craptacularX
    craptacularX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

BetOnline - Bait and Switch

I don't post much, but I thought this needed to be shared. I don't have an account with BOL and don't plan to after this...

Here's the email I received this morning.

Dear XXXXX,
    Your next bet is 'on the house'; because there is a $100 complimentary sports play in your
    BetOnline account.*
    To lock-in your hundred bucks, simply:

1. Head over to BetOnline.ag.
    2. Use your temporary Username and Password (below) to log-in.
    3. Verify your details and change your password.
    4. Confirm your e-mail.

After you follow these easy steps, you'll see the $100 in your account, ready for the NFL Week 3 action (or anything else on the board). The best part? You don't even have to make a deposit to score your complimentary sports play. Here's your temporary log-in details:
    Your BetOnline Temporary Username: XXXXXXXXX
    Your BetOnline Temporary Password: XXXXXXXXX
    Enjoy making your next play with 'house money'!
    Best regards,
    The BetOnline team
    * 1. This promotion is by invitation only and is non-transferable. 2. There is a 10x (ten time) rollover requirement associated with this promotion. 3. The $100.00 free play must be used by Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 at 11:59 pm (ET). 4. A deposit of at least $50.00 USD must be made in order to make any withdraw. 5. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue this promotion at our discretion. 6. Standard terms and conditions apply to all bonuses, please see website Rules for details. 7. This offer is valid only once per account, email address, physical address, and household. 8. This promotion cannot be combined with any other offer. 9. This offer is not valid if you've taken advantage of any of our $50 free play offers within the last 30 days. 10. Deposits via book-to-book transfers do not qualify for this promotion.

Of course I sign up and surprise, no free play.

Here's the chat log...

Chat Information Hi! Welcome to BetOnline! How can I help you?

Chat Information You are now chatting with Wilson

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTKXXXXXXXXXXX. Please record it in case of pending issue.

Wilson: Thank you for contacting Live Chat Service. How may I assist you today?

XXXXX XXXXXX: I was emailed a $100 free play to sign up this morning. I did sign up, but I don't see any free play. Also, one thing to note, the initial email was to chris@blueforestmail.com however I changed it to my primary email of XXXXXX@XXXXXXXX

Wilson: Hello XXXXXXX, can I have your username and password please?

XXXXX XXXXXX: user: XXXXXXX pass: XXXXXX

Wilson: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment...

XXXXX XXXXXX: No worries. Take your time.

Wilson: Just a moment.

Wilson: Its a 100% match bonus, whatever you deposit between $100 and $1000 we match it.

XXXXX XXXXXX: That's not what I was offered.

XXXXX XXXXXX: Here's the quote....

XXXXX XXXXXX: "After you follow these easy steps, you'll see the $100 in your account, ready for the NFL Week 3 action (or anything else on the board). The best part? You don't even have to make a deposit to score your complimentary sports play. Here's your temporary log-in details:"

Wilson: You need to deposit to get the promotion.

XXXXX XXXXXX: That's not what your email stated.

Wilson: Can you forward that email to cs@betonline.ag please?

XXXXX XXXXXX: On it's way.

Wilson: Thank you!

XXXXX XXXXXX: You're welcome.

Wilson: Let me know.

XXXXX XXXXXX: ????

Wilson: Did you sent the email?

XXXXX XXXXXX: Yes, that's what 'On it's way' means.

XXXXX XXXXXX: I included the chat ID in the subject.

Wilson: from what email did you sent it?

XXXXX XXXXXX: XXXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXX

Wilson: Didnt receive anything.

XXXXX XXXXXX: Just resent it again.

Wilson: no results found.

XXXXX XXXXXX: It's being rejected as spam from your email server.

Wilson: The promotion you got is the gog promotion you can make a deposit and well match 100% of what you deposit.

XXXXX XXXXXX: No it's not.

Wilson: You have to make a deposit XXXXXXXXXX

Wilson: Is there anything else I can assist you with at this time?

Wilson: I have not received a reply from you in quite a while now. I hope I have answered all of your inquiries. Please feel free to come back at your convenience. Thank you and have a good day!

Chat InformationThank you. Please do not hestitate to contact us again.

You are not currently in a chat session. For immediate assistance, please initiate a chat.

I timed out because I was trying to get around the email sending issue. It finally went through when I removed the BOL links.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

This isn't a "bait and switch".

It's a random CS clerk not being on the same sheet of music with your offer from sales. As the particular offer you attempted to redeem did not require an initial deposit before play, I'm not really sure where the baiting or switching was. It sounds like you didn't send the email during the course of the chat, as well, which would've allowed the rep to confirm.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    This isn't a "bait and switch".

It's a random CS clerk not being on the same sheet of music with your offer from sales. As the particular offer you attempted to redeem did not require an initial deposit before play, I'm not really sure where the baiting or switching was. It sounds like you didn't send the email during the course of the chat, as well, which would've allowed the rep to confirm.
    Seriously how much does BOL pay you? U see these kind of BOL threads daily and are always defending this type of crap... Unreal

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by eastern2 View Post
    Seriously how much does BOL pay you? U see these kind of BOL threads daily and are always defending this type of crap... Unreal
    I'm not really sure what you're disagreeing with here. I acknowledged it was a CS mistake. "Bait and switch" typically involves someone depositing to redeem a promo, then being told they're not eligible. This promo is more a "try us out" deal.

