fedex11204
    fedex11204's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1949

Be wary of Betislands Teaser calculator odds

They are very much incorrect meaning on the bottom of the home page they have a teaser calculator and what is what I did to see if it was indeed worth to play a teaser there or another place and see who has the best odds and based on there Bet Islands did but after I confirmed it turns out it was incorrect and betislands actually has a newer revised lower odds teasers that the only you will find it is if you look at house rules. I just think that is very shady imho

sabre
    sabre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 510

Your lack of punctuation makes it almost impossible to understand what you're trying to say.

You are correct however. BetIslands has a teaser calculator showing odds that are much higher than the actual odds offered by the book. It is very deceptive.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Translation: BetIslands had the same teaser calculator that for years was on all Jazz sites. OP visited this calculator page, believed these were the odds B.I. offered, but that part proved false.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betislands teaser odds suck! only a fukkin idiot would place a teaser bet at Betislands.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Betislands teaser odds suck! only a fukkin idiot would place a teaser bet at Betislands.
    Count me as an idiot then. If you use your brain, they have the best teaser options in the industry.

fedex11204
    fedex11204's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1949

Justin how do you figure

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Their teaser prices this season suck.If you didnt pick up on the changes in prices you dont pay attention

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    Their teaser prices this season suck.If you didnt pick up on the changes in prices you dont pay attention
    What is their break-even win-rate on 6-team teasers? Does any reputable book have better odds?

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

3 team 10 point teasers are -125.Used to be -110 last season.Betpop and Betmania are -110.Thats more than a 50% increase

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very deceptive indeed!

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    What is their break-even win-rate on 6-team teasers? Does any reputable book have better odds?
    buddy.. 6 team teasers?

really ?

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Count me as an idiot then. If you use your brain, they have the best teaser options in the industry.
    Scoreboard.

prop

70.7%. Yes there's a B+ book that matches them without the need to take as many teams, and a higher rated book that beats them in several spots including the exact match. College football looks fine but their basketball teasers, man if that's not a crime it probably should be.

prop

Justin am I missing something here? You stated:

Then when posters are left scratching head, you give this.

Are there 6-team teasers +700 or not. Because unless not I'm super confused. 5Dimes has +710 and has them beat at lower team options too. Another long standing reputable US book has 4-team +300. You yourself mentioned this the other day:

This 2-team 6-point teaser is paying +104 (going from 6.5 to 0.5) at Heritage. There are clear opportunities to use this.
    So that adds a 3rd US option. Going outside the US... Pinnacle has the same exact 6-team teaser pay table. By a mere rounding error Pinnacle is technically better because 5 pushes and a loss = push. There's another non-US site that is reputable that beats everything mentioned in this thread. And I don't even know teaser odds everywhere.

Is there something else here?

If you use your brain, they have the best teaser options in the industry.
    Okay I'm not familiar with their site, but if 6 team teasers (which aren't even best) is the only reason for that statement, then best teaser options in the industry seems well off. Their teaser odds do not seem very competitive.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

You would need to hit 70.72% or better per leg for their 7-1, 6-teamer to be +EV. Heritage, which claims to have the world's best teasers, will give you 7.48-1 on 6-teamers---provided you keep your Wongs to two or less.

NSN21
    NSN21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7886

This = $$$