shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

SportingBet closes player's account after winning free bet

SportingBet closes player's account after winning free bet

A SportingBet (SBR rating D+) player submits a bonus dispute. The player signed up, deposited, lost his first bet and was then credited a €50 free bet. The player won his wager using the free bet, increasing his balance to €112. SportingBet closed the player's account one day later, citing discrepancy with his account sign-up. | Read more

filipinho
    filipinho's Avatar Become A Pro!

But Sportingbet is perfectly right here, I dont know why SBR published this complaint???They confiscated only bonus money, no one allows multiple accounts which all exploited bonus from the same IP.

SBR sponsored books would never have this treatment.Crazy...

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by filipinho View Post
    But Sportingbet is perfectly right here, I dont know why SBR published this complaint???They confiscated only bonus money, no one allows multiple accounts which all exploited bonus from the same IP.

SBR sponsored books would never have this treatment.Crazy...
    I think this goes back to the thread Justin7 started a couple of weeks ago asking if we thought it was fair if a book confiscates money based on matching IPs. Of course posters said no because so many people use public Internet connections and even some of our home IP addresses change quite often (the one I currently have is matching up with posters in Arizona even though I'm in Australia). A book should have more evidence than a simple IP match in order to determine multi accounting.

And whether SportingBet does or doesn't have more evidence I guess we'll find out but I think this was written as a warning to posters that accessing your accounts from public places may cause a bit of trouble, even if you're innocent.