We're following up w/ mgt to document this CS issue, and to have the player credited with what the email promised.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

i've had at least 4 or 5 incidents like these with BOL. i've never even signed up there but have gotten offers by email and text. i have responded within hours and have been told the offer expired but they could give me a much lesser offer. when i complained they said they sent it by accident. you can only have so many "accidents" until it's obvious they are bait and switching.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

On the other side I'm rather impressed with Lous quick responses. Makes one think he is expecting to see this coming or monitors the posts

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

Lou is first to defend bol when someone has a complaint but when a thread was made the other day asking him to comment on all the freeplays with tricky terms and conditions hes no where to be found. If any other book pulled this stuff around football season it would be seen as a warning sign of money problems. Lou?

pensfan1919
    pensfan1919's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2328

SBR just needs to cut BOL loose.

Only hurting their credibility by the day.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PharaohUB, and HedgeHog

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan1919 View Post

Only hurting their credibility by the day.
    SBR doesn't give a shit about its credibility. As long as that monthly advertisement payment is in the account all is well.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7720

I was happy that I lost my Betonline FP, tried an underdog mlb 5 teamer, lol.

babyglock
    babyglock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 668

Betonline - Bait and Switch direct mail

I realize there have been numerous threads about BetOnline engaging in unethical business practices, but since there seems to be an excuse for every one of their fraudulent acts I figured I should throw my experienceinto the mix to see what defense there is for this blatant bait and switch sales tactic.

I received an unsolicited and letter in the mail fromBetOnline. The letter requested that I create an account with them and they would give me a 100% match bonus up to $1,000 (a copy of theletter should be attached). Immediately after receiving the letter I signed up and started to fund my account. In the funding process it asked for a promo code and my letter didn’t contain a promo code, so out an abundance of caution I contacted customer service prior to proceeding to guarantee that I would receivethe bonus.

The first person I spoke to at customer services informed me that if the letter didn’t contain a promo code then they could not honor it. I asked for a supervisor and the supervisor told me to email a copy of the letter and they would fix it.

I emailed a copy of the letter and this is the response I received:

This is Kaykay from Betonline.
    Hoping you are well by the time you receive this email. After reviewing the attached letter unfortunately that is the offer that we launch last year. Been that you created your account yesterday that is the reason that you didn't receive the email that was launch on august 30th 2012. When you make a deposit you can apply the promo code ccbonus for cc deposit to receive the 15% or TXbonus for cash deposit to receive the 25% in freeplay to make wager on sportbook to earn real money.
    If you have any other questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Best Regards,

KayKay Given
    Player Services Department
    BetOnline,

After receiving this response that didn’t make any sense I found the envelope the letter came in and the letter was mailed 8/31 from Mexico. So, the letter either took a year to arrive since it was the prior year’s offer or the letter was mailed a day after they were suppose to email me the offer because the letter was suppose to entice me to sign up a day before it was mailed?

This direct mail letter is classic bait and switch – offer 100% bonus in advertisement, in reality only bonus offer is 15-25%. I can’t wait to hear the excuses for BetOnline having committed another instance of fraud.
    Attached Images  
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tb1984

SBR Lou

We've been advised by management that the freeplay is now on craptacular's account.

craptacularX
    craptacularX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

That's correct, it's been credited.

Thank you for your efforts, Lou.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan1919 View Post

Only hurti

ng their credibility by the day.
    Why would you cut someone loose when they are putting food on your table and feeding your family. BOL will be defended until they no longer pay their monthly advertising fee.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

We've been advised by management that the freeplay is now on craptacular's account.
    o thank god now everything is okay!

I hope people read between the lines how blantalty pathetic this thread is. Not only did you have to beg for this FP, but then you gotta get a third party to get it? Somehow that makes everything okay? Please read between the lines at how ruthless this practice is and consider other options when depositing. Is the clientle really this stupid?

theviking
    theviking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4084

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
    o thank god now everything is okay!

I hope people read between the lines how blantalty pathetic this thread is. Not only did you have to beg for this FP, but then you gotta get a third party to get it? Somehow that makes everything okay? Please read between the lines at how ruthless this practice is and consider other options when depositing. Is the clientle really this stupid?
    if he had written the promocode, he would have got it in 1 sec, i didnt have to beg for it, its even less clever, to read betweenlines. Specially when u cant read between line, u totally miss the whole point.....
    Yeah i guess it seems stupid for some people,if u see problems where other sees way of making money so easyli.... Good luck

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lou
    Is there any way you can ammend your response above to read, "We have been advised by management that a memo has been issued to every CS representative and supervisor that they are to honor every one of these freeplay offers requested by an eligible customer.
    Furthermore they apologize for thier mistake/problem, and intend to show their sincerity by insisting all supervisors are fully up to date on the current marketing offers, and impress upon the CS reps the importance of thier professional and sincere attitude toward thier customers.

Lou please please be honest with me and simply respond to my post, letting me know if I'm being unreasonable with my suggestion.
    Thanks

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lou/bump

I'm not being sarcastic, nor am I shining you on.

Just think it would show a lot if you answered, or even comment on the post.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

i wish books would start calling FP free Play and cash cash.

$200 worth of free play cash

what?

FP is not cash.