I had an account on Bet365.com for several years. Recently there has been a change in the Spanish law and all bookmakers who wanted to do business in Spain hat to migrate to a .es domain. this way, bet365.es was born, requiring all previous customers to re-register on the new site.

I opened an account and placed a few bets but bet365 wouldn't call me back to complete their typical verification process. When I contacted the support team, they required me to send my spanish ID and a photo of myself holding it in order to unlock my account (quite weird already sinde they had my docs from my previous .com account). I did this, and after a week they still hadn't unlocked my account so I asked again and then they asked me to do the same again with my passport and a photo of myself holding it. I have also done this, but now they want me to do it again and also to send a copy of a verification letter which was supposedly sent to my postal address 2 weeks ago (never arrived).

Every time I contact them they ask me for something new; the customer support is terrible (once they even addressed me by the name of another customer) and I fear that they simply don't want to pay, hoping that I will resign from ever getting my money. Even if I keep on playing their game, without the postal verification code they won't pay.

I have filed a complaint with SBR, let's see if they take them more seriously than me.