laconic
    laconic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1891

Why do pinnacle not market themselves?

As a bookmaker they are streets ahead of almost all competition. Yet, they leave practically all the soft money on the table for parasites like BWIN to scoop up via marketing. They clearly could pick this sector up and squeeze lame shops out of business with some serious investment if they wanted. Maybe they are just happy with who they are, but they could've been a global beacon for the industry. In the sense that if you want to succeed in this industry you play the ball and not the man. Everyone else just manages customers and not markets.

filipinho
    filipinho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle needs high rollers, and they will come eventually without marketing.Other small books need amateur players, and them you attract with bonuses and aggressive marketing.Pinny dont need someone who will bet 15e on Champions league.And also Pinny relies a lot on good recommendations of their players across the web.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

laconic - if you don't think Pinny is the "global beacon of the industry" which book do you think is? Not being sarcastic, truly just curious!

Because to me - and those much smarter than I - they are the be all and end all. They don't need to advertise the same way SBR no longer needs to. Get to a certain point and that cash you used to pump into adverts goes back to bettors (awesome lines) or posters (betpoints program, contests, etc).

Would love to hear your thoughts!

laconic
    laconic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1891

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    laconic - if you don't think Pinny is the "global beacon of the industry" which book do you think is? Not being sarcastic, truly just curious! Because to me - and those much smarter than I - they are the be all and end all. They don't need to advertise the same way SBR no longer needs to. Get to a certain point and that cash you used to pump into adverts goes back to bettors (awesome lines) or posters (betpoints program, contests, etc). Would love to hear your thoughts!
    Pinnacle are a beacon of the industry, however they are not a global beacon nor more to the point a global brand. It is not chump change that BWIN, B365, Ladbrokes et al are taking off the table. That soft money could be Pinnacles in addition to what they already do. I doubt they lack ambition so I can only conclude they are sort of happy to just do what they do.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by filipinho View Post
    Pinny dont need someone who will bet 15e on Champions league.
    You couldn't be more wrong.
    Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave Trident 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

well they do market themselves; each odds comparison site steers youdirectly there via near top odds.

puntonet
    puntonet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

When i star betting i thought Pin was a bad bookie for this reason. I think the would earn kore customers if the change their site.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Im guessing but I think they take more money on big league footie matches than Betfair manage to match.

Yet not one of my friends has ever heard of them LOL

In the UK 99% of mugs use Hills, Lads, Paddy, Sky or Betfred to do their mugging.

If Pinny do want some English mugs they need to have an option for fractional odds for a start.