taxer
    taxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Why do people cry wolf when a book offers several line sets?

Ok so I was just reading the Heritage thread and people bitching about " dual lines " this is not the first thread I see about this , if your a bookmaker you almost NEED to have several line sets or your gonna get fuct by the sharps.

I see people crying wolf and bitching about it but most probably these are guys that are chasing steams or bad lines and the book applies some risk management , i personally like to see a book be on top of things it makes me feel better about having $$ there , rather than a book that deals ONE line for all clients squares and sharps and is gonna get FUCT in the end.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well then, from now on I guess it will be OK with you if every time you see a -115 line on a team you want to wager on -- your book makes you pay -120, and every time you see a +115 line on a team you want to bet -- your book only pays you +110? You really don't have a problem with your book giving me a better line than you? I think you would be singing a different tune if every time you went to confirm a bet, the book told you the line had moved away from your selection. And if you decide that now you like the opposite team, that nuimber has now moved against you. It is easy to call other people whiners when this has not happened to you, isn't it?
    Last edited by BranchDavidian; 04-28-12 at 02:12 PM.

taxer

Again if your on a delay then your playing moves , if your playing moves at a rec book then you are just asking for trouble.

People that want a recreational bonus at a rec shop and want to pick off numbers are just asking for trouble. If you want to get the best number then go to Bookmaker or DSI not the 100% bonus shops and then bitch when they cut you down

BranchDavidian

Isn't picking off numbers precisely why we are here? Why in the world would it be alright to make a play at Bookmaker or DSI that you can't make at any other book? When will you stop trying to defend unfair practices from some bookmakers? Do you go around trying to find the worst number to bet? When a book puts up its odds, it is making an offer. If they don't want you to take them up on their offer, they should take their odds down instead of crying foul when the punter merely accepts what the book offered.
    Last edited by BranchDavidian; 04-28-12 at 02:24 PM.

taxer

I am not defending unfair practices I am a player myself but why play like a pro at a rec shop ? There has to be both sides here we have grown used all always the books having to do what we want.

I mean why even bother thats my point ? why play like a pro at a rec shop if it is clearly a diff business model I understand the bonuses put you at +EV but if the books limits you or tries to fence pros off they are crooks?

I see your point but you cant blame a book for trying to put a defense mechanism vs sharp players

Fitz030808
    Fitz030808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16504

Another reason why to play at multiple shops. If you feel you're getting dealt dual lines, play elsewhere.

BranchDavidian

What exactly is "playing like a pro"? If I make a $100 bet on Miami, is it a pro bet or a recreational bet? This pro betting verses recreational betting is a bunch of bullcrap. "Non-recreational" is an undefined label that books can stamp on anyone they so desire. Since we are betting real money, all our bets are "professional" bets to a real extent. From reading the forum, there are a few books out there that like to give out big bonuses, but if the punter wins they claim the punter is non-recreational and void all his previously graded wagers and refund the deposit. This is the only time this pro verses recreational labeling comes into play --- when a book wants to cheat a winning customer. So, the book could take back your winnings by labeling you non-recreational -- even tho both of us made the same bets and I was not given that label because I also made several losing bets/

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by taxer View Post
    Again if your on a delay then your playing moves , if your playing moves at a rec book then you are just asking for trouble.

People that want a recreational bonus at a rec shop and want to pick off numbers are just asking for trouble. If you want to get the best number then go to Bookmaker or DSI not the 100% bonus shops and then bitch when they cut you down
    I've been put on delays and limited and denied access to some products at numerous books and dealt crook lines at Bodog yet I've never been a move or steam player. I'm just a keen price shopper as I need to get the best odds possible to have a chance of staying ahead in this game with such fine margins.

taxer

taking back winnings is a NO - NO in my book in fact my best advice to books would be if you need to give dual lines maybe you should just pay and boot the player.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I've been put on delays and limited and denied access to some products at numerous books and dealt crook lines at Bodog yet I've never been a move or steam player. I'm just a keen price shopper as I need to get the best odds possible to have a chance of staying ahead in this game with such fine margins.
    Exactly. Bodog deals dual lines to everyone. A $10 bettor who bets their good dog lines will be switched to the sharp line extremely quickly. The scummy thing about Bodog is that they take one sided action, accepting bets on the wrong side while giving a "the line has moved" message to bets on the right side. They started doing that to me after I beat them a bit on props, but certainly not hugely so.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    What exactly is "playing like a pro"? If I make a $100 bet on Miami, is it a pro bet or a recreational bet? This pro betting verses recreational betting is a bunch of bullcrap. "Non-recreational" is an undefined label that books can stamp on anyone they so desire. Since we are betting real money, all our bets are "professional" bets to a real extent. From reading the forum, there are a few books out there that like to give out big bonuses, but if the punter wins they claim the punter is non-recreational and void all his previously graded wagers and refund the deposit. This is the only time this pro verses recreational labeling comes into play --- when a book wants to cheat a winning customer. So, the book could take back your winnings by labeling you non-recreational -- even tho both of us made the same bets and I was not given that label because I also made several losing bets/
    Good points. I get tired of all this BS about Sharps vs. Squares. Like anyone knows what the outcome of a game will be. If you are a good shop you take action irrespective of whether someone is playing a move or not imo. If your a shop and not ahead of the curve, that should be your loss. And plenty of times players betting the move lose. Books are too paranoid when they have most of the advantages. But I guess it's the bottom line that fuels their paranoia.

Harmy G
    cool story bro
    Harmy G's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2262

Someone needs to read up on what it means to "cry wolf."

Squared Box
    Squared Box's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

I am not defending unfair practices I am a player myself but why play like a pro at a rec shop ? There has to be both sides here we have grown used all always the books having to do what we want.

I mean why even bother thats my point ? why play like a pro at a rec shop if it is clearly a diff business model I understand the bonuses put you at +EV but if the books limits you or tries to fence pros off they are crooks?

I see your point but you cant blame a book for trying to put a defense mechanism vs sharp players
    Uh no. You have it backwards. Dual lines screw over rec players by making them pay a higher price for a public side.

If the real line is -3, but Heritage offers it's squares -3.5, who is the one getting shafted? The guys taking the underdog at +3, or the squares laying -3.5?

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playing moves does not make someone a "professional player"

Fitz030808
    Fitz030808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16504

Same could be said for dealing +3.5 for "sharps" when the line is +4 elsewhere. Hence the definition of dealing dual lines to its clients.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Yeah dual lines are not a way to combat sharps. If you can't set good enough lines to combat sharps, you beat them by cutting their limits or putting them on delays or outright booting them. The books that deal dual lines typically offer a very vanilla line to most people and inflated favorite lines to the people who will bet the favorite at any price offered.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Ok so I was just reading the Heritage thread and people bitching about " dual lines " this is not the first thread I see about this , if your a bookmaker you almost NEED to have several line sets or your gonna get fuct by the sharps.

I see people crying wolf and bitching about it but most probably these are guys that are chasing steams or bad lines and the book applies some risk management , i personally like to see a book be on top of things it makes me feel better about having $$ there , rather than a book that deals ONE line for all clients squares and sharps and is gonna get FUCT in the end.