Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

IBAS rules against Paddypower in Spanish F1 Pole Position dispute

We did a feature on this dispute a few weeks ago, where players bet on the "Pole position winner", which Maldonado won at long odds. Paddy Power graded the winner of the qualifier as the winner, even though he was disqualified before he could get back to the pit for not having enough fuel.

IBAS ruled against Paddy Power, and they must now grade Maldonado as the winner of the Spanish F1 Grand Prix pole position. If anyone else was robbed by Paddy Power, can you see if they fixed this?

If they did not fix it, an you 1. tell us in this thread, and 2. file an IBAS complaint to get your money?

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Glad for everyone concerned that I was wrong in my prediction of the way this would go - but I suppose it does show that IBAS looks at each new case on its merits. It does raise the question of those who on the basis of this ruling were graded by PP as winners that should have been losers. I guess they will let sleeping dogs lie, even those that are online which in theory they could reverse. I also am quite sure that all UK-orientated bookies will be giving their F1 rules a thorough review - probably to remove all mention of the term 'pole'.

It is a shame that IBAS doesn't publish all its rulings as a matter of general practice.