someguy
    someguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strange things happen with me with Bodog UK and Moneybookers

I have used Moneybookers for deposit and register for the last 4 years without problem. I played small and always look for books that required no ID. Privacy is my biggest concern. However, recently I received this message from Bodog:

Dear Mr XXXXXXX
    Account: 29XXXXX

We have received your Moneybookers deposit for $200. Thank you.

Clients are required to use their own Moneybookers account to deposit to their Bodog eCash
    accounts. The name on your Moneybookers account does not match the name on your Bodog
    eCash account.

The name on the Moneybookers account is XXXX.
    The name on your Bodog eCash account is YYYY.

We ask that you kindly scan and email photo ID for both you and XXXX along with a
    document giving permission to use the Moneybookers account. This is required so that we
    can verify your information and process future deposits and payouts.

Our email address is verification@bodoglife.co.uk. Be sure to include your name and
    account number with your scan

Should you have any questions about the above, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Bodog Financial Services
    verification@bodoglife.co.uk
    +800-1004-2004

Now, I have to admit that the name on MB and the name i gave Bodog is a different name (an online pseudo name to be exact) . So they do have their rights to ask stuff about me. However, the strange thing for me is how the hell Moneybookers share my info with a merchant. The sharing of my info to Bodog by Moneybookers triggers this whole ID mess. The point of E-payment is to minimize the exposure of personal information as long as I have a verified account with the e-payment provider. I don't expect Moneybookers to share my info with their merchants (Bodog in thie case) but they do.

It looks like even i don't use ************ for deposit and payout, the books always find ways to get my ID no matter what.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Moneybookers will have it in their T&Cs they can tell the merchant your name, for security reasons. Otherwise anybody can hack an account and use it to deposit anywhere. This way, it can only deposit to an account in your name.

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

If you do a p2p transfer with MB to another account holder, like your friend for example, I think they see your name as well. Doesn't have to be a merchant.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

giving out pseudo names to books will obviously get your account closed and all winnings forfetied when it's time to send in your ID and this does not match. why anybody would try this basically allowing a book to freeroll him is beyond me, unless you get a kick out of losing your money either way.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where have u ever played that you could use (what appears to be) a 3rd party moneybookers Someguy?

I wouldn't even try using my moneybookers to fund someone else's account, I can't imagine it going through.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is pretty obv fraud.

someguy
    someguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is not a 3rd party MB account, Peep. The MB email address is the same as the email i used for Bodog. It is just the name i used with Bodog is not the same name in MB. I hope that will clear it for you.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    It is not a 3rd party MB account, Peep. The MB email address is the same as the email i used for Bodog. It is just the name i used with Bodog is not the same name in MB. I hope that will clear it for you.
    The e-mail address is the most frivolous part of an identity.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    Where have u ever played that you could use (what appears to be) a 3rd party moneybookers Someguy?

I wouldn't even try using my moneybookers to fund someone else's account, I can't imagine it going through.

it goes through even with pinnacle. they just care if the email address is the same in moneybookers as in pinnacle account