moneydude911
    moneydude911's Avatar Become A Pro!

moneybookers skrill phishing emails question

Hey everyone i just got quick question regarding phishing emails for moneybooker account information. I got one of those emails stating that my account was locked because i did not agree to there new rules privacy points.

Anyways, I clicked on the bogus link but my virus protection stopped the page from loading and stating it was a forged website and nothing loaded and i did not enter any account details through the link. This was a few days ago and i did email moneybookers and stated there was no fraudulent log ins or transactions since the mishap. My account should be okay correct?because of my software stopping it from loading and killing the site from loading?

thanks.

for help everyone

harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

Quote Originally Posted by moneydude911 View Post
    Hey everyone i just got quick question regarding phishing emails for moneybooker account information. I got one of those emails stating that my account was locked because i did not agree to there new rules privacy points.

Anyways, I clicked on the bogus link but my virus protection stopped the page from loading and stating it was a forged website and nothing loaded and i did not enter any account details through the link. This was a few days ago and i did email moneybookers and stated there was no fraudulent log ins or transactions since the mishap. My account should be okay correct?because of my software stopping it from loading and killing the site from loading?

thanks.

for help everyone

It seems like there a couple of ways to find out for sure.

1. Ask Skrill
    2. Try and deposit into a book or withdraw.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think just clicking on the link is not enough to get your account compromised. they wait for your data to be input in (ie. password). so no need to worry.

but - do get those safety keys with random no generators. they're small hassle but good protection.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

change the password and get that security key as it is a good protection even of they get your password