zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

man am I sorry I reupped at Betislands.

would rather be at BOL. seriously.

no live betting. no MLB team totals. no first inning score props. i go to live chat to ask why and this is the response i get.

mike: you guys dont offer MLB team totals or first inning score prop anymore????
    Ben: I believe its because those teams have no chance at the Playoffs
    Ben: so they are using aaa players
    mike: SF Giants????
    Ben: I believe the texas game is going to have props
    mike: Angels...
    mike: texas game is off the board
    Ben: tomorroe
    Ben: *tomorrow
    mike: wow
    mike: ok

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

No team totals? No thanks.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    No team totals? No thanks.

seriously how the fukk can you not have team totals???????

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

he told you he thinks it's because they think the team will be using AAA players making it hard for them to "model" a line. I doubt they would be modeling anyway instead of cloning, but he gave you his reason.

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not an ideal situation but not the end of the world, Jon runs a good service... but these are reasons for having 3 to 5 outs... pick and choose what works best for you at each shop. Having only 1 or 2 outs is not the way to go...

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

By the way, BOL over BI, you cannot be serious LOL...

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Even if your pissed BOL & BI should never be compared

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Go ahead and pound soccer totals for fifty bucks

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

BetIslands is sharp...

Whatever they don't offer, is what you should be looking for edges on at other books...

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

BI has sucked since they had that disastrous software change earlier in the year.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Almost unbelievable...

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

BI is really nothing more than a PPH cover thier ass one page site at this point.

Way to risk adverse to offer anything but one size fits all vanilla lines.

Thier battle cry of, "we pay sane day" has worn thin, Jon is never reachable, and just seems like he started this with a lot of momentum last year, and now he's off running other shit and expects this horse to keep galloping without a jockey.

Like said above, great as a third or fourth out, but no doubt a big dussapointment to many.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Its a rec book...yes your right, SF may be in the chase, but what about the OPPONENT.

They have minor league pitchers too...hard to set lines without getting heavy one sided action.

A lot of rec books are slow to post lines on the heavily chalked lines from what I've seen lately, just a part of dealing with them.

ChuckWins
    ChuckWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by princecharles View Post
    BI is really nothing more than a PPH cover thier ass one page site at this point.

Way to risk adverse to offer anything but one size fits all vanilla lines.

Thier battle cry of, "we pay sane day" has worn thin, Jon is never reachable, and just seems like he started this with a lot of momentum last year, and now he's off running other shit and expects this horse to keep galloping without a jockey.

Like said above, great as a third or fourth out, but no doubt a big dussapointment to many.

I got Jon on live chat yesterday early afternoon.. I was with this book when they fits became popular and just came back after getting yelled at by a heritage manager because he wouldn't take responsibility for giving me a bs p2p name.... Betislands has done a good job of enhancing their options but they aren't catering to people looking for 5 dimea options. As long as they have they major sports, rolling if bets, open parlays and teasers and hassle free payouts, they work for me and most of us rec bettors on here.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by djefferis View Post
    Its a rec book...yes your right, SF may be in the chase, but what about the OPPONENT.

They have minor league pitchers too...hard to set lines without getting heavy one sided action.

A lot of rec books are slow to post lines on the heavily chalked lines from what I've seen lately, just a part of dealing with them.
    Giants are going to win the division easily and DBACkS are a long shot to win wild card. Matt Cain and Wade Miley (made the all star team) were pitching. no excuse not to have team totals

Betislands
    Betislands's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well.

I understand that we may not offer lines on certain events , but that does not make us less of a book we have actually expanded our betting cart and raised our limits.

Just because a book does not offer something does not make them less of a book , but how can you ask from Betislands to offer what 5dimes does when we give 108 juice + free half points + cash bonuses in the same deal ?

And yes we do pay the fastest around , how that has worn thin is beyond me .. we have never had a payout complaint.

Cheers

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Betislands View Post
    Hi Guys,

Hope all is well.

I understand that we may not offer lines on certain events , but that does not make us less of a book we have actually expanded our betting cart and raised our limits.

Just because a book does not offer something does not make them less of a book , but how can you ask from Betislands to offer what 5dimes does when we give 108 juice + free half points + cash bonuses in the same deal ?

And yes we do pay the fastest around , how that has worn thin is beyond me .. we have never had a payout complaint.

Cheers
    I did notice the free half point, along with the 50% bonus...but not having team totals is just silly. i really hope you guys have them for NFL at least.

i think we all know there was never a doubt about you guys paying lightning quick.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

i think he meant alot of good shops pay within 24 hrs and just a few days for checks, nothing against BI

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Actually I have seen this often over the years. It isn't an uncommon practice not offering score in first inning props the last week or two. Yeah some books may still have it, but that doesn't make BI suck.

Top class book, which I'm sure you know.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well.

Cheers
    What about all the recent complaints about cold calling?

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Hi Guys,

I understand that we may not offer lines on certain events , but that does not make us less of a book

Cheers
    By definition, this is false. Cheers.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    What about all the recent complaints about cold calling?
    just call in and request to be taken off the list man.. simple as that and they do respect it if u request it

-stash

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    BetIslands is sharp...

Whatever they don't offer, is what you should be looking for edges on at other books...
    ..jaysus