BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

wow

Fitz030808
    Fitz030808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16504

I'm assuming we'll have a statement from John soon? SBR LOU, Justin 7, or Bill: Can you explain the dangers of this?

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

keep in mind it is the backup "mx" site. Lets not all jump the gun.

cfish1000
    cfish1000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    keep in mind it is the backup "mx" site. Lets not all jump the gun.
    betislands.ag = 68.178.232.100 = Main "ag" Site

This IP is hosted in Arizona, USA by Godaddy. Godaddy was one of the original SOPA supporters. Even worse then Softlayer, they would be more than happy to pass anything over to the feds even without warrant.
    Any angle you look at this, it is just terrible.

AdamStock1983
    AdamStock1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

Glad I took my withdrawal on Saturday

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17117

disregard.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 05-14-12 at 06:13 PM. Reason: issue addressed

AdamStock1983
    AdamStock1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

Would love to hear from Jon, Justin7, SBR Lou

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamStock1983 View Post
    Would love to hear from Jon, Justin7, SBR Lou
    BetIslands hired new technical personnel and is changing internet providers. The .mx is a functional back-up.

Payouts are still being sent as normal, and the book remains available for phone support.

cfish1000

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    BetIslands hired new technical personnel and is changing internet providers. The .mx is a functional back-up.

Payouts are still being sent as normal, and the book remains available for phone support.
    Hosting a sport book in the USA is 100% illegal. Feds can easily get all the customer data off of the server. Yes they switched hosts, to the USA. You can have all the best support in the world and it still wouldn't fix the fact where the server and all my and everyone elses personal credentials and information is located. Payout information is all stored on the server that is in the USA. BI is currently online, but 100% unusable to all USA citizens and all other people who value their privacy. This is ridiculous.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

cfish1000, no offense, but you kind of seem like you're part of the entity that was attacking their servers...

cfish1000

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    cfish1000, no offense, but you kind of seem like you're part of the entity that was attacking their servers...
    I called BI and tried to explain to them how I am not going to play on a site in the US, and they hung up on me. This is the only other place that would have any influence on them to move their website back to a place that I would feel comfortable playing on.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cfish1000 View Post
    I called BI and tried to explain to them how I am not going to play on a site in the US, and they hung up on me. This is the only other place that would have any influence on them to move their website back to a place that I would feel comfortable playing on.
    why make a ghost account to make a point?

cfish1000

I signed up my first and only account to voice facts and my opinion. As you know you are free to be the judge and find your own conclusion on the matter. I have simply posted facts and backed them up with proof when asked. I have voiced my opinion on the situation and have answered questions that were directed at me based off of what I have posted. I currently have nothing else to add to the conversation. As you can see the topic is about BI not about why some random signed up on the forums today and what he ate for breakfast. Look at the facts about where BI is and come to your own conclusion.

Betislands
    Betislands's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Cfish,

I will not get into a technical details of our operations on an open forum our servers are NOT in the USA. I have to be honest though despite the technical issues that we have had over the last couple of days players have been compensated and our payouts have been going out like clock work ( the fastest in the industry by the way ) I could change Betislands into whatever domain that does not make a big difference for us no matter what name we are under our service and payouts will be the same.

Agendas are starting to surface and it is rather obvious , yes we have technical issues and yes we are working on them but I can name a few big books that have been down for days after a DDOS attack and they continue to be big books people are acting like we are the first book to be under a DDOS strike.

I post on SBR to inform players of what goes on and to try and help , so I will inform this YES we are going through some tech issues which should be resolved in the next day , has our operation changed ? NO .. have we delayed a payout ? NO.

So again people , be worried when you see payout delays from a book not when a book is having network issues. If anything this should show our clients that despite our tech issues our financial prowlness remains intact and we are more than capable of enduring these internet attacks and continue to provide solid banking.

Cheers!

Jon
    Last edited by Betislands; 05-14-12 at 03:44 PM.

PickWinnerAllDay

No argument here on what Jon said. I've gotten several payouts the last few weeks on time as clockwork. I will only truly be worried and want to get all my money out when I request a payout and get told not today.

robmpink
    Update your status

I wonder what other things people will come up with regarding BI? It is out of hand.

woodsy5822
    woodsy5822's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1212

so many people overreacting.. yes its an inconvenience.. but there hasnt been 1 payout problem.. isnt that all that matters?? all the other stuff im sure they will get figured out.its not the end of the world. BI has never not paid. Worry about something when there is actually something to worry about... i.e getting paid...

cfish1001
    cfish1001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Before I was rudely banned off of the forum for simply voicing my opinion, and damaging SBR's pocketbook by typing 100% true facts about their beloved BI.
    Here was my response to BI Jon
    "Your website is currently hosted in a Softlayer datacenter in Texas, USA. Either you are straight out lying or you just don't know where your own website is located. I could care less if payouts are going smoothly and what other big books are doing, if my personal information is in jeopardy being stored in the USA."

