1966onetime
    1966onetime's Avatar Become A Pro!

William Hill Telephone Betting

Does anybody know whether when placing a bet over the telephone the price would be the price at the time of making the bet ?

MMM
    MMM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most phone betting services quote you the price over the phone and save the recording of the call. So yes.

Only exceptions would be pool betting or maybe horce racing if they use the track prices.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Generally the price you are quoted is the current price and if you accept, that is the price you get.

You could always ask for sp - when backing horses, if that is what you require.

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

probably the price be to a lower price. (If the price is good) Thats my experience with telephone betting.

GoodOldTed
    GoodOldTed's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you get quoted a price, then that's the price you get - wherever you bet.

Only exception would be on racing where you take SP (starting price, which funnily enough isn't recorded until the race has started, and is the industry price, not from one bookie) or if there was another horse withdrawn AFTER you placed your bet, then there would be deductions according to Rule 4. Again, industry standard for racing in the UK.

Can't think of an instance on any other sport where a price would change or be calculated after the call.

headgames
    headgames's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is the minimum price you get, yes. But if the book offers guaranteed prices on horce racing and the SP is higher than the price you accepted, you'll be paid out at the higher SP odds if your horse wins. I accepted odds of 33/1 on Mon Mome for this year's Grand National. It won and I was paid out at the SP price of 100/1.

As for other sports where a rule 4 could be implemented, golf is another.
    Last edited by headgames; 04-17-09 at 04:49 PM.

GoodOldTed
    GoodOldTed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by headgames View Post
    It is the minimum price you get, yes. But if the book offers guaranteed prices on horse racing and the SP is higher than the price you accepted, you'll be paid out at the higher SP odds if your horse wins. I accepted odds of 33/1 on Mon Mome for this year's Grand National. It won and I was paid out at the SP price of 100/1.

As for other sports where a rule 4 could be implemented, golf is another.
    sorry, you're right. Should have included the only time your price can be reduced...