Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Deposit Mixup Question

OK guys, so I deposited $200 with 5D through W.U. a few weeks ago.....and since the money wasn't sent in USD, the transaction didnt officially go through. So in the meantime, they put the money in my account, and I lost a few wagers......and all of a sudden my account has a negative balance, and they tell me I need to re-send the money to a new name/location. Well I was going to, but W.U. was going to charge me a fee for a 2nd time, so I said screw it, and just put the money back in my pocket. The way I figure, if the money never went through, they never should have allowed me to place any wagers. Is my thought process wrong?

What should I do here guys? See if they bring my account back to $0....the negative is less then $100, which is peanuts to them.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

gl with tony doing that.... it will remain negative or play elsewhere. im sure

Regul8er
    Wordd

YA, thats kind of what I figured. 5d is such a book, but disposable income is low right now.....and not appealing when I deposit $200, and lose half of it right off the bat.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I guess I just wonder what they would have done had I won off of essentially free money?

firedawg

cancelled wagers

Regul8er
    Wordd

YUP.....thats exactly what they would have done.

About the W.U. fee.........is it legit that I tell 5d they need to cover it the 2nd time, because in reality, the mixup was not my fault at all.

firedawg

thats all you had too do was go back to the agent and have them convert it to usd. i dont know why they didnt tell you that

Regul8er
    Wordd

w.u. told me they had to cancel the transaction, and give me the money back.
    Before I went 5d provided me a new name, and said I had to resend. A huge mixup, and it's costing me.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I bet tony would credit you with the extra fees. But taking shots an a A-book... You will reap what you sow if you don't make it right.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I'm not really taking shots....and I will make it right as its been.a great book over the years. I just wonder what would have happened had I took then down for a dime while playing with "fake" money

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

5 dimes will take care of the fee.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like you Regulator, but I don't dig the argument you got going here. If they did you crooked from the other side, I don't think you'd be a happy customer.

just square it away later if not now

happened to me one time when they misgraded and it overestimated my bal and then put me into the negative by a few bucks when it was later fixed .... but squared it away on next deposit

good luck

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Players already taking shots at the books. A be a long nfl season boys. Charge back type schemes running rampant.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Had a negative balance at 5D once after the NBA reviewed a shot on replay after the half ended resulting in a misgraded wager. Tried to cancel a bet I put in when I realized this but was too late. Negative balance was corrected after I deposited a couple of days later. I would redeposit the cash or you are done at 5d. But you are correct in asking if you went on a run would 5D have honored the winnings assuming you wired the money again. I would guess no, but not sure.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I will redeposit the cash when I get a chance here.......probably a few weeks, but I dont want to lose them as a book.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

It sounds like 5dimes was doing you a favor by crediting your account even tho the transaction did not go thru. They could have just waited for you to re-send the money, but since you have been a customer they thought they could trust you to be honest. And this is how you return that favor -- by trying to figure out if you can get away with screwing them! 5dimes is a stand-up book, and if you had gone on a winning streak with that credit you were allowed to use as a favor, you would have found that balance in your account after sending in the money that you owe them. Stop trying to assume someone else would have cheated you in order to justify cheating them. You placed your bets and lost. Put the shoe on the other foot and your attitude would do a quick 180 degree turnabout.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks for the comment Branch.

What about the W.U. fee.....should I really be paying this twice due to a mixup completely unrelated to me?? Should I contact 5d and make sure they pay this before I send the money back. Least they can do for the player, right?

BranchDavidian

Why do you say this mix-up is completely unrelated to you? It was you sending the money, correct? You have sent money to 5dimes previously, correct? Since you have done this before, you should know that it was supposed to be sent in US dollars. I have had this exact same problem a couple of times. I just went back and had it resent. YOU sent it incorrectly, so it is not unrelated to you. And yes, call 5dimes and explain what happened --- my guess is that they will pay the second fee also ( even tho you should have gotten your first fee returned when the transaction was reversed).

Regul8er
    Wordd

2nd fee ALSO??? They never paid the first.

BranchDavidian

Well, you have not deposited yet! You have only made bets on credit given to you as a favor.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    2nd fee ALSO??? They never paid the first.
    I believe 5D covers the fee if you send at least $250. You may want to add another $50 to your deposit and save yourself $20.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Regulator, you didnt get the first fee back when you got your refund? I always do...

Regul8er
    Wordd

Pharaoh....I did not.
    I was surprised, and the rep even got on the phone with W.U. and said the fee is lost.

I didnt get back to the location for maybe a week later, so maybe that had something to do with it. This has been a big pain in my a$$

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

would the book have had to pay if he won on that deposit?

i thought i have seen in the past where books have taken back winnings from deposits that did not go through?

i do agree though that he should send the funds right away and make things right.

BranchDavidian

I have gotten the fees returned when the money was sent in the local currency rather than USD. However, once, when I had the transaction returned because I discovered that the receiver was wording a scam, the fees were not returned. So, I believe that the fees will be returned if the sender is at no fault, but if the error is on the sender, the fees will not be returned.

BranchDavidian

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    would the book have had to pay if he won on that deposit?

i thought i have seen in the past where books have taken back winnings from deposits that did not go through?

i do agree though that he should send the funds right away and make things right.
    In this case, the book credited his account even tho they knew it had to be resent. The way I read the original post, is that 5dimes decided to credit the account anyway after OP called with the tr# and 5dimes thought he would just re-send the money. 5dimes was going to let the " depositor " get his bets in ( as a favor to him ) figuring that he was a customer that had made previous deposits and could be trusted. Any winnings would have been credited by 5dimes -- you can count on that.

Easy-Rider 66

I doubt 5D allowed him to place wagers with them knowing that the money was not sent the correct way. They probably verified the name and the amount and had an oversight by not checking to make sure it was sent in US dollars. 5D is a great shop, but do not believe they are that trusting. I would think it's open for debate whether they would have allowed him to keep winnings without Officially having their coins.