LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

If you're in the US, is sending money to a book breaking the law?

I've always been worried about this for some reason. I usually re-load a lot cause I send small amounts which is dumb of me. I should send large amounts every once in a while. I just want someone to put my mind at ease. Can the govt make up some bullshit law like "funding a known terrorist" or something like that?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Wouldn't worry about it. If the Gov't starts making examples of gamblers through prosecutions you would probably hear about it and you could then cease your activities. As for your question, don't have an answer.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

The last I did my readings was that it's illegal for US facing banks to do transactions with gambling organizations.

Don't take my word for it; figure it out for yourself.

venture
    venture's Avatar Become A Pro!

The sad thing is the government can do what ever they want. We just bend over and take it, sad truth.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

For players, the biggest risk is the fund confiscation. Other risks are no bigger than hitting by a bus.

bigbet1234
    bigbet1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

small amounts are good, break them up with fake names and you will be fine

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    I've always been worried about this for some reason. I usually re-load a lot cause I send small amounts which is dumb of me. I should send large amounts every once in a while. I just want someone to put my mind at ease. Can the govt make up some bullshit law like "funding a known terrorist" or something like that?
    What book are you considering--BetIraq.com? Seriously, I have no legal concerns about funding offshore Books. Bettors are fine, Bookies are another story altogether. If you're just betting for your own purposes (not a book's agent), don't sweat it.

Stockdale
    Stockdale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    What book are you considering--BetIraq.com? Seriously, I have no legal concerns about funding offshore Books. Bettors are fine, Bookies are another story altogether. If you're just betting for your own purposes (not a book's agent), don't sweat it.
    Typical

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post
    Typical
    Cryptic

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

The way I understand it is its the company that provides the transaction service not the player or the book (they get books on stuff but not for processing). I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a hotel of any kind last night.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Can the govt make up some bullshit law like "funding a known terrorist" or something like that?
    Sorta like paying US income taxes?

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most books and all their players don't care. I have lost 2k to a place that bills me as fancycandycompany.com , i couldn't help but think of all lovely candy i could have had if that were actually what i purchased.

dolson
    Jukeboxhero
    dolson's Avatar Become A Pro!

What had me worried was the way books charged my CC and my statements would have factitious business charges on them, like electronic equipment, ect.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    The way I understand it is its the company that provides the transaction service not the player or the book (they get books on stuff but not for processing). I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a hotel of any kind last night.