thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

bwin sign at yankee stadium

real madrid and ac milan played last night at yankee stadium. Did anyone else notice the bwin ad on the sidelines.

I know they sponsor real, but how in the world did that happen. Isn't that advertising an illegal product. I guess when you got the money anything goes. The yankee owners probably went to that DA in Ny (Preet something) and asked him to let it slide

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    real madrid and ac milan played last night at yankee stadium. Did anyone else notice the bwin ad on the sidelines.

I know they sponsor real, but how in the world did that happen. Isn't that advertising an illegal product. I guess when you got the money anything goes. The yankee owners probably went to that DA in Ny (Preet something) and asked him to let it slide
    It's not an "illegal" product. United States residents can't play there is all. Obviously the game was viewed by many watchers who live in jurisdictions where they're allowed, so why not?

You really think the owners of Yankee Stadium would need Preet Baraha to "allow" them to lease the space to a gambling company? Baraha is just a US Attorney. As far as I know, the only advertising that is not allowed to be viewed on television in the US is cigarette ads.

Why would you think bwin is an "illegal" product? The whole notion is ridiculous. Of course, 24 oz sodas being served at the stadium are soon to be illegal in NYC, so I guess your question isn't as ridiculous as it should be in a supposed free country.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

I meant it was illegal for Americans. You are right, the game was watched worldwide.