expekt, not a scam operation at all.

jasont50

well mr toit from above it wasnt a diploma i sent them it was an id card but they told me it wasnt allowed to send that , i dont have a passport so couldnt send them it .

Toit
    Trust me.

well mr toit from above it wasnt a diploma i sent them it was an id card but they told me it wasnt allowed to send that , i dont have a passport so couldnt send them it .
    Are you under age perhaps?
    Otherwise it might be an option to apply for a passport and get your money in a few weeks time.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

About the passport.....for example in the European Union you don't need one to cross any borders between member countries (which means the bigger part of Europe), just an I.D. card.....for this reason, many people here doesn't have a passport - simply don't need it.
    Also applying for a passport - and receiving it can take abt. a month here, so I can understand janos50 in this matter....

Toit
    Trust me.

If applying for a passport is the only way to get his 800€ then I think it's worth the wait.

I find it hard to believe that Betclick doesn't accept an official identity card though.

This is in their T&C's:

To protect both the customers and itself against identity fraud, the company reserves the right to request, at any time, satisfactory proof of identity with a photo (copies of a valid passport / identity card and/or any payment cards used) and proof of address (recent utility bill or bank statement). Failure to supply such documentation may result in suspension of the account.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

The whole buisenes is in trouble.

They must pay YOU.
    They must pay SBR.
    They must pay their advertisement
    They must pay their managers.

This whole buiseness sucks... including SBR

Toit
    Trust me.

People that try to cheat bookies suck as well, Moony.
    They **** it up for the rest of us.

I do feel sort of sorry for an enthousiastic under aged kid that manages to win some money though, only to find out that he has to submit a scanned copy of something that proves his age and identity.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but it smells like it.

jasont50

the problem is in the uk we dont have official id cards and i dont have a passport or driving licence , so i sent betclick a card with my photo , name and address on it also a bank statement and copies of debit card . Also considering they have a base in london england i wouldnt need to even send anything to them considering you dont need to for other bookmakers here , im certainly not under age . i thought the bank statement and debit card would be more than enough , what difference does it make what you look like anyway .

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

the problem is in the uk we dont have official id cards and i dont have a passport or driving licence , so i sent betclick a card with my photo , name and address on it also a bank statement and copies of debit card . Also considering they have a base in london england i wouldnt need to even send anything to them considering you dont need to for other bookmakers here , im certainly not under age . i thought the bank statement and debit card would be more than enough , what difference does it make what you look like anyway .
    why not just get a passport and be done with it.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jason, if this is true, why not just ask if they will accept a copy of your birth certificate together with official photo ID?

Not sure what you've got as photo ID - for whatever reason you're still just saying "a card", whereas it would really help us if you were able to say exactly what you sent them.

Explain it to BetClick and ask what they'd accept along with your birth certificate. They really are a reasonable bookie (and I say that having had to send them my ID twice for a withdrawal under £50!). One idea: do you have a credit card with your photo on it (mine has it, but I don't know how many companies do that)?

ETA: You asked why they want to see what you look like. My guess is that it's harder to fake official photo ID than ID without a photo. You have to see it from the bookie's point of view too; they're trying to ensure that all of their customers are legitimate - not opening multiple accounts, taking multiple bonuses, etc. One of the only ways they can do this is to require a very narrow range of ID to be produced when someone wishes to cash out. So, even if they say it has to be a passport (for example), it's not because they're trying to rip you off - they're just trying to protect themselves, and you might just be better off getting a passport as NOYB suggested.
    Last edited by AimingHigh; 06-19-09 at 04:02 AM.

jasont50

It wont matter now if i get a passport because my account wont be reopened its closed permantly they have told me , ive sent 10 emails and made 5 phone calls to them this week explaining things but they wont have it . This is what happened
    I sent them a front and back debit card , a bank statement and id card which wasnt an official one and thats why they shut my account calling it a fraudalent account , i would never ever try and commit any wrong but they wont allow it . They could have given me a little time to get a passport but they wont . So theyve kept all the money i have in the account and thats the end of the matter they say and wished me a pleasant day .

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last time and then I give up:
    1. What PARTICULAR ID did you give them? (For example: was it a library card? a video rental card? a "prove it" proof of age card? your membership for your local city's sports facilities? - I'm including this in case you genuinely don't understand what I mean by "particular"). Did it have a photo? Did it have your date of birth? Is it government-issued? UK-government issued?

2. Do the names on the ID you gave, the debit card, and the utility bill match exactly? Does the address on the utility bill match exactly that on your debit card? Does the name, date of birth, and address on your account match exactly what was on the ID, debit card, and utility bill you provided?

It's just hard to believe that an otherwise-sound bookie - I really don't know anyone who's been scammed by them - would just choose to keep your money. If you give us some details, we can help. But you keep leaving out the critical information, namely the answer to 1. above.
    Last edited by AimingHigh; 06-19-09 at 08:04 AM.

jasont50

oh sorry well the id card wasnt actually an official uk government it was one from a website , but i only used it as there was nothing else i could show , it my name address and everything on it though . Id already sent my debit card and bank statement which i was sure would have been enough especially since i live in the uk where they have a base.
    It certainly wasnt sent in any fraudelant way it could have been sorted out in a better way than just doing what they did but they never gave me a chance .
    Everything you mentioned above in number 2 is correct everything matched , the only thing i fell on was the photo id .

potless
    potless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

one from a website

no pass & no driving licence - and you're in the UK ?
    So you had all the other fake ID for scamming but messed up the photo ID - schoolboy error really.

Karla
    Karla's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh sorry well the id card wasnt actually an official uk government it was one from a website , but i only used it as there was nothing else i could show , it my name address and everything on it though . Id already sent my debit card and bank statement which i was sure would have been enough especially since i live in the uk where they have a base.
    It certainly wasnt sent in any fraudelant way it could have been sorted out in a better way than just doing what they did but they never gave me a chance .
    Everything you mentioned above in number 2 is correct everything matched , the only thing i fell on was the photo id .
    What's with your Photo ID dude? Didn't it match yours?

acw
    acw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

Why do books always only ask for all this ID stuff by the time they need to pay?

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't use debit or ************, and always ask about the paperwork required before depositing.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    The whole buisenes is in trouble.

They must pay YOU.
    They must pay SBR.
    They must pay their advertisement
    They must pay their managers.

This whole buiseness sucks... including SBR
    legend