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by cfish1001 View Post
    Before I was rudely banned off of the forum for simply voicing my opinion, and damaging SBR's pocketbook by typing 100% true facts about their beloved BI.
    Here was my response to BI Jon
    "Your website is currently hosted in a Softlayer datacenter in Texas, USA. Either you are straight out lying or you just don't know where your own website is located. I could care less if payouts are going smoothly and what other big books are doing, if my personal information is in jeopardy being stored in the USA."
    Rude is insulting the intelligence of the posters of this forum by not revealing who you actually are so people can come to their own conclusions. Create an account with a legit IP address and we'll be more than happy to hear you out. GL.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Rude is insulting the intelligence of the posters of this forum by not revealing who you actually are so people can come to their own conclusions. Create an account with a legit IP address and we'll be more than happy to hear you out. GL.
    Going with my first instinct. Whoever attacked betislands is mad they got a backup website and made that name to trash them with lies to call into question their actions to fix the attacks. Since that person is using a proxy IP it sounds like, it makes my accusation even more reasonable.

Betislands
    Betislands's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will respond out of respect to the forum.

Player data is NOT stored in the USA , perhaps " posters " should get the facts straight before attacking a book , and correct me if I am wrong but I think getting paid is a big part of this industry something our reputation can back up.

Cheers!

Jon

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cfish,

You've registered more than 5 accounts and are using a service that hides your IP. Not sure what your agenda is bud, but not interested in hearing fake feedback.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Going with my first instinct. Whoever attacked betislands is mad they got a backup website and made that name to trash them with lies to call into question their actions to fix the attacks. Since that person is using a proxy IP it sounds like, it makes my accusation even more reasonable.
    You could be right. I'm not sure - I have no real opinion about BI either way as I can't play there but I see some of the offers SBR gets as far as books wanting to throw a banner up here and I know 99% don't make the cut so I have faith in those who do. I just prefer if when people are giving feedback that they're being straight up. Whether it's because they've played there or at least under a true SBR account if they've heard or discovered something along the way. No need for silliness when it's hard enough for US players these days as it is.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would be nice to have a backup site as protection against future attacks.

People/geeks behind DDOS attacks are the lowest of the low. They deserve to be tracked down and have an instant, zero mercy, justice applied (after which the future use of a keyboard would be out of the question).

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

is betislands down for any1 else?

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    is betislands down for any1 else?
    Yeah, it is down. Jon said it was going to be down some over the next day or so. Not sure how long it'll last but just gotta deal with it.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

does anyone have the url for the live chat?

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    does anyone have the url for the live chat?
    No, but you can call them.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

didnt know that.
    thanks

Was wondering because I have called 4 times with no answer, but thanks for the heads up

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    didnt know that.
    thanks

Was wondering because I have called 4 times with no answer, but thanks for the heads up
    1800-998-8632 is the number i use and always get answered

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Gotta be other books doing this or something. Always right before all the games start. Pushes line shoppers away from BI and to their other outs.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Seems like the servers have been going down every day for the past 5 days right around 5 pm EST.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Seems like the servers have been going down every day for the past 5 days right around 5 pm EST.
    Definitely around the same time. Servers aren't going "down" but with a DoS attack they are overloaded/flooded not allowing any other (our) traffic through.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Quote Originally Posted by sbr lou View Post
    cfish,

you've registered more than 5 accounts and are using a service that hides your ip. Not sure what your agenda is bud, but not interested in hearing fake feedback.

boom headshot.

erickvivar
    erickvivar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Head shot or not, a book should NOT put a relay of their site on US soil. I do believe they maybe simply hosting front-end webpages to provide faster access to visitors, and probably once you logged into the site you will be connecting directly to their backend on the proper locations.Probably is a calculated risk, they can afford loosing those relays as long as they have backups they will be able to switch fairly fast to a different one. I'm a techie and it is fairly common technique. In any case, only time will tell if SBR measures all books with the same metric system. For example, the following items should NO longer be use to lower or set a book "rating".* Book not accessible for a couple of days. (BI)* Book have no license on a gaming jurisdiction. (Bovada - only for Poker, BI, etc.)* Book doesnt pay on a timely fasion. (BOL)* Book confiscates, holds money due to long term investigations on Poker. (BOL)* Book charges high fees on P2P withdrawals. (Pretty much all of them)* Book doesnt offer CC deposits. (BI).* Book charges commissions for CCs (Bovada, BM)I guess, a lot of people could add more items to the list, but my point is, all these were used before by SBR to demerit a book on a way or the other one. Leaving out the most important fact, payments. I dont care if they are delay 3, 4 days, it can happen, but paying customers is the important measurement and should be applied equally.Now where this guy is coming from, or if he hides his IP or not, DOESNT matter, you don't kill the whistle blower, you listen to it, learn and see the merits of his comments. If he works for someone, let it be, if he doesnt, good for him. It is funny that everytime someone posts something against the general "vox populi", the first thing they say, hey, look, only 456 posts, must be a mole!!.

First ... 34567 Last