tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Smarkets Betting Exchange

Does anyone play with these guys?'
    They are new on the scene, I opened an acct there today and noticed they have A LOT better liquidity than Betdaq, I'm liking the 2% commision too. They only deal in GBP, and Euros at this stage.
    They don't have the widest range of sports to bet on, only: NFL, Horse Racing, Cricket, Tennis, Soccer, Golf, Rugby.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

So far so good. I have had no problems with them.

Slight issues in terms of transparency in that I believe they have market makers on preferential terms. That is fine in the early stages but I would want to be 100% sure that they are not being allowed leverage/credit before committing any substantial proportion of bankroll to them - that is a dangerous game.
    Points Awarded:

tommygun gave FourLengthsClear 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

They are good .........but there have been at least 2 other threads in the last couple of months on the same subject.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

From my experience with them today, I bet on a couple of soccer matches and they do not "suspend" games when a goal is scored.
    Also they take along time to grade horse racing winners, but the owner said they were going to improve on that.
    Also a couple of times I entered my bet in at the available odds and it took a while for my bet to be accepted...
    There market makers work for free, and I agree with u 4lengths, hope they do not get preferential treatment/leverage on the markets, although the owner assured me they dont.
    Their odds are exactly the same as BetFair for 99% of things, i asked why this was and the owner said they use the same market makers for a lot of their product.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

They have Challenger Tennis markets up.

Betfair/Betdaq/Matchbook don't.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

they dont settle horses as quickly as BF as they wait until after the weigh-in / "official official" result is posted and thus don't need to unwind and resettle as BF occasionally has to if something goes awry