kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

how does 5 dimes get away with this ?

hanging new orleans -9.5 and detroit -10.5 with + odds to throw off their 7 point teasers... instead of giving me the real lines to tease..

its a crime i tell u ...

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    hanging new orleans -9.5 and detroit -10.5 with + odds to throw off their 7 point teasers... instead of giving me the real lines to tease..

its a crime i tell u ...
    It's not a crime when it's what most books do these days.

kmarinouofm

What other books do it. Most don't

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I deposited into bovada just because of this reason. However If you wanna tease the other way its a great #. getting over 2tds with the rams is pretty solid.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

keep voting them #1

that's how.
    Points Awarded:

prop gave BigDaddy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

About ten books I play at have teaser defense lines, but they don't offer teasers

I'm tempted to tell a line manger he's a moron but that would be a -EV play so I keep my mouth shut and shake my head.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

its a crime i tell u ...
    You're not going to see 6 pt teasers offered that go through the 7 and the 3 anymore at -110 in the NFL . Books will either charge you extra, or they'll keep lines off of 7.5 through 8.5.

When you have a record of over 1200 games in the past 20+ seasons where teams going through both the 7 and 3 are winning at a rate of 73.78%, they can't chalk that up to variance anymore. They need teased games to win at no higher than 70.7% for them to achieve a 4.55% hold, and no higher than 72.4% just to stay at neutral expectation. Smart players have been exploiting this for some time, and now they've conceded that it's negative expectation for them to offer them. They would be expected to lose 45k out of every $1 million bet on teasers that only use teams going through the 7 and the 3.

So what would you have them do? Just let players beat their brains in ? Seriously, what goes through the mind of someone like yourself? When math dictates that there are certain offerings that is now a big edge to the player, it's just simple preservation to adjust accordingly.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

**** em, they make so much bank off people doing it wrong, i mean just how much bank do they need?

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    You're not going to see 6 pt teasers offered that go through the 7 and the 3 anymore at -110 in the NFL . Books will either charge you extra, or they'll keep lines off of 7.5 through 8.5.

When you have a record of over 1200 games in the past 20+ seasons where teams going through both the 7 and 3 are winning at a rate of 73.78%, they can't chalk that up to variance anymore. They need teased games to win at no higher than 70.7% for them to achieve a 4.55% hold, and no higher than 72.4% just to stay at neutral expectation. Smart players have been exploiting this for some time, and now they've conceded that it's negative expectation for them to offer them. They would be expected to lose 45k out of every $1 million bet on teasers that only use teams going through the 7 and the 3.

So what would you have them do? Just let players beat their brains in ? Seriously, what goes through the mind of someone like yourself? When math dictates that there are certain offerings that is now a big edge to the player, it's just simple preservation to adjust accordingly.
    what goes through my mind is that i see a number and expect to tease that number.. you are right.. all this math u just hit me with i dont consider.. you are obviously much wiser then i am ... maybe one day you will be able to tell me to my face how much smarter you are then me..

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

what goes through my mind is that i see a number and expect to tease that number.. you are right.. all this math u just hit me with i dont consider.. you are obviously much wiser then i am ... maybe one day you will be able to tell me to my face how much smarter you are then me..
    Why is it your juvenile retort is not surprising? You start a thread essentially accusing a book of a "crime". Now, being this is a thread that invites responses, you're either going to get like minded expressions of support, or people who disagree with you. I chose the later and gave my reasons why. I didn't call you a single name, or hurl a single insult, yet you want to respond by acting like a 9 year old? Fine by me. Son, I've been shot at before, so excuse me if I'm not that impressed with your tough guy act. I don't care if you're 6'8" 275, I'll gladly tell you my opinions to your "face" just the same as I will here.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

There's a reason 5Dimes is still in business. Smart risk management.

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Why is it your juvenile retort is not surprising? You start a thread essentially accusing a book of a "crime". Now, being this is a thread that invites responses, you're either going to get like minded expressions of support, or people who disagree with you. I chose the later and gave my reasons why. I didn't call you a single name, or hurl a single insult, yet you want to respond by acting like a 9 year old? Fine by me. Son, I've been shot at before, so excuse me if I'm not that impressed with your tough guy act. I don't care if you're 6'8" 275, I'll gladly tell you my opinions to your "face" just the same as I will here.
    right.. asking me what goes through my brain was very sweet of you...

had you simply stated what you had to say.. maybe i wouldn't have been so hasty...

but dont act hurt when you acted like a jerk first and I threw it back into your face..

I am a nice guy.. but someone talking down to me I wont tolerate..

if you want to squash this right here.. that is fine by me..

but you pushed first.. there were two ways you could have wrote that post..

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

its a crime i tell u ...
    If enough people start moving the line 6 pts in the dog's favor, this will stop.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love how people are sooo upset about this, but yet, these are the same people who can't calculate simple math to realize why they are doing this. Nobody should be surprised that the book caught up on the Wong Teasers..... I'm just surprised it took them so long.