SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetIslands - new information

UPDATE: BetIslands is fully restored. You must clear cookies/cache. BetIslands has completed their security upgrade; no additional downtime is expected.

BetIslands asks players to contact them via telephone (800-998-8740) or email (CS@BetIslands.ag) for updated log-in information.

New security features are being implemented whilst the DoS attackers target the publicly known backup sites. Order should fully be restored soon, in the meantime players can privately use the updated information & those who wish are free to request a payout as normal.
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 05-17-12 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added reply

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Lou.

Remember people, 'Loose Lips sink ships!'.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Email From BetIslands

Nick here from BetIslands. I want to first off apologize for the downtime these past days. We are working diligently on this matter in effort to strengthen our security walls against the DDOS attacks we have been receiving. With that said, for the time being, use our backup site JJGoldIsaSexybeast.com (not really the backup site)

Also, for the time being please DO NOT post the backup site on public forums until we can ascertain that our site is fully protected. Lastly, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Guess I'm small time not to get an email.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Very helpful, thanks for posting. Didn't get the e-mail and they didn't answer all fckin morning.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

i have not got it yet

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

No email here. I haven't b!tched a single time about the recent issues, but...........some receiving emails and others not is small time and bad business.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I got one.
    But I'm kinda a big deal

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Why even start this thread? Just compounds issues.

taxer
    taxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Just contact them I contacted them via their 800 and I got the back up

AnonymousAnomaly
    AnonymousAnomaly's Avatar Become A Pro!

No email here. And I sent one to them as soon as I saw SBR Lou's post earlier this morning about the login info.

Betislands
    Betislands's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi guys,

We are emailing all the accounts today one by one to avoid any security issues , no need for panic if you have not gotten an email from us yet it is still pretty early here in CR . Contact us for the secure login info and we will be more than happy to provide that.

Thanks for understanding and once things are back to normal I will make sure to compensate our players for the hassle.

With that being said our payouts and service are working normally , what we are dealing with are network issues and a DDOS attack something that all books have to deal with.

Cheers!

Jon

princecharles

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousAnomaly View Post
    No email here. And I sent one to them as soon as I saw SBR Lou's post earlier this morning about the login info.
    Yep I did the exact same.

Would it not make infinite sense to have every one of their CS people working proactively emailing and possibly calling customers nonstop?

There is nothing the CS people can do on the tech side anyway.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Really thought they would have fixed it by now. I have to call to request payouts and request lines. Even worse, their phone lines seem to suck, I can barely hear them. Heritage, I'll come back to you.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

LOL at all the threads talking about that this was the best book ever.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

princecharles

Quote Originally Posted by princecharles View Post

Would it not make infinite sense to have every one of their CS people working proactively emailing and possibly calling customers nonstop?

Read Jon's post right after this went up :-)

Betislands

Quote Originally Posted by princecharles View Post

That is what we are doing right now , so that is why I am sure everyone in the next 2 hours will get a call or an email we are targeting active clients first.

Betislands

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    LOL at all the threads talking about that this was the best book ever.
    Hi Big,

If you do some research almost all the books at the top of this forum have been attacked and some have been crippled for days , they are all respectable bookmakers and have overcome by adjusting to new security measures.

We are doing exactly that right now , our payouts are going out like clockwork if anything this should prove clients and the public that our financial stability will not be dented by a DDOS attack , network issues are a hassle but they all have a solution , bankroll issues have no solution our daily payouts and checks should serve as a testament for that.

Cheers!

Jon
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: paco

PickWinnerAllDay

I just called and got the backup website.

Jon... just out of common sense, the customer service rep never asked if I had an account before she gave it to me... Couldn't the people hacking you just call and did what I did? Without asking for an account, what security is there?

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Great book still, nice to see they're working their asses off to get this fixed but im going to wait to reload until all this blows over.

Betislands

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I just called and got the backup website.

Jon... just out of common sense, the customer service rep never asked if I had an account before she gave it to me... Couldn't the people hacking you just call and did what I did? Without asking for an account, what security is there?
    Pick I just yelled at Mia.

Thanks

Jon

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by Betislands View Post
    Pick I just yelled at Mia.

Thanks

Jon
    dont fire her jon, shes a nice lady.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    dont fire her jon, shes a nice lady.
    Yes, I like Mia. But I want to make sure that if anyone else gets the backup website that they have an account there. lol

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

BI still the best in the business

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7750

Hey guys just so u know that u don't really need to take it out on Betislands because of some hacker, 2+2 the biggest poker forum just got hit by a hacker and had to shut down completely for 2 weeks. Maybe that helps to give u insight to what it is.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

I emailed BI and got nada back...anyone want to PM me the site? I'd like to get some plays in by the 1PM games.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

John start looking at the ranges from the attacks. Start blocking them out at a high level and work your way down. No offense, but it isn't that hard to figure out some script kiddies botnet and minimize it's efforts.

Good luck mi amigo

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Quote Originally Posted by lecubs28 View Post
    BI still the best in the business
    I hadn't laughed out loud all day...till I read that.

Laz
    disconnected
    Laz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Tried to get deposit info for three days calling/live chat....no luck.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

^^^^ guys dont PM the sent to people. if they were supposed to get it they would have gotten it.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Still got no email from them, they haven't answered my email either. Would love to be making some MLB bets.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Still got no email from them, they haven't answered my email either. Would love to be making some MLB bets.
    Same boat as you. Can't call from work, have sent emails several times and even PM Jon. I understand things happen and right now that place is probably very busy but the lack of communication is a huge issue with me. They need to understand in times of crisis, communication is the absolute key. They have email addresses or forums like this, use it. Very disappointing and at this point considering taking money out. I firmly believe not having access and having to go through this crap has changed my betting style a bit as well. No making excuses for losses, but since this started I have not fared near as well and that is a lot of years of experience.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    Same boat as you. Can't call from work, have sent emails several times and even PM Jon. I understand things happen and right now that place is probably very busy but the lack of communication is a huge issue with me. They need to understand in times of crisis, communication is the absolute key. They have email addresses or forums like this, use it. Very disappointing and at this point considering taking money out. I firmly believe not having access and having to go through this crap has changed my betting style a bit as well. No making excuses for losses, but since this started I have not fared near as well and that is a lot of years of experience.
    I'm trying to contact him as well, you and probably about 600 other people. He always gets back and will. That is one of its features that appeal to folks.

emat

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    I'm trying to contact him as well, you and probably about 600 other people. He always gets back and will. That is one of its features that appeal to folks.
    Agreed, but having a backup site open and not at least sending emails to your current customers is crap.

emat

Was able to break away and call BI. Answered immediately and gave me the backup site that seems to be fine. Still been very frustrating with the lack of communication and the length of these issues.

1234 